Ratings for Dr. David Leonard

Was left awestruck after a single consultation with this doctor. He is incredibly perceptive, and he breaches difficult topics with a lot of tact.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2019

There seems to be a bit of an argument starting here and the post from July 23rd is actually a very accurate account of Dr Leonard from the early 1990's. I saw him both in the public and private systems and his behaviour towards me and other patients could not have been more different in the two locations. Managers and other people can't be held accountable for his behaviour or his attitude toward patients, whether it is positive or negative. He was definitely in control of his own behaviour and choices when he treated me on both occasions. No one is wrong here and no one is making up stories. If someone has a negative experience, no one else has the right to invalidate that experience. Only a very narrow-minded person (like managers worried about their KPI's!) would do that. It's a common phenomenon for psychiatrists to treat patients with more respect in the private system because we're paying patients, and if we don't like a clinician we'll go to someone else. Public patients don't get that choice. They're a captive client base. Dr Leonard might have improved over the years as he's learned to treat people with more respect, but I personally know at least 4 other people who were very damaged by his personal treatment of them and it is naive to pretend otherwise if you were not there at the time to experience or witness his personal behaviour. Respect people's experiences even if they are not your own.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

If only more psychiatrists actually cared about patients like david does

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Dr Leonard is no Brute. The Public mental health system is not run by Psychiatrists. It is run by managers who are interested only in KPI's and they care not a jot for patients. Food, water, bedding and toilet access are the domain of the managers. Your post sounds like a lot of other peoples - cooking up stories to damage a good doctors reputation. There are many many human rights violations in the Australian public mental health system for sure - but anyone who works in that system know the Psychiatrists are powerless to do anything about them.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

This man is the only psychiatrist who I have able to be open and honest with. He is extreamly approachable and has always makes more than enough time for his patients. I honestly owe my life to this man. There aren't words to describe how incredible this man really is.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Legend. Only downfall is his books are closed, more people could use a Doctor like him.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

great doc, very friendly and knows what he is talking about

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

He is the very best pychiatrist I have had treat me. He is a leader in his field through ground breaking treatments. He is also one of the most wonderful gentlemen you will ever meet . He has a great sense of humour; he is empathic, wise and pragmatic. I hope he never retires.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

He works at Albert Road Clinic. Incredibly intelligent, unassuming man who saved my life when I was in the darkest place and he is a person who met me when I could trust nobody, he showed me I could trust again and I'm a better person for knowing him and all his patients are better people for having him in their lives.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

I wish more people had the opportunity to have David. He's worth more than a million stars

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018