Dr. Daevyd Rodda

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Daevyd Rodda

Rude and unhelpful. Not happy with the result of my surgery. Told it was my fault i got an infection.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2019

Highly recommend Dr Rodda. My Rhumatoid specialist told me my hips were fine. I knew otherwise. At 55 I still wanted to live the lifestyle I was living. This included my work which is sometime physical , riding my horses, keeping fit n living on acreage . Daevyd was reassuring, professional n answered all questions. I chose to have Bilateral Anterior total hip replacements. He was there not long after surgery n everyday until leaving hospital. Only 4 days there. Off crutches in 3 weeks. No hip pain since waking after op. Back riding my horses in 3 months. Living life like I haven’t done for years. Thank you Dr Rodda n team.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2019

I highly recommend Dr Rodda. He and his lovely practice nurse took the time to explain everything very clearly to me before my hip replacement, and I felt very supported throughout the whole process. After living in pain for so many years I just wish I had had my surgery done much sooner! Thank you Dr Rodda and team!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2019

Dr Rodda what a great surgeon from the first time we met I new this was the Dr to do my anterior approach hip replacement his professionalism,mannerism, just made you feel so relaxed and confident right from the start He was there soon after the opp letting us know how every thing went and called in every day afterwards which made you so good and confident I was up and walking the 1st day and off crutches after the week.Its now been 3 months since opp minimum scar and back playing bowls. Thankyou Dr Rodda for a job well done and a special thankyou to your office staff Una who was most helpful at al times Garry Mcpherson

flag | Submitted February 24, 2019

After many years of suffering knee pain it reached a stage where it was necessary for me to consider surgery as the next step if I was to have an active lifestyle in my retirement . Dr Rodda was recommended to me by a friend who previously had a successful knee replacement operation and who was extremely happy with the outcome. After the initial consultation with Dr Rodda it was recommended that I have total replacements on both knees. My first knee replacement was carried out in May this year and result was very successful. I followed up with my second replacement in September. It is now 12 weeks since my second operation and for the first time in 30 plus years I am able to walk pain free. I would like to thank Dr Rodda and his staff for their professionalism, attention and post-op care extended to me during this process.. I would highly recommend Dr Rodda to any one requiring any surgery he deems necessary. Thank you again - much appreciated. Ross Sarow.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

There are not enough words in the English vocabulary to express the gratitude I feel towards Dr. Daevyd Rodda and his team after my total hip replacement surgery experience; in fact, I literally was lost for words at my post-op appointment. At 49 years of age, I found it extremely hard to find a doctor who would listen and actually take my hip pain seriously, consequently this led to me being in pain and on painkillers 24/7 for many years longer than I should have been. After doing my own research to find a doctor who performed the operation using the anterior approach; I came across Dr. Rodda and made an appointment to see him. From the very first meeting, I was extremely impressed by his gentlemanly manner and the kind and caring attitude of himself and his entire staff. He really listened to everything I had to say and after some tests, we decided the best thing to do was to go ahead with a THR. He explained absolutely everything I needed to know in detail to the point where, when he asked me if I had any questions, I pulled out my list and scrolled through the things I wanted to know and realised he had answered every single one of them during his explanation. I am now at the 9 weeks post-op mark and there isn’t anything that I can not do. I was mobile right after surgery and my recovery went ahead in leaps and bounds every day. I am now exercising and doing activities again that were impossible pre-op. At the moment, I am averaging 7000-10 000 steps per day and for those who aren’t aware of my recent surgery, well, they just wouldn’t know that I have had one. My scar looks great and is hardly noticeable and I certainly do not feel any different to when my own bone was there (apart from pain free that is). I am singing his praises everywhere I go and would not for one moment hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing this surgery. Many many thanks Dr. Rodda – YOU’RE THE BEST!!!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

dr rodda best on sunshine coast 3 days in hospital and no pain david carolan

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

An exceptionally talented surgeon with a delightful bedside manner. Dr. Rodda was recommended by a friend of mine and we are both so happy with our new hips. I could not speak highly enough of the treatment him and his team gave me.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

Dr. Daevyd Rodda's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

After graduating from medicine at Monash University in 2004, Dr. Rodda worked and trained in the field of Orthopaedics at some of the most prestigious hospitals in Melbourne. During this time, he was awarded an honorary fellowship at the University of Melbourne Department of Anatomy. Dr Rodda maintains an active interest in orthopaedic trauma and providing excellent outcomes, even in very complex cases. He has also done further post-fellowship training in various centres of excellence throughout Europe and North America, particularly in the field of joint replacement surgery of the lower limb and sports knee injuries. Dr Rodda is widely regarded for his Anterior Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement surgery. He teaches this complex operation to other surgeons throughout Australia. Dr Rodda performs both primary and in select cases, revision hip replacement via the anterior approach. He places a huge emphasis on delivering the highest quality surgical results with a compassionate and caring approach. Outside work, Daevyd is enjoying the Sunshine Coast’s warmer weather and his recreational hobbies including running, swimming, water-sports and travel.

• English

• University of Melbourne (Grad. 2004)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal