Daniela Beer-Becker, MA

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Daniela Beer-Becker, MA

Very professional, helpful and warm. I feel so much better and enjoyed my experience with Dr Beer-Becker. I highly recommend her to anyone who seeks therapy.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2019

I would highly recommend Daniela to anyone seeking a therapist. The space she works in is welcoming and relaxing. She makes you feel comfortable and lightens the mood with her great sense of humour. I found each session valuable and took away lots of tools and insight. She is very knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2019

Daniela was an absolute pleasure to deal with. She is kind and compassionate, listens attentively, is extremely knowledgeable, a master at her craft, and just seems to have all the answers. She is as good at her profession as I am at mine, and that's saying a lot. I highly recommend her to anyone who needs help figuring things out, and will absolutely go back and see her if I need any guidance to push through the many challenges that come with a busy life.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2019

Daniela has helped a lot setting boundaries and also how to communicate better and effectively not only with my partner but with people in general. She helped me to understand how the dynamic of my caregivers and I from my childhood is imprinted in my head and how that is affecting my decision making process when choosing my partners. I feel I understand myself better as well as the way I relate with people.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2019

Daniela has been the rock that kept me grounded during this passage of my life. I've been harboring childhood abuse for a long time, and I never thought that anyone could help me, until I met Daniela. She never forced me to go somewhere in the mind where I didn't feel ready to. She waited and gave me tools to prepare me for the journey, patiently, and wisely. I've been seeing her on a regular for over a year, and I've made incredible, if not, miraculous strides as a person, and in my path to healing. She cares, and it shows in her work and passion. The wisdom that she shares is something I'll always prize.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2019

Daniella was extremely helpful and kind. She is a very attentive person and I really saw progress through my sessions. She helped me identify things I needed to address and work on in order to get better. I highly recommend her

flag | Submitted April 25, 2019

Daniela is a very knowledgeable and caring person who will put you at ease from the first session. Over the last few months she helped me identify and take steps towards accepting unresolved feelings from my past that were affecting my current day-to-day life. She is an excellent listener and paraphrases you to ensure everything is properly understood. Highly recommended if you are looking to figure things out and find your peace.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2019

Daniela is a very knowledgeable and caring therapist who listens carefully and understands quickly. She put me at ease the very first session and I immediately understood her goal was to see me succeed! She helped me uncover the core of my unhappiness after only a few sessions and gave me tools and advice to work towards true happiness. I feel amazing after every session because I can truly see the progress I’ve made thanks to her guidance.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2019

I was never a believer in therapy until I met Daniela. I have been seeing her for about 7 months and what a difference she had made in my life. I was never very comfortable opening up to anyone but Daniela never judges and she is an excellent listener. I was instantly comfortable speaking with her because she puts her patients at ease. She will never tell you to do something you are not comfortable with. I did a lot of research before going to see a therapist and I chose Daniela for her excellent reviews...and every word of it is true. I hope to always be able to keep her in my life!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2019

Daniela is warm, empathetic, knowledgeable, and creates a safe environment in which to discuss your problems. I went to see her after a difficult break-up, and she helped me so much. Not just with how to process the grief, but how to choose growth and move forward in a positive way. I would absolutely recommend Daniela!!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2018

Daniela Beer-Becker, MA's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Hi! I’m Daniela Beer-Becker, MA, a licensed psychologist with over 15 years of professional experience, including nine years of University-level training in psychology, including my Master’s degree from McGill University. My educational background is international and diverse as I was able to pursue my studies in Austria, Germany, and Canada. My extensive training makes me an expert at helping people to understand what causes and maintains problems, as well as developing personalized treatment plans to facilitate positive growth and wellbeing. I am member of the Order of Psychologists of Quebec and offer my services in English and German. I specialize in the treatment of interpersonal difficulties, anxiety disorders, depression, anger management and coping with grief and loss in adolescents and adults. I also teach life-skills such as communication, assertiveness, problem solving, healthy boundaries, and mindfulness. I have been assessing clients of all ages for learning disabilities for over a decade. Next to working in Montreal, my expertise has taken me to very isolated school communities in the Cree, Inuit and Lower North Shore areas—flying, helicoptering and ski-dooing to these schools to help teachers and children. I provide couple counselling and consider it a privilege to work with both partners as they learn to transform conflicts into opportunities of growth and healing. I teach essential information and skills to help make their relationship successful, or to find out if they want to be together. Couples learn to be more deeply connected and loving with their partners. I absolutely love working with people, and believe diversity is the spice of life. I am sensitive to cultural and diversity issues, and enjoy working with individuals and couples of all sexual orientations. On a personal note, I just celebrated my 20th anniversary with my husband, and am familiar with the challenges a long-term, committed relationship can bring. The professional knowledge I have acquired over many years of training, has been crucial in transforming my marriage relationship into a vibrant and satisfying one. I want to share those relational skills with you, so you also can again experience joy and satisfaction in your relationship. My approach to therapy is warm, collaborative, and non-judgmental. I know that going to therapy can be stressful, so I make every effort to instill a sense of safety, so that you can explore your thoughts and feelings in a supportive environment. My therapeutic approach is based on scientifically-based models of psychotherapy, including cognitive behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness, and solution-focused therapy. I see therapy as a collaborative journey, where we work as a team towards your growth and healing. Along the way, we can connect and laugh (important!) as we pursue your goals together! I am looking forward to working with you!

• English