Ratings for Daniela Beer-Becker, MA

She really helped me learn alot about myself and every had an extremely positive impact on my overall mental health and well-being

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

I would recommend Daniela to anyone who needs therapy she is amazing, very helpful . She sends me home with new perspectives and ways to help myself.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

My mother suffers from bipolar disorder and hadn't been to see a psychologist or psychiatrist for a number of years. I was referred to have her see Daniela and she helped my mother at a critical time when her anxiety was extremely high. I was able to communicate with Daniela by email before bringing my mother to see her and she was responsive, answered my questions and was genuinely caring. My mother was nervous so we went to the first appointment together. Daniela was warm, friendly, helpful and supportive. She made my mother feel at ease and was able to facilitate a referral through her GP for her to also see a psychiatrist to have her medication reviewed. While I wasn't seeing Daniela personally, I would highly recommend her for anyone seeking help for a family member. She put the wheels in motion and I'm happy to say that my mother is doing very well thanks to Daniela's proactive and professional service.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

My husband and I saw Daniela for couples therapy. We found her techniques were greatly effective towards improving certain aspects of our marriage. She is a good listener and really cares about her patients. We highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Great working with Daniela. I really benefited from her collaborative approach, non-judgemental feedback, and friendly personality.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I am deeply grateful that Daniela crossed my path. She is a top-notch therapist and I highly recommend her services. Meeting her provided such clarity on my life. She helped me dedramatize issues, develop a new perspective, set boundaries, and master new life resources. She is committed, compassionate, gentle, and a gifted listener beyond words. I believe my life will be more fulfilling moving forward because of Daniela.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Meeting with Daniela was a very positive experience both for myself personally and my marriage. She was able to really hear and understand the message my wife and I were both trying to get across. Her techniques taught us how to communicate and more importantly how to listen to each-other which made all the difference in our relationship. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I feel fortunate to have met Dr. Daniela . She was able to help me with my pain, with my suffering , after loosing my child, when I was living my life in nightmare. She works with such patience, she helped me move forward with my life... I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I felt a strong connection with Daniela right at the very start of our meeting. She helped me a lot in dealing with my depression and anxiety. She is very professional and knowledgeable. Such a very warm and welcoming person. You can really feel that she loves what she does. She listens and affirms your feelings and concerns. I would highly recommend her to my friends.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr. Beer-Becker is very professional, makes you feel comfortable and at ease. She provided me with handouts, references for books as well as taught me some tools that I could use at home. I particularly liked the fact that she was honest in letting me know that if she was not able to help me that she could refer me to someone she thought could. She seems to really care about helping her clients. I would go back to see her if needed. Thank you.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Daniela Beer-Becker, MA's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Hi! I’m Daniela Beer-Becker, MA, a licensed psychologist with over 15 years of professional experience, including nine years of University-level training in psychology, including my Master’s degree from McGill University. My educational background is international and diverse as I was able to pursue my studies in Austria, Germany, and Canada. My extensive training makes me an expert at helping people to understand what causes and maintains problems, as well as developing personalized treatment plans to facilitate positive growth and wellbeing. I am member of the Order of Psychologists of Quebec and offer my services in English and German. I specialize in the treatment of interpersonal difficulties, anxiety disorders, depression, anger management and coping with grief and loss in adolescents and adults. I also teach life-skills such as communication, assertiveness, problem solving, healthy boundaries, and mindfulness. I have been assessing clients of all ages for learning disabilities for over a decade. Next to working in Montreal, my expertise has taken me to very isolated school communities in the Cree, Inuit and Lower North Shore areas—flying, helicoptering and ski-dooing to these schools to help teachers and children. I provide couple counselling and consider it a privilege to work with both partners as they learn to transform conflicts into opportunities of growth and healing. I teach essential information and skills to help make their relationship successful, or to find out if they want to be together. Couples learn to be more deeply connected and loving with their partners. I absolutely love working with people, and believe diversity is the spice of life. I am sensitive to cultural and diversity issues, and enjoy working with individuals and couples of all sexual orientations. On a personal note, I just celebrated my 20th anniversary with my husband, and am familiar with the challenges a long-term, committed relationship can bring. The professional knowledge I have acquired over many years of training, has been crucial in transforming my marriage relationship into a vibrant and satisfying one. I want to share those relational skills with you, so you also can again experience joy and satisfaction in your relationship. My approach to therapy is warm, collaborative, and non-judgmental. I know that going to therapy can be stressful, so I make every effort to instill a sense of safety, so that you can explore your thoughts and feelings in a supportive environment. My therapeutic approach is based on scientifically-based models of psychotherapy, including cognitive behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness, and solution-focused therapy. I see therapy as a collaborative journey, where we work as a team towards your growth and healing. Along the way, we can connect and laugh (important!) as we pursue your goals together! I am looking forward to working with you!

• English