Daniela Beer-Becker, MA

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Daniela Beer-Becker, MA

My husband and I went for couples counseling, and Daniela was wonderful. She helped us learn to communicate better instead of criticizing each other or getting defensive. She provided us with valuable resources for future guidance, and tools to deal with conflict when old habits are hard to shake. She was professional, sensitive to our needs, and supportive. I had never been for counseling before so I was relieved to find someone who made me as comfortable as Daniela did. We would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Daniela helped me in a very critical time in my life. I wanted to see if I could avoid taking medication for anxiety prescribed by my doctor and knew that I could not do it alone. Daniela helped me find my way in a very caring and patent way. I though I fully knew myself, but Daniela helped me realize things about myself that were crucial in my recovery. I will forever be thankful for Daniela's guidance and expertise. I would highly recommend Daniela to anyone suffering from anxiety and/or depression.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

I met with Daniela half a dozen times to sort out a family conflict. She made me feel very comfortable and at ease right from the start. She is understanding, empathic, positive and supportive. Daniela gave me tools to help me overcome my difficulty being assertive. With her encouragement, I felt much more sure of myself and on the right track…and very motivated to deal with my particular situation with a difficult family member. But not only that, she helped me to discover how to handle all situations, even minor ones, in a constructive way that would be less likely to cause defensiveness and anger in the person I am dealing with. I continue to use Daniela’s ‘formula’ and it really works! Thank you, Daniela!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

As this was my first time speaking with a therapist, I wasn't quite sure what to expect and was very nervous. It did not take me long to feel at ease. I had a total of 5 sessions with Daniela. She was very attentive and was able to give feedback and suggestions to help me with my problems. At the beginning of each session, she would recap what we discussed in the previous sessions which made her seem very organized and diligent. I always left each session feeling as though so much had been accomplished and knowing that Daniela had given me the tools I needed to live a healthy life.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Having never been to therapy, I wasn't sure what to expect, and was lucky enough to find Daniela: a straightforward, open-minded, understanding and highly qualified professional to guide me through a difficult time in my life. I really appreciated her approach of active listening ( paraphrasing my words to make sure she fully understood my intent) and educated feedback. Her advice was straightforward and supported with practical tools I could immediately apply. The 6 sessions with Daniela helped smooth out the deep creases in my self perception and gain perspective on building healthier relationships. I feel much better equiped to live a healthy, happy, balanced life and highly reccomend Daniela to anyone needing to talk to someone open, honest and trustworthy.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Daniella is excellent, very helpful for me when i was in crisis . She has a special way to help with anxiety . I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

The bully at work and my father-in-law's death are the reasons I consulted Daniela. I was 'lost' and 'out of control'. Daniela's attentive manner was the light in my dark tunnel. I spoke, she listened. She directed and I followed. I was able to deal with the bully and accept the beautiful gift that my father-in-law's passing presented to me. Thank you Daniela for your kindness, empathy, wisdom and professionalism.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Daniela is an excellent psychologist. She made me feel very welcomed and at ease. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

She really helped me learn alot about myself and every had an extremely positive impact on my overall mental health and well-being

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

I would recommend Daniela to anyone who needs therapy she is amazing, very helpful . She sends me home with new perspectives and ways to help myself.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Daniela Beer-Becker, MA's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Hi! I’m Daniela Beer-Becker, MA, a licensed psychologist with over 15 years of professional experience, including nine years of University-level training in psychology, including my Master’s degree from McGill University. My educational background is international and diverse as I was able to pursue my studies in Austria, Germany, and Canada. My extensive training makes me an expert at helping people to understand what causes and maintains problems, as well as developing personalized treatment plans to facilitate positive growth and wellbeing. I am member of the Order of Psychologists of Quebec and offer my services in English and German. I specialize in the treatment of interpersonal difficulties, anxiety disorders, depression, anger management and coping with grief and loss in adolescents and adults. I also teach life-skills such as communication, assertiveness, problem solving, healthy boundaries, and mindfulness. I have been assessing clients of all ages for learning disabilities for over a decade. Next to working in Montreal, my expertise has taken me to very isolated school communities in the Cree, Inuit and Lower North Shore areas—flying, helicoptering and ski-dooing to these schools to help teachers and children. I provide couple counselling and consider it a privilege to work with both partners as they learn to transform conflicts into opportunities of growth and healing. I teach essential information and skills to help make their relationship successful, or to find out if they want to be together. Couples learn to be more deeply connected and loving with their partners. I absolutely love working with people, and believe diversity is the spice of life. I am sensitive to cultural and diversity issues, and enjoy working with individuals and couples of all sexual orientations. On a personal note, I just celebrated my 20th anniversary with my husband, and am familiar with the challenges a long-term, committed relationship can bring. The professional knowledge I have acquired over many years of training, has been crucial in transforming my marriage relationship into a vibrant and satisfying one. I want to share those relational skills with you, so you also can again experience joy and satisfaction in your relationship. My approach to therapy is warm, collaborative, and non-judgmental. I know that going to therapy can be stressful, so I make every effort to instill a sense of safety, so that you can explore your thoughts and feelings in a supportive environment. My therapeutic approach is based on scientifically-based models of psychotherapy, including cognitive behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness, and solution-focused therapy. I see therapy as a collaborative journey, where we work as a team towards your growth and healing. Along the way, we can connect and laugh (important!) as we pursue your goals together! I am looking forward to working with you!

• English