Dr. David George Rubin

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David George Rubin

I would highly recommend anyone to Legacy spine and neurological specialist. The entire staff was courteous and caring.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

Dr. Rubin was very professional and spent time explaining my condition. He tried to use conservative measures before surgery. His staff is very efficient and friendly . Surgery was very scary for me but he put me at ease with his knowledge and care.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

I have been very impressed with leagacy. After my initial visit and treatment I saw no improvement of my condition and had resigned myself to having to live with it. Legacy called me to see how things were going and had me come back in in case they had missed something at my initial visit, that is when we found the real problem. I have been telling my friends that if they are having neurological problems they need to go to Legacy.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

When I arrived and could barley walk, the span time from my 1st visit to actual surgery was less than 10 days. Surgery was outpatient, minimal discomfort, and went back to work in 1 week.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

I have had back pain, to some extent, all my life. Two years ago, it began to escalate. I had consulted surgeons before, but they told me there was nothing that could be done. After checking a number of physicians out, I visited with Dr. Rubin . He said that things could be done. I decided to try and see if the sharp stabbing pains could be stopped. When I recovered from anesthesia, I did two things. I wiggled my toes and the pain was gone! Now, 6 months post op, I feel that having this surgery was the best decision I ever made.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

Staff is outstanding. Everyone has been helpful and caring. When I had questions I always got a quick response. Dr. Rubin is outstanding. When the injections did not work, surgery was set at a timely manner and surgery was a great success! Therapy staff was also outstanding. I asked questions and questions were quickly answered. Outstanding crew at Legacy. Thank you everyone!!!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

I am so grateful for Dr. Rubin and the Legacy clinic. Finally a doctor who knows what he is doing. I would recommend Dr. Rubin and Legacy to anyone who needs spine surgery.

Submitted May 11, 2018

I was taking pain medication that caused me to be depressed for months before coming in to see Dr. Rubin. I couldn’t walk without excruciating pain and basically had to crawl to where I wanted to be. Right after surgery I stopped taking all my pain medication even though I have a little discomfort. I am now pain-free and able to walk again. I’ve also never felt better from quitting of the medications I was taking!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

The staff at LEGACY is excellent! They listened to my concerns and took them seriously. Dr. Rubin is very professional, excellent with both the injections and surgery. I am so happy I was referred to Dr Rubin at LEGACY!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

The staff, physician, and nurses were all professional, compassionate, and efficient. They made sure I was comfortable and made sure my condition was explained to me, along with all my options for treatment, including any possible complications. I obtained optimum results and could not be more pleased with my experience at Legacy! Would definitely recommend Legacy! Mike K.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

Dr. David George Rubin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. David Rubin is a board certified neurosurgeon with the American Board of Neurological Surgery (AANS). He completed his medical degree at the University of Southern California where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society. He completed his neurosurgical training at the prestigious Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Cornell-New York Presbyterian Hospitals in New York City. During his neurosurgical residency Dr. Rubin dedicated himself to learning the latest minimally invasive and complex spinal surgery techniques. Prior to joining Axis Brain and Back Institute, Dr. Rubin practiced in Little Rock, Arkansas where he focused on the development and application of minimally invasive surgery techniques for outpatient spinal surgery. He specializes in minimally invasive decompressions, diskectomies, minimally invasive spinal stabilization, lumbar and cervical fusions and intra-operative computer-assisted navigation techniques. However, Dr. Rubin utilizes many non-surgical treatment options for his patients to provide safe and conservative care. You can meet with Dr. Rubin at any of the area metroplex locations including Fort Worth, Decatur, Denton and our new Southlake location.

• English

• University of Virginia (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Southern California (Grad. 2007)

• Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Complex spine surgery
  • Complex Instrumented Spine Surgery
  • Brain Tumors

• Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Medical Honor Society
  • University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine Salergi Collegium Scholorship

UnitedHealthcare