Ratings for Dr. Darren Barber

I highly recommend Dr. Barber. Can't say enough good things about him. I was impressed when I Google searched him and discovered he is a former Olympian in rowing. He is very humble and I don't think would mention this to anyone unless you asked. He is like that with his patient care too. Humble, questioning, trying to understand and completely non-judgmental about whatever you are going through.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I have had to pay $6 for parking several time just to go to the office to make an appointment because I can rarely get through. Then, of course, you pay another $6 parking for the appointment! When Dr Barber could not figure out what was causing my pain etc, he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't know why you are in pain." And, that was the end of that!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Dr. Barber has been just wonderful. Some of the comments here surprise me. This is a kind, knowledgeable doctor who is warm and tries very hard to support. I appreciated that he explained everything to me in detail. I also liked that he gives me choices sometimes and allows me to feel in control of my own health decisions and his role is to inform me of the options and all the related implications of each. He has taken the time twice to phone me at home to talk about the results of tests. I will say that his receptionist has been helpful but also has occasionally made me feel a little scolded and its sometimes frustrating to not be able to get her on the phone.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Receptionist is rude, makes you feel small and will scold you at every opportunity, no privacy, Dr does not give you eye contact and hurries you, no feedback from tests etc, , I hesitate to make an appointment based on their behavior. so much more to say, rate this practice very poor.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. Barber has been my Dr for a few years now. My last visit was about a month or so ago and I was left highly disappointed. It is plain that his solution is sports related. 2 years ago I had xrays on my hip and knee (not sure if I had one on my back), and was found to have an issue with my hip (a floating bone) and I also have degenerative disc disorder and a deteriorated disc in my back. My last visit I was experiencing extreme pain in my hip and back and knees. He examined me, measured my legs and discovered that I had one leg that was shorter than the other, instead of sending me for xrays to see if my hip and back have deteriorated more he simply told me to take aquafit and wear orthodics. Seriously? Was not impressed. I think any further medical issues, I will wait it out and if serious enough I will go to ER, might get real results instead of telling me to take aquafit for a buggered up body....and told right from the start that he had 10 mins to complete the appointment. I much preferred my old doctor who was never on a timer. Danielle has always been pleasant to deal with. I think he runs the After Hours Clinic as they are just as rude as him

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I switched from Dr Silverburg to Dr Barber and believe me Dr barber is a great doctor. He listens to your problems, he is quick so offer solutions and if he doesn't have an answer he calls on another doctor who may have more knowledge with your particular situation. My last Doctor was extremely rude, dismissive and not helpful at at. Dr Barber has reinstated my faith in Doctors. He is great!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I don't understand the previous comments My experience with Dr Barber and Danielle have been more than satisfactory Dr Barber and Danielle are extremely pleasant and helpful. I have never had a bad experience and always leave the my appointment satisfied with the help I have received. Dr Barber is always helpful and through with all my medical concerns. The one thing not tolerated in the office is the scent of cigarette smoke. You will be asked to leave if they can smell it off you. Dr Barber is highly allergic to cigarette smoke. This is not a complaint just a heads ups. Lol.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I agree completely with several of the other comments that have been posted thus far. I had an absolutely terrible experience with Dr. Barber. He is extremely arrogant and judgmental. He lacks patience, compassion and empathy for his patients. I felt as though I was just a number (and a paycheck) and that he had no real interest in developing any sort of patient/doctor relationship that would allow him to fully understand the needs of his patients. He appeared uninterested during appointments and would yawn throughout. When it comes to understanding mental health, he clearly has little experience or desire to better understand people's needs. Although doctors are hard to come by, I felt strongly about my position to leave his office and pursue finding a new doctor (which luckily I was able to do). I was so disappointed with Dr. Barber on so many levels!!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Receptionist rude. Doctor seemed nice in first visits, but seems unwilling to listen to patient's experience of own body. Was disappointing. Felt like I was being talked at, rather than someone sitting with someone to work with me to help my health. Seemed close-minded. Doctors may study years, though ignoring wisdom of patients means making them powerless to participate in own health care. An outdated way to practice medicine.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I wholeheartedly agree with the first poster. This doctor strung us along for about 10 weeks thinking we had found a doctor after moving to Peterborough. I felt attacked the way one of my conditions was approached, and I think that I didn't completely agree with his view of the world is why he decided (after another 4 weeks!) that he wasn't going to take us on after all. The doctor shortage puts all the power in their hands these days, but I would like to point out that it is not ethical to deny care to patients just because you don't agree with their choices. A kind approach and working on issues together would go a lot farther! Stay away from this guy if you don't like getting lectured!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Dr. Darren Barber's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients