Daniela Beer-Becker, MA

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Daniela Beer-Becker, MA

Daniela has given me to the support and inspiration during a difficult time when I needed someone to understand what I was going through and to encourage me to move forward. She has helped me to deal with an anxiety that I have developed due to a traumatic event that I was exposed (PTSD ).

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Daniela is almost too good at her job. I came in expecting certain issues of mine to take longer to discuss and resolve, but she is able to focus on a single issue and give practical advice on how to resolve that issue within one session. She has been a great help dealing with my OCD-like tendencies, anxiety, and general ideas on how to live a happy and fulfilling life. Do not hesitate to contact her -- she is highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Daniela helped me process trauma from sexual assault. Every single session I took something meaningful away from our time together. She gave me tools and insight that helped me process sexual abuse, and also my complicated relationships with my mother and father. I found that each session was productive; I never walked away thinking that I was wasting my time. Sometimes I would wonder if a certain experience/memory/emotion was worth bringing up, but no matter the issue, Daniela had significant feedback for me. I enjoyed her straight-forwardness, sense of humor, and sharp mind. I'm constantly recommending her to friends and colleagues.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

I needed help with Severe Anxiety and Depression..symptoms that for a 52 year old male, I did not think would ever affect me. Meeting Daniela was the most effective start to getting better. After dealing with it on my own for almost 6 months and things only going from bad to worse, Daniela was the shinning light at the end of the tunnel. She was very easy to talk with. Her compassion and caring was immediate and she quickly got me focusing on what mattered most to begin the healing process. A lot of people from my generation, don't give therapist enough credit. But I am grateful for her help and support and with her guidance I finally found myself and feel like I can begin a better chapter in my life. Thank You Daniela.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Daniela is truly a gem! No matter what issues I brought to our session, she was able to provide me with excellent tools and techniques that have helped me cope with grief, anxiety and my self-esteem issues. I HIGHLY recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Daniela was very helpful & kind. Daniela helped me get back to the assertive person I was. Helped me deal with family anxiety. Made me feel not silly or crazy & showed me no situation is hopeless. Daniela also provided me with good readings & information. Much food for thought. I really appreciated her help-it was a big step for me. Thank you

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

My experience with Daniela was very positive. When I started seeing her, I was having anxiety attacks that were keeping me from functioning in my daily life. She helped me focus my energy and my thoughts. I use the tools she has provided on a daily basis and I'm so grateful.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

Daniela helped me bring balance to my tendency to worry and the anxiety associated with it. I found her very encouraging, gentle and easy to communicate with. Her strategies help me keep life in perspective and to remind me of my priorities. I feel more balanced and in a better state of mind. I would recommend Daniela.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

My experience with Daniela was very good. She is very professional and at the same time very easy to talk to. She gave me tools to allow me to act better in certain situations and helped me recognize patterns I followed. I would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Daniela is very easy to talk to and she creates an environment where it is very easy to open up and share. She really knows how to make you feel comfortable. Before meeting with her I felt hopeless, but she has now given me the tools to better deal with my issues and take my life back! I couldn’t have done it without her!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

Daniela Beer-Becker, MA's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Hi! I’m Daniela Beer-Becker, MA, a licensed psychologist with over 15 years of professional experience, including nine years of University-level training in psychology, including my Master’s degree from McGill University. My educational background is international and diverse as I was able to pursue my studies in Austria, Germany, and Canada. My extensive training makes me an expert at helping people to understand what causes and maintains problems, as well as developing personalized treatment plans to facilitate positive growth and wellbeing. I am member of the Order of Psychologists of Quebec and offer my services in English and German. I specialize in the treatment of interpersonal difficulties, anxiety disorders, depression, anger management and coping with grief and loss in adolescents and adults. I also teach life-skills such as communication, assertiveness, problem solving, healthy boundaries, and mindfulness. I have been assessing clients of all ages for learning disabilities for over a decade. Next to working in Montreal, my expertise has taken me to very isolated school communities in the Cree, Inuit and Lower North Shore areas—flying, helicoptering and ski-dooing to these schools to help teachers and children. I provide couple counselling and consider it a privilege to work with both partners as they learn to transform conflicts into opportunities of growth and healing. I teach essential information and skills to help make their relationship successful, or to find out if they want to be together. Couples learn to be more deeply connected and loving with their partners. I absolutely love working with people, and believe diversity is the spice of life. I am sensitive to cultural and diversity issues, and enjoy working with individuals and couples of all sexual orientations. On a personal note, I just celebrated my 20th anniversary with my husband, and am familiar with the challenges a long-term, committed relationship can bring. The professional knowledge I have acquired over many years of training, has been crucial in transforming my marriage relationship into a vibrant and satisfying one. I want to share those relational skills with you, so you also can again experience joy and satisfaction in your relationship. My approach to therapy is warm, collaborative, and non-judgmental. I know that going to therapy can be stressful, so I make every effort to instill a sense of safety, so that you can explore your thoughts and feelings in a supportive environment. My therapeutic approach is based on scientifically-based models of psychotherapy, including cognitive behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness, and solution-focused therapy. I see therapy as a collaborative journey, where we work as a team towards your growth and healing. Along the way, we can connect and laugh (important!) as we pursue your goals together! I am looking forward to working with you!

• English
  • German

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.