Dr. Charles W. Washam

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Charles W. Washam

My husband has suffered with anxiety for the past 4 years and thanks to Dr. Washam, my husband has learned how to manage and understand his anxiety. We continue to see Dr. Washam on a bi-weekly basis because we truly enjoy talking with him, gaining valuable life knowledge and to continue to work on ourselves. I highly recommend Dr. Washam and refer him to all my friends and family.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2018

Dr Washam was referred to us by our family physician so we were already confident of him. We found him to be extremely knowledgeable about our problems with a blended family and infidelity. We are very pleased with our sessions and expect that our relationship will continue with Dr Washam.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

When my husband wanted to give Dr. Washam more money for spending 40 more mins over our hour to help us, he refused the money, hugged us, and said we could write a review for him if we wanted. Dr. Washam deserves more than just a good review. Dr. Washam has counseled my husband and I for approximately a month. I consider our case a very challenging one and Dr. Washam has managed to take our baggage and lay it out on the table for us to plainly see (per say). He is very good at metaphorically painting a picture for us to better understand what he sees in us. He has shared personal experiences, insight, and education with us, which certainly backs up his knowledge and credibility. Dr. Washam is someone who we both love like family and whom we both highly respect. Words simply cannot describe the godly wisdom we have been so fortunate to soak in. Only 2 visits and we're convinced there is no one better (for us.) He's an animal lover too! Not to mention, his office is SO neat, very clean and comfortable.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

Hi I’m 18 years old and Dr. Washam is a great fit for me. He pushes me to get my life in order but at the same time I know he cares for me :)

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

I am 17 years old and Dr. Washam has saved my life . I trust him and deeply value my time with. He has been like the father I never had.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

Dr. Washam has mastered the art of active, compassionate listening. He skillfully employs insightful interpretations with gentle albeit direct confrontations. My wife and I have benefited beyond our expectations, and we are most grateful.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2018

Dr. Washam is nonjudgmental but honest & keeps it real. I highly recommend him for individual or group counseling!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2018

Dr. Washam provided a caring, supportive and safe environment for my husband and me to openly discuss our marital concerns. After just five sessions we have already developed a new appreciation for the importance of sensitive, honest, accepting communication. Dr. Washam is the best.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Washam‘s for the past year. He is an excellent diagnostician, and has a keen ability to not judge or blame but rather understand and accept. Dr. Washam has been a tremendous help in my healing.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Nowadays, mental health has become all about medication and treating symptoms. However, Dr. Washam is a wonderful and refreshing alternative. He is caring, direct, insightful, humorous, and challenging, and his commitment to authenticity and transparency has been transformational. Throughout our therapy, I have felt safe and cared for (even during the most difficult sessions), and I encourage anyone who is struggling to contact Dr. Washam.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

Dr. Charles W. Washam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Charles Washam specializes in psychoanalytic psychotherapy and marital and family therapy. He is licensed in several states as a marriage and family therapist, clinical social worker, and professional clinical counselor, and has over 33 years of clinical experience. Dr. Washam is also an ordained Episcopal priest and serves the church in various capacities. Dr. Washam is a Board Certified Diplomate with the American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work and the American Academy of Medical Psychotherapy. He is likewise credentialed by the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (Clinical Fellow), American Association of Pastoral Counselors (Fellow), American Group Psychotherapy Association, American Academy of Psychotherapists, the National Registry of Certified Group Psychotherapists, and the National Board for Certified Counselors. Dr. Washam's areas of clinical focus and treatment include anxiety disorders, bipolar, death and dying, depression, impulse control and conduct disorders, personality disorders (borderline, dependent, narcissistic), and spirituality. He works primarily with adolescents and adults, and is committed to establishing and maintaining a collaborative working relationship with the patient's referring physician.

• English

• University of Kentucky (Grad. 1989)
  • Georgia State University (Grad. 1984)
  • College of Idaho (Grad. 1974)

• Marriage counseling
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Generalized anxiety disorder