Ratings for Dr. Darren Barber

Great physician who always takes the time to work through any issues a patient is having. Thorough, and friendly. Excellent with children.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Horrible horrible doctor, I have never had such a horrible experience. I have been seeing Dr. Barber for almost 4 years and not once has he ever been helpful. He talks down to his patients, believes that if you can’t see an issue, sprain or break, then it doesn’t exist. What else do you expect coming from a sports medicine doctor however. The emerge and walk-in clinics seem to be a better/faster option (how ironic) save your $6 parking and horrible service and go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Saw Dr. Barber at extended hours. Found him thorough.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Always ends up rushing you out and sometimes only hears what he wants to. It seems that money time clock is more important than the patient.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

I don't really understand some of the negative reviews on here. I found Dr. Barber extremely easy to talk to, empathetic, and respectful. He saw me at the exact time I was scheduled, took the time to ask me about myself and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. I do agree that at times it can be difficult to get a hold of his receptionist on the phone, and there should be some alternative way of communicating with her (i.e. email), but after seeing how busy the office is I can completely understand.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Doctor Barber is an ok doctor, but his receptionist is very very rude. I don't even want to make an appointment anymore because she speaks down to me like I'm beneath her and is very judgmental and cold. I also can't even make last minute appointments when my kids are sick, im always told there is nothing available for two weeks. I missed one appointment and was given a bill for $30 when I wasn't even told this was their policy. Not even a warning or anything. Not impressed with this office.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Barber. Can't say enough good things about him. I was impressed when I Google searched him and discovered he is a former Olympian in rowing. He is very humble and I don't think would mention this to anyone unless you asked. He is like that with his patient care too. Humble, questioning, trying to understand and completely non-judgmental about whatever you are going through.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I have had to pay $6 for parking several time just to go to the office to make an appointment because I can rarely get through. Then, of course, you pay another $6 parking for the appointment! When Dr Barber could not figure out what was causing my pain etc, he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't know why you are in pain." And, that was the end of that!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Dr. Barber has been just wonderful. Some of the comments here surprise me. This is a kind, knowledgeable doctor who is warm and tries very hard to support. I appreciated that he explained everything to me in detail. I also liked that he gives me choices sometimes and allows me to feel in control of my own health decisions and his role is to inform me of the options and all the related implications of each. He has taken the time twice to phone me at home to talk about the results of tests. I will say that his receptionist has been helpful but also has occasionally made me feel a little scolded and its sometimes frustrating to not be able to get her on the phone.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Receptionist is rude, makes you feel small and will scold you at every opportunity, no privacy, Dr does not give you eye contact and hurries you, no feedback from tests etc, , I hesitate to make an appointment based on their behavior. so much more to say, rate this practice very poor.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. Darren Barber's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients