Dr. Charles W. Washam

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Charles W. Washam

Dr. Washam is nonjudgmental but honest & keeps it real. I highly recommend him for individual or group counseling!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2018

Dr. Washam provided a caring, supportive and safe environment for my husband and me to openly discuss our marital concerns. After just five sessions we have already developed a new appreciation for the importance of sensitive, honest, accepting communication. Dr. Washam is the best.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Washam‘s for the past year. He is an excellent diagnostician, and has a keen ability to not judge or blame but rather understand and accept. Dr. Washam has been a tremendous help in my healing.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Nowadays, mental health has become all about medication and treating symptoms. However, Dr. Washam is a wonderful and refreshing alternative. He is caring, direct, insightful, humorous, and challenging, and his commitment to authenticity and transparency has been transformational. Throughout our therapy, I have felt safe and cared for (even during the most difficult sessions), and I encourage anyone who is struggling to contact Dr. Washam.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

I knew something was out of control I just didn't know what. So I decided to give myself and my husband a Christmas gift and get some help. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety when I thought I had depression. I was driving myself and my poor husband crazy after a few visits and finally agreeing to try a very small dose of anxiety medicine I know have control of my life and I so happy. Wow what a difference Dr Washam made in my life. I was terrified but I had to do something. It is ok to admit something is wrong and this man will help you to get better. Don't hesitate for minute on choosing him. He is absolutely awesome.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

I began working with Dr. Washam in June 2017. I decided to work with him based on his many incredible reviews. I must say that with his help, guidance, and compassion, he probably saved my life. Dr. Washam is so different from most others because he cares and wants his patients to succeed in life and reach their full potential. After six months of his guidance and help, I am in a fantastic emotional place. I truly have never felt this strong and confident in all my life. Thank you Dr. Washam.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

I am a 22 year old and have a child. When I was 19, my child was born and had been suffering from mild anxiety and depression. I have been going to Dr. Washam for about 6 months and its been such an enlightening experience. He is very intellectual and makes you feel like more than just a patient. I have truly found a friend in him and no longer suffer in anxiety or depression. By far one of the best and most informative experiences I have had.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

Knowledge of meds and use, better than most doctors!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Dr. Washam came recommended by my dad who spoke very highly of him. Therefore, I had very high expectations as I walked into my first appointment. Dr. Washam easily exceeded all of them. He's knowledgeable, flexible and easy to reach, and provides a comfortable environment to open up and be honest.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

I wish that all my health care professionals cared about their patients as much as Dr. Washam does. His boundless energy, careful attention to detail, and his patience, understanding and clinical acumen are unparalleled. In my experience, Dr. Washam is direct, challenging, and is committed to helping others discern their truth and live authentically, and congruently, from that place. I have gained new self-awareness and my pain in life is diminishing.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

Dr. Charles W. Washam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Charles Washam specializes in psychoanalytic psychotherapy and marital and family therapy. He is licensed in several states as a marriage and family therapist, clinical social worker, and professional clinical counselor, and has over 33 years of clinical experience. Dr. Washam is also an ordained Episcopal priest and serves the church in various capacities. Dr. Washam is a Board Certified Diplomate with the American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work and the American Academy of Medical Psychotherapy. He is likewise credentialed by the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (Clinical Fellow), American Association of Pastoral Counselors (Fellow), American Group Psychotherapy Association, American Academy of Psychotherapists, the National Registry of Certified Group Psychotherapists, and the National Board for Certified Counselors. Dr. Washam's areas of clinical focus and treatment include anxiety disorders, bipolar, death and dying, depression, impulse control and conduct disorders, personality disorders (borderline, dependent, narcissistic), and spirituality. He works primarily with adolescents and adults, and is committed to establishing and maintaining a collaborative working relationship with the patient's referring physician.

• English

• University of Kentucky (Grad. 1989)
  • Georgia State University (Grad. 1984)
  • College of Idaho (Grad. 1974)

• Marriage counseling
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Generalized anxiety disorder