Dr. Cristina Dumitru

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Cristina Dumitru

I had an so with insomnia/anxiety and decided to have my hormones tested. My OBGYN referred me to an endocrinologist and I wasn't to please with his credentials or reviews. After much reviewing I found Dr. Dumitru and everything I've read about her was true. The staff scheduled me in to see her as soon as possible which was amazing because other physicians were booked months away. I loved that I didn't have to fill out paperwork, since everything is done online. Check in was smooth and quick. I waited maybe 5 minutes before Dr. Dumitru came in. She reviewed my recent and past results and of course asked me a ton of questions. In the end she decided to send me off for labs checking 20 different things. I had been having trouble sleeping and OTC sleeping pills were not helping. Unfortunately, Dr. Dumitru refused to give me anything until my labs showed a diagnosis. I have to say, I was a bit upset but happy that she's the type of Doctor that wants to truly help her patients not just hand out prescriptions. She wouldn't even give me an educated opinion of essentials oils due to lack of data. Again very pleased that she wants what is best for the patient. Im seeing her again in a few days,but not in her office, through Televisit Virtual Appointment. My appointment can be in my car as long as I have my phone or tablet with me. So excited to see her in the future. Highly recommending her to anyone who is struggling with a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Wow! I don't know where to begin.... Check in was painless. They are highly automated and use a patient portal and iPhone app... They took me back to the exam room a couple of minutes early (positive mark #2), The intake process was quick (about 10 minute), the doc came in immediately after intake was complete. No waiting. She was thorough, spent plenty of time explaining what my situation was, possible causes, potential outcomes, and treatments. She tailored the conversation to my understanding very well, and at no time did I feel rushed. The doctor actually did the ultrasound on my thyroid herself rather than having a tech do it. By far and away I have never felt this comfortable or well care for by a doctor! If 10 stars were an option I would choose that over the 5 I gave in this review!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

It is hard to find a doctor like Dr. Dumitru these days. She is so personable and will sit and discuss your questions until you fully understand the answers.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr. Dumitru is amazing. She was so understanding and willing to help me get back on track with my diabetes. Most doctors just give me a lecture but she was so patient with me. Very knowledgeable. Love her!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Wonderful doctor and human being! What's more she was able to explain everything in such a clear manner while remaining concise. Genuinely caring and I am very very happy I chose to see her for my complicated problem.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I absolutely LOVE Dr Dumitru and her staff!! She is great at helping me to understand all aspects of my medical care and takes as much time as needed to make sure she answers any questions I have. I have been to both locations but prefer the Katy location since its closest to my home. I'm over 50 and have never had a Dr that exhibits the level of caring and concern that Dr Dumitru does. I HIGHLY recommend her!!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

So Glad my friend recommended Dr. Cristina Dumitru to me, she is a great Doctor who really listen and care.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr. Dumitru is very caring and shows concern for her patients. She takes the time to explain the diagnosis, medication available and simple life measures that will help.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. Dumitru shows genuine concern and takes time to discuss and explain any questions. Very pleased.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

We have been very pleased with all aspects of Dr dumitru's care from her efficiency to her staff to how she explains medical issues in common analogies! We highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Dr. Cristina Dumitru's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Dumitru strives for excellence in the diagnosis and treatment of all hormonal disorders by combining the most recent advances and techniques with a compassionate approach. She specializes in disorders of the endocrine system. She goes to great lengths to care for each and every patient and to spend time listening to and addressing all questions and concerns.

• Romanian
  • Spanish
  • Italian

• Yale University (Grad. 2010)

• Thyroid nodules