Ratings for Dr. Danielle Florida

Incredibly knowledgeable in her field and so approachable. One of the best psychiatrists I've ever met. She saves lives on a daily basis – would be lost without her.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

She is a great Dr and helped me for over 5 years, I dont think I would be here now without her HELP & UNDERSTANDING, people just dont want to face the facts

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

She is a brilliant and humble psychiatrist. The reception are also wonderful and accomodating.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Dr Florida saved my life. Simple as that. Perfect mix of empathy and honesty and she is genuinely a kind person.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

I came across Dr Danielle when I asked my therapist for recommendations. My therapist suggested Dr Danielle because so many of her other clients spoke so highly of her. I was not disappointed. The first time I saw Dr Danielle I had an extreme fear of medication. I knew I needed something, but I'd had such a bad experience with it in the past that I'd become terrified of taking any again. Dr Danielle was incredible. I was so embarrassed with the state my anxiety had gotten me into in the few years beforehand but she was so totally non-judgemental, so patient, so encouraging, and so clearly extremely knowledgable about medication. I'm now finally able to take a medication that has helped my enormously. The difference between this time this year and this time last year is amazing and I am expecting things to only keep on improving.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Don’t get the negative reviews my expeience w her has been the opposite? She’s been my doctor for over 5 years now and I value her immensely. One thing I don’t understand is why all the hate in the comments below? Perhaps her competitors wrote that out of jealousy? I have experienced Danielle as being a compassionate, intelligence and well read woman who exceedes the job requirements of a “psychiatrist” by giving me advice over the years that has been invaluable and as a result, changed my life for the better. This woman is wonderful, personable and makes me feel validated and comfortable whenever I see her. Regarding her taking your money? She provides a service! Of course any practitioner needs to make a living, have you any idea how hard doctors work to obtain their qualifications ? More than a decade, plus 4-5 years to become a psychiatrist? You expect free sessions? In the world we live: You reap what you sew. Shes highly educated, with a family she cares for, and deserves to earn money for the effort expended. She’s put in the time and effort to achieve what she has, and as such she deserves the monetary compensation. Don’t like it, go public? Get a free psych and then perhaps you can learn to appreciate the quality care Danielle provides. So my experience? I’ve had her as my doc since 2012. Never had an issue ONCE. She’s a busy woman and I understand that. But that doesn’t make her less efficient at her job. She helped me get my life on track and I’ve been seeing doctors since 2001. Mediocre doctors who lacked the knowledge she does. She is unlike any of them, She has a plethora of knowledge other psychD lack, on trauma, dissociation, and it’s relationship to outdated dx like BPD. I consider her trauma informed too. She helped me get out of my abusive relationship and take steps to take an AVO, by sharing her own experience which was life changing for me. Also, she rid me of the burden of carrying the pathological dx of borderline PD by explaining what CPTSD was! Life changing again! as it’s much more appropriate. I had a myriad of dx that didn’t fit slapped on me before seeing her. I was on many wrong medications and over medicated and she helped me wean off them. She also was the first psych who picked up on my ADHD when I was in hospital. This had been ruining my ability to focus on university level academic study since childhood. I am now capable of studying at university level after many years of being angry, disenchanted, agitated, frustrated and perpetually crying at my inability to organise my brain. In addition, Dr Florida, helped me overcome my 6 year dependence on seroquel which was given to me age 16. No other doctor listened to me prior to her when I told them I wanted to get off seroquel, they would increase the dose. Danielle took me seriously and helped me taper off it. This all has changed my life. I am now able to focus, set goals and feel the closest to “normal” and “whole” I have ever felt. No other psychiatrist has this capability, and trust me I’ve seen at least 20 over my life. Not sure why the negative reviews but perhaps I should mention the differing roles between a PSYCHIATRIST and a PSYCHOLOGIST. She is a psychiatrist, but in my time wih her, she has displayed empathy, sincerity and concern towards me, although she isn’t technically my therapist (I wish she was) and in my experience she goes above and beyond what the average psychiatrist would do, if you want therapy you need to seek a PSYCHOLOGIST or counsellor who are specifically trained to give you therapy. Danielle’s sharing parts of her life with me has been priceless over the years for it helped me make wiser decisions, without her selfless sharing disclosing tidbits of wisdom from her own life experience, I doubt I would be on a path towards living a whole life, building healthy, relationships with myself and others, which has enabled me to pursue the journey to recovery I am on today. She doesn’t deserve the negative reviews whatsoever IMO. I hold her in high regard, appreciate her unique style of practice, and see her a positive female role model figure too, and I know others who share my sentiments.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Dr. Florida is not suitable to deal with the stress required of a therapist. My one and only visit was extremely uncomfortable and her skills as a therapist are not suitable to assist others. I come from a family of doctors and her level of expertise is ill equipped to deal with patients.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Worst experience with a psychiatrist. Don't waste your time unless you are seeking addiction help. Other psych disorders are far too difficult for her.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr Florida is a coward. She cannot handle a patient in crisis. Instead passing the buck to another mental health team. She should have stayed a gp, as her knowledge only stems to the common cold and influenza. Save your mind and pocket by choosing someone reputable.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

a complete fraud. pretended to know about addiction but she made me only want to use more. at least she gave me lots of amfetamines and valium, but eventually i got sick of lying to myself and found someone who knew what they were doing. in hindsight she was only interested in taking my money.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr. Danielle Florida's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients