Dr. Dan Dao

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Dan Dao

One evening as I was away from home, just as I was getting up from a reclining chair I felt some pain in my lower back as I was making my way to bed, as I laid down I thought of taking an extra strength Tylenol (something I am not in the habit of doing) but as I got up immediately after laying down to look for the Tylenol to take, I was in so much pain and had such difficulty getting up on my feet and walking. The next day, my lower back pain just kept getting worse, so I started taking some over the counter muscle relaxant. After almost 2 weeks on those pills it started to get some better though not fully back to normal, and I stopped taking those meds. But my movement and daily activities such as putting on my socks, shoes, bathing, getting in and out of a car, walking etc. was still painful and I was restricted in my motion. On the day I was traveling to come back home, I slipped at the airport and fell on my hands and knees, and the trip was long, so I was feeling worse by the time I got back home. I was going to give myself so time to take it easy and just take same muscle relaxant I had been and wait it out; but unfortunately I had another mishap and slipped in the tub as I was taking a shower, though thankfully didn’t fall, but after that I was in even more pain. I was in pain just trying to sit down and get out of a chair, even walking or standing I was in pain; I wasn’t able to sleep well because every time I would toss or turn in bed I was in pain and getting out of bed was even worse. I finally went to a walk-in clinic and after being checked and sent for X-ray to my lower back and prescribed Advil 400mg, which gave some relief but the pain was still felt. As I went back to follow up on my X-ray results my doctor recommended I see a Chiropractor, and he was kind enough to recommended Dr. Dan Dao. I was able to get an appointment with him on the 12th. Sept. which was for consultation, but he could see how much pain I was in that he immediately started to work on my back and was so kind and sympathetic to what I was going through. After that initial session and treatment his recommendation was it may take 6 or so sessions. The way I was feeling I just wanted to feel better and not have to suffer and be restricted in my daily life. He was kind enough to see me every other day of the week. After the 2nd session I was already feeling an improvement along with Aleve as needed (which I tried to minimize to just once a day). After each visit I felt a slight improvement, but around the 4th visit I wasn’t feeling it so much; so I told Dr. Dao that, he changed his treatment regimen and started to concentrate on a different part of my back than he had been along with Acupuncture treatment, I started to feel better to the point that I was not needing to take any pills. I am a 52 year old female who is on the heavy side, but THANKS to GOD I have never had any medical or health issues. I am Thankful to GOD that my family doctor to have directed me to Dr. Dao, because he was not only kind and sympathetic, he wasn’t judgmental (regarding my heavy weight) he was willing to listen to my issues and not make me feel like I need to rush, and he had a great personality and bedside manners, and it goes without saying that he is so good at what he does that, after 7 sessions, I am grateful to GOD primarily and after to Dr. Dao for having me on the mend. I am now able to walk with hardly any pain, and able to bathe and dress without the pain that I was having, able to stand long enough to do what I need to do. I would highly recommend Dr. Dan Dao, and the receptionists at that clinic are all just wonderful ladies, who are helpful and friendly. I thank them all.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

I’ve had dizziness and headache from my previous treatment from Physiotherapist. I was given electric needle treatment and neck adjustment which made my problem much worse. Then I found Dr.Dao. Dr.Dao spent considerable amount of time listening and trying to find solution. My problem was actually coming from my shoulder and lower Neck. Dr.Dao’s treatment is thorough and gentle. I cant speak highly enough of him. I would personally recommend to see Dr.Dao if you have any neck/shoulder dizziness/Headache problem. He will examine you and find a right solution. If its something he cannot help he will refer you to right specialist too.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

I've been seeing Dr. Dao for a few months now to treat the neck pain I've been feeling after I got rear ended in a car accident. He has done wonders relieving the pain and I asked him to treat my shoulder which has bothering me prior to the accident. He is very professional and personable. He clearly explains what your issues are and his approach to treating them. You can tell he is passionate in what he does and helping people find relief.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

Dr. Dao is amazing with all of his patients. I was a student observer and shadowed him through an entire day, and the care that he has for all of his patients is second to none. He takes the time to get to know every single one of his patients and make them feel comfortable. To cap it off, his manual skills are fantastic and always structures his treatment specific to the patients’ preferences. Dr. Dao is definitely an amazing doctor, and I would highly recommend seeing him for his services.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

If I can give Dr. Dao 10 stars I would. I'm an RN working in a hospital setting with a lot of patient lifting involved and was referred to him by a friend of mine who was also treated by him. I found my back muscles were so tense it was insane, developed back, neck and shoulder pain, and noticed my posture was terrible as a result. After my initial assessment and treatments with Dr. Dao, the pain and tense feelings in my neck, back, shoulders almost completely dissipated. He was able to improve my shoulder rotation and improved my posture. Felt like I could do back flips the next day. Really loosened up everything. He is very thorough, knowledgable, and his treatments are very effective. Most of all, the environment is very comfortable and he and his staff are so personable and friendly. Highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2018

Been going to Dan for two years now and he is definitely the best !! I've had plenty of back and neck problems and visiting him always does the trick. Such a comfortable environment to be in, I always look forward to my weekly appointments.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Dr. Dao was extremely thorough with both his assessment and treatment. Felt instant relief immediately after the session, and my symptoms significantly improved the next day. He was also able to identify inadequacies in my regular workout routines that I've been doing the past few years based on his assessments, and offered specific workouts to improve my posture. Overall, amazing Doctor!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

i had shoulder pain since almost 10 years ago. ive met with numerous doctors/chiropractors/massagers, but after a couple of treatments, the pain would eventually return. however, Dr. Dao was different. His first treatment made me realize how comfortable and relaxing my shoulder can really. For the past 1 year i have been working as a waitress, which put my lower into a really painful condition, but after meeting him, it has gotten substantially better. I would definitely recommend Dr. Dao to anyone seeking absolute care. He is very passionate about his profession, and is very well educated.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

I have had nothing but pleasant experience with Dr. Dao. I've been struggling with vertigo/headache for the past year, and after spending ridiculous amounts of money on treatment/fees, i finally decided to give chiropractic a try. at first i was a bit hesitant because i've never had any adjustments prior to meeting him, so on the first day of assessment/treatment i was very nervous. But he's been extremely kind and stayed extremely positive about helping me out. Often times (im not saying many) practitioners/doctors would over-simplify the problems and come to a rather easy solution. But Dr.Dao has been very patient about my treatment, and helped me into becoming better. Although i'm not 100% back to my normal state, i have seen incomparable improvements with Dr.Dao that i have not seen with others. Very well educated, and easily one of the top practitioners i've ever encountered.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

Dr. Dao and the entire Emkiro staff are incredible. I saw Dr. Dao for lower back pains, and he was very thorough in his examination, and took the time to explain to me in detail what my ailment was. I felt that he very much cares for each individual patient, and never felt rushed during my appointments. Plus he has magic hands, seriously, my back felt better than it did in years after just 1 session with him. Do yourselves a favour, and go in to see him for yourself. Your body will thank you!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Dr. Dan Dao 's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Dan Dao is a chiropractor and acupuncture practitioner. His passion to become a chiropractor began over a decade ago in his role as a patient. His areas of special interests are focused in managing work-related postural strains, back pain, neck pain, headaches, sports injuries and rehabilitation. His experience with a variety of patient demographics and injuries, taught him that every patient is different even if they may present to the clinic with similar complaints. His unique practice approach is to combine multiple non-invasive therapies into an individualized care plan for each and every patient – concentrated on returning them to the activities that matter most.

• Vietnamese