Ratings for Dr. Dallas Buchanan

I came to Dr. Buchanan for reconstructive surgery to remove and replace an old implant. Through this whole process, Dr. Buchanan has been professional, caring, and a good listener. He gave me options and went the extra mile to find a custom implant. I dealt mostly with Judy in the office - who is awesome - but all his staff was helpful and friendly. The hospital’s nurses shared how much they like working with Dr. Buchanan and his staff. I am very happy with the results and highly recommend Dr. Buchanan.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

In July 2016 I was 29 and just diagnosed with Breast Cancer. After many doctor appointments I made the decision of having a bilateral mastectomy. Dr. Buchanan was recommended to me for bilateral reconstruction after mastectomy for DCIS. He is a perfectionist with amazing surgical skills and a truly caring bedside manner. He always explained every step in my process in great detail and I felt very comfortable with all of his decisions and recommendations. Although I was going through a very scary situation he was always positive and optimistic, even after all the questions we had for him. Dr Buchanan was very skilled and confident and I was reassured he would take very good care of me. He has exceded all of my expectations through my whole experience. After my bilateral surgery in August, he then completed my reconstruction in November with zero complications. Not only is he an outstanding doctor, he is a down to earth person. His staff was always friendly and accommodating and supportive which made me feel even more comfortable. I would recommend him for any procedure! I am extremely happy with my results and my scars are nearly invisible.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr. Buchanan is a skilled and compassionate surgeon. I met him prior to my bilateral mastectomy last fall. He thoroughly discussed all the option with me for breast reconstruction so I could make an informed decision. The day of the surgery I felt completely confidant about the procedure and the outcome. Dr. Buchanan did a fantastic job. Each time I went into the office he would ask what questions I had and would answer all of them, which I appreciate. I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I required emergency surgery to repair a partially amputated finger on a Sunday night, Dr. Buchanan was the on call doctor for the hospital who performed the surgery. I had never met him before and he really took the time to insure I understood what the options were in a difficult situation and made sure I was comfortable with what the procedure would entail. He did a fantastic job of repairing the finger considering the condition it was in. He then came back to the hospital after only a few hours of sleep to follow up with me in the morning before i was discharged. I had a follow up visit with him as well to insure the recovery was progressing, again I was very pleased with his level of care. This was a procedure outside his normal practice but I would not hesitate to recommend him based on his professionalism and care, he really made a challenging and difficult situation for me much more relaxed with his approach, confidence and treatment. Thank you very much. John M.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr. Dallas Buchanan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Kansas Medical Center (Grad. 2006)
  • Temple University (Grad. 2014)

• Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Face-lift