Ratings for Dr. D'Anne Howes

I'm actually on this page to get Dr. Howes contact information as I am going to see a different practitioner a few years after obtaining Dr. Howes services. I was suffering from debilitating anxiety and was recommended Dr. Howes by a friend. Reading the comments here though, I can attest to a lot of the content and general dissatisfaction being true. Like others she also shared perhaps to much personal information with me, continually wrote down things like 'Magnesium' and 'Turkey meat' as possible anxiety solutions, seemed weirded out when I spoke about intimacy, forgot peoples names who came up constantly in my sessions, and furthermore , the actual content of sessions we had had in weeks previous. It culminated in a awkward interaction. I was to meet her for a session at 5pm, a session time she confirmed by text earlier in the week. I was running late and text her telling her that I was going to be there around 5:15. She sent me a text saying that my session was, 'not until 6'. I reminded her of the confirmation and excepted it as a misunderstanding, but explained I had plans later and could not make a 6pm session. I promptly left the skytrain station and went to a grocery store adjacent. About 8 minutes after my last text she texted me that she was, 'disappointed' and that I would be 'charged a full session for no showing my FIVE O'CLOCK appointment'! What audacity to try and pull that when our conversation was literally over text! By this time I felt as though I had maybe gotten all the help I could from her, and in truth, was doing a lot better. But reading these comments makes me wonder how much more help I could have taken from a better doctor? She was the first psychologist I had seen since I was a teenager so I really didn't have a gauge. I would recommend finding a different practitioner.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

I can tell you just that shemade opinion as Psychological advisor by worksafebc where she gets paid to provide biased opinions against injured workers. She never saw me in person like other doctors ho diagnosed me with PTSD and was recommended by 3 different doctors to get treatments ASAP. She just made her biased opinion which supports worksafebc to terminate all my benefits and not to approve treatments based on her opinion. Very money oriented. it is well known that worksafebc psychological advisor only providing opinions tosupport worksafebc not injured workers. It is very secure and easy money for her to just write in her opinions what worksafebc needs to be written. I would recommend her to no one. Note: her opinion is rejected by workers compensation appeal tribunal and significant weight was put on these 3 doctors who recommended treatment. Worksafebc had to pay all retroactive and provide me with treatment ...

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I read these reviews before seeing Dr. Howes and thought to give her a try anyway, (anybody can have a bad day every once in awhile). So I was quite annoyed and amused at the same time when I showed up for my 2nd appointment only to discover that she was not in, (apparently she was not able to cancel the appt. because she did not have my contact info?), as her mother was unexpectedly sick in hospital. The first appointment had not been much better, I left with the great, but not terribly practical, advice to give up all white grains and all sugar, and possibly to stop taking one of my antidepressants, (during the very first appointment!). I would have to say that if you are particularly vulnerable and/or in crisis, this doctor is not for you. For a Psychologist she has a terrible bedside manner.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Highlights include: attempting to reschedule every single appointment the day of, not responding to emails, harsh biased judgements, insensitivity, cutting sessions short because she has a ferry to catch, making excuses for her rude behaviour by oversharing about her personal life and an overall attitude of indifference towards her clients. Her solutions for anxiety include writing "magnesium" and "green juice" on the back of her business card each and every session, as if it were the first time you'd met. Favourite quotes: "get over it", "you have a lot of work to do", "you shouldn't have kids because they are too much work", "I've never done any therapy myself except when forced to in grad school". Unfortunately she was the first therapist I'd even seen so I didn't know that there are much better options out there.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

She is so rude and does not take care of her patients. She just cares about money. She canceled my appointment without noticing me. I was waiting for her for an hour and she had already left the office. Not recommended at all.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Thoughtful, compassionate and very warm and easy to talk to. Set a clear path for resolving significant emotional hurdles I've been dealing with for years. During the first visit I understood why I couldn't sleep and was anxious and had a clear idea how to change things. Most rapid improvement I've ever experienced with a psychologist

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. D'Anne Howes's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients