Daniela Beer-Becker, MA

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Daniela Beer-Becker, MA

Dr. Beer Becker has worked with me to find concrete methods in my everyday life to help me cope with ongoing issues that have been around for 20 years. I never once felt judgement, she is always flexible in her approach and her valuable insights helped me make tremendous progress in last 6 months.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2018

Daniela is really a gorgeous person that has helped me a lot since I started therapy. She totally understands a person who is going through tough times and besides that, she supports and help you to make a decision. I recommend Daniela to everybody :)

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

Stop messing around and go see Daniela! If you’re ready to stop talking about your problems and getting to work to get the job done. In just a few sessions, she helped me progress with my issues with anxiety, ADHD, and PTSD, relative to the many wellness providers I’ve seen in the last 15 years. She’s a quick study and gets to the root of issues. Daniela swiftly provides guidance, insights, and tools to help you. She is empathetic, professional, kind, and the right amount of firmness to keep you on track. Good luck on your path to healing.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Daniella saved my life! She helped me through a very hard time with my anxiety and changed my life. After suffering from anxiety for 8 yeard i finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you Daniela I now feel like I can conquire the world! T :)

flag | Submitted June 10, 2018

Daniela has been of great help to me while I was going through difficult times, trying to understand how to detach myself from a past relationship. She made me understand a lot of things regarding my childhood and how I react in relationships. 4 sessions with her made a bit difference, and I will gladly see her again if I ever need it. I highly recommend her. She is very professional and has a lot of empathy.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Daniela has given me to the support and inspiration during a difficult time when I needed someone to understand what I was going through and to encourage me to move forward. She has helped me to deal with an anxiety that I have developed due to a traumatic event that I was exposed (PTSD ).

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Daniela is almost too good at her job. I came in expecting certain issues of mine to take longer to discuss and resolve, but she is able to focus on a single issue and give practical advice on how to resolve that issue within one session. She has been a great help dealing with my OCD-like tendencies, anxiety, and general ideas on how to live a happy and fulfilling life. Do not hesitate to contact her -- she is highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Daniela helped me process trauma from sexual assault. Every single session I took something meaningful away from our time together. She gave me tools and insight that helped me process sexual abuse, and also my complicated relationships with my mother and father. I found that each session was productive; I never walked away thinking that I was wasting my time. Sometimes I would wonder if a certain experience/memory/emotion was worth bringing up, but no matter the issue, Daniela had significant feedback for me. I enjoyed her straight-forwardness, sense of humor, and sharp mind. I'm constantly recommending her to friends and colleagues.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

I needed help with Severe Anxiety and Depression..symptoms that for a 52 year old male, I did not think would ever affect me. Meeting Daniela was the most effective start to getting better. After dealing with it on my own for almost 6 months and things only going from bad to worse, Daniela was the shinning light at the end of the tunnel. She was very easy to talk with. Her compassion and caring was immediate and she quickly got me focusing on what mattered most to begin the healing process. A lot of people from my generation, don't give therapist enough credit. But I am grateful for her help and support and with her guidance I finally found myself and feel like I can begin a better chapter in my life. Thank You Daniela.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Daniela is truly a gem! No matter what issues I brought to our session, she was able to provide me with excellent tools and techniques that have helped me cope with grief, anxiety and my self-esteem issues. I HIGHLY recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Daniela Beer-Becker, MA's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Hi! I’m Daniela Beer-Becker, MA, a licensed psychologist with over 15 years of professional experience, including nine years of University-level training in psychology, including my Master’s degree from McGill University. My educational background is international and diverse as I was able to pursue my studies in Austria, Germany, and Canada. My extensive training makes me an expert at helping people to understand what causes and maintains problems, as well as developing personalized treatment plans to facilitate positive growth and wellbeing. I am member of the Order of Psychologists of Quebec and offer my services in English and German. I specialize in the treatment of interpersonal difficulties, anxiety disorders, depression, anger management and coping with grief and loss in adolescents and adults. I also teach life-skills such as communication, assertiveness, problem solving, healthy boundaries, and mindfulness. I have been assessing clients of all ages for learning disabilities for over a decade. Next to working in Montreal, my expertise has taken me to very isolated school communities in the Cree, Inuit and Lower North Shore areas—flying, helicoptering and ski-dooing to these schools to help teachers and children. I provide couple counselling and consider it a privilege to work with both partners as they learn to transform conflicts into opportunities of growth and healing. I teach essential information and skills to help make their relationship successful, or to find out if they want to be together. Couples learn to be more deeply connected and loving with their partners. I absolutely love working with people, and believe diversity is the spice of life. I am sensitive to cultural and diversity issues, and enjoy working with individuals and couples of all sexual orientations. On a personal note, I just celebrated my 20th anniversary with my husband, and am familiar with the challenges a long-term, committed relationship can bring. The professional knowledge I have acquired over many years of training, has been crucial in transforming my marriage relationship into a vibrant and satisfying one. I want to share those relational skills with you, so you also can again experience joy and satisfaction in your relationship. My approach to therapy is warm, collaborative, and non-judgmental. I know that going to therapy can be stressful, so I make every effort to instill a sense of safety, so that you can explore your thoughts and feelings in a supportive environment. My therapeutic approach is based on scientifically-based models of psychotherapy, including cognitive behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness, and solution-focused therapy. I see therapy as a collaborative journey, where we work as a team towards your growth and healing. Along the way, we can connect and laugh (important!) as we pursue your goals together! I am looking forward to working with you!

• English