Ratings for Dr. Brian Mayson

Dr Mayson is extremely knowledgeable, professional and proficient when it comes to prostate issues and surgery. I have very recently had a cystoscope and TURP procedure performed by Dr Mayson and from start to finish he could not have been more helpful. I have no hesitation in recommending him to those requiring prostate treatment.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I understand that support staff have a lot of work to do but why must the receptionist be so rude? I'm not sure if it was because I was young but I was simply trying to change my appointment due to exams at the same time but ended up having it cancelled. She gave me a lot of attitude and seemed very annoyed with me. I wish I had a chance to see Dr. Mayson but I don't think I'll be making another appointment.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I have found Dr. Mayson to be professional, knowledgable, reassuring and highly competent. His timely and aggressive treatment of my bladder cancer has spared me from the radical surgery often required in my situation. His office staff has also been helpful, though clearly overworked...I think this department needs a budget increase!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Dr Brian Mayson's unprofessional manner and actions have led me to write this negative review. His manner was arrogant and condescending, his wisecracks even worse. While staring at the monitor on his desk, he asked me if I knew what Google was, then directed me to the UBC Dept of Urology site, knowing that I'm a software engineer. When my wife mentioned that ultrasound therapy for treating a kidney stone was a good idea, he replied, "Oh, you mean I won't have to put something up his penis." I wonder how Dr Mayson would feel if someone spoke to his wife this way. His comment was shocking. He wanted to schedule the next appointment for February, but I wasn't available and asked for March. He started to interrogate me and my wife like an immigration officer about why I couldn't make it: "Why can't you make it?" "Where are you going?" "What for?" His face turned red, he was visibly agitated. He then proceeded to leave his office, headed to the reception area and ordered his secretaries, and announced to everyone within earshot, "Give him an appointment in March, because they're going on VACATION in February." I would definitely not recommend this urologist. He's lucky I haven't made an official complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC about his unprofessional conduct. Dr Brian Mayson is practicing in Vancouver BC, not London ON as listed on this website.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Mayson. He was patient, understanding and thorough. He took the time to discuss my options and made sure I was comfortable with my decision. The operation was was a breeze and things turned out just fine! His staff and reception have always been polite and helpful.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Dr Mayson is in Vancouver last I heard. I only met him quickly before he assisted a Dr Martin Gleave back in 2011 on my supposedly " nerve sparing radical prostectamy " that gleave talked me in to.. When I was about be wheeled in I wished him luck on sparing the nerves. He replied . " We are not here to spare nerves . We are here to Cut Out Cancer ! " Well that was a fact. Also left a lot of damage in the wake to which I still suffer... When Mayson so abruptly made his view clear I got up to leave. To late some one stuck a needle in my arm and that was it.. To be sold before hand on how good they are then to be told as they are wheeling you in what is really going to happen is just wrong.. I only hope it happens to him one day.

Submitted June 12, 2015

Dr. Brian Mayson's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients