Ratings for Dr. Chinna Samy

Dr samy gives patients medication that his patient tell him they have had them before and they make patient worse. Terrible beside manner and staff lie to you over the phone. Say Dr isn't in when really hrs with a patient, not very professional.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

This man reminded me of a kind, caring teddy bear when I met him in at Pine Rivers. Intimidating is not what many people would describe him as, though I respect the former reviewer and their experiences.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Wasn't helpful at all, very intimidating. Would not recommend

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Dr. Samy is one of the best consulting psychiatrists you are likely to encounter in Queensland. I have been a patient of his since June 2011. I suffer from Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Social Phobia and Depressive Disorder (Mild). Although I am a very challenging patient to deal with in regards to sensitivity and negative reactions to various medication classes such as SSRIs and TCAs he has always been there for me when I need him. Dr. Samy is compassionate, understanding and has an extensive knowledge on all types of psychiatric medications. He is not a drug pusher and does not put his patients on high or dangerous levels of medications if they do not have to be. I even tried TMS. It worked to start with but I did have issues whilst nearing the end of the treatment. So many people that I have seen whilst being an inpatient though have benefited from TMS. I also nearly always get a return phone call if I am having an emergency situation from Dr. Samy and he doesn't charge like wounded bull for psychiatry consultations. There is no "God Complex" or ego. He will even consult with his fellow peers within his professional circle for further suggestions and medical opinions. Dr. Samy will also involve you in your treatment as well as your family and friends. Cannot recommend him highly enough! You will be in great hands.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

I love doctor sammy he a grate doctor I been seeming him for 2 years I get t m s and it works for me he is always there for me when need I will not go to any other doctor

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Dr Samy has been my dr for 6 years and has been amazingly helpful. Whilst Pine Rivers is limited in its offerings for rehab/programs (comparing it to South Pacific Private in Curl Curl, Sydney which is amazing) Dr Samy makes up for its shortfall with his professionalism and expertise. Always pleased to have a consultation with him as I feel better afterwards. He is one of the best. Very highly regarded by patients and peers alike.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Very highly regarded by his patients at Pine Rivers Private Hospital. Kind, interested nature. I remember having dinner with this guy at Pine Rivers and he was so glad to be rescued from a terrible experience at Belmont that he felt the overwhelming urge to hug Dr Samy at the end of the first appointment and Dr Samy obliged! Pine rivers is a great hospital too. The staff really care.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Professional intelligent caring I highly recommend Dr.Samy to anyone seeking compassionate guidance through difficult times.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015