Ratings for Dr. Brett Braly

Dr Brett Braly is an awesome surgeon. The back surgery that he performed was successful and the best part was he prayed over me. He’s a Godly man so who better than that to do surgery on you. If you have chronic back pain I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2019

Had a c4c5 fusion I have waited over a yr to rate Dr.Braly . The hospital was awesome best experience I ever had for surgery. Dr.Braly is quick to go straight to a fusion as the only option. The outcome is good I was pain free for many months. After surgery never took a pain pill as I was in more pain before surgery that the actual soreness from the procedure was nothing. It has taken some time but the fusion is now affecting the joints above and below wish I had gotten more opinions before I did a fusion now almost back to where I was. He is a great Doctor but could maybe look into more options of repair as a fusion creates new problems over time. I really like him but once the new problems arise he will step back and send you somewhere else because he dont want to deal with it.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2018

Never saw the infamous Dr Braly, just the PA. If you want to actually be seen and treated by a MD go elsewhere! Dr Braley can’t help you here and neither can his PA especially when he or she never takes the time to exam you.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

Dr. Braly performed the xlif procedure fusing L3 and L4. I came out of recovery with the severe pain I had experienced previously gone. I walked out of the hospital the next day and went home. Amazing results! Thank you doc Braly!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2018

Dr. Braly is amazing. He and his team have been involved in my life for over a year now and have seen me through two surgeries, one just 2 weeks ago. I am 22 and have already had 2 back surgeries, that’s tough in itself, let alone the actual trauma of the procedures. They have been so amazing and helpful and are there any time you need them. Dr Braly also prays with his patients and I really enjoy that solemn peace that comes about the room right before surgery.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

Very kind and very profession. Helped me through a really tough back surgery and great through the follow up. He is a real blessing and helped relieve my leg pain that I've had for years.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I had C 4 to C 6 fusions in December of 2014. I have had the best results. I would say he is the best at what he does. Thank you Dr. Braly

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr Braly and his staff are very knowledgeable and very helpful! I very highly recommend them to anyone needing help with any type of orthopedic back or neck problem. I had surgery to fuse C5 and C6 a year ago in October with no problems at all. I have never felt better, and I no longer have the terrible headaches that I was dealing with prior to the surgery. Dr Brett Braly and his staff are the best!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr. Braly did a spine fusion of my L 4-5 vertebra back in January of 2015. From the beginning the experience could not have gone better. I walked into his office scared, not knowing how my back was ever going to get better, by the time I left the appointment, I felt confident about the plan that we came up with a sure that I had picked the right doctor for the job. On the day of the surgery, Dr. Braly again put me at ease, by his first action...he asked me if I'd pray with him. The surgery went perfectly today I am 100% better. I went from barely being able to walk or sit down and being in pain 100% of the time, to playing golf whenever I want, riding horses whenever I want, jogging whenever I want. Basically, I'm now able to live my life the way I want. If you have back/neck problems, I would definitely recommend Dr. Braly!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr Braly did an ILIF and I had wonderfu relief from leg and back pain. I would tell anyone that hurt like i did to go see him...the surgery is tough and takes a while to recover but soooo worth it.His bedside manner is the best, telling you everything upfront...He is rated way down this page and should be higher up...I thnk him for giving me back a life...I may be 70 but I still have thing I want to do...thank you Dr Braly/ Oklahoma City. ...Inez Sander/ Seiling, Ok.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Dr. Brett Braly's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Brett Braly is a board certifiedfellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon offering complete care for the cervical, thoracic and lumbar regions of the adult and aging spine. A native Oklahoman, Dr. Braly received residency and fellowship training at prestigious institutions and is excited to offer both traditional and new techniques in treating the adult and aging spine. He is Oklahoma’s only surgeon to be admitted to the Society of Lateral Access Surgery and is a leading advocate for the use of minimally disruptive techniques for spinal surgery. http://www.ossonetwork.com/physician/brett-braly/

• English

• University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (Grad. 2008)

• Oklahoma's only surgeon to be admitted to the, ' Society of Lateral Access Surgery" and is a leading advocate for the use of minimally disruptive techniques for spinal surgery.

• Eubanks J, Schnaser E, Hohl J, Xie K, Rowan A, Gable M, Hilibrand A, Belding J, Braly BA: Congenital stenosis and adjacent segment disease. Orthopaedics. 2013 Oct 1;36(10) 1251-5
  • Armaghani SJ, Even JL, Zern EK, Braly BA, Kang JD, Devin CJ. The Evaluation of donor site pain after harvest of tricortical anterior iliac crest bone graft for spinal surgery: a prospective study. Spine (Phila Pa1976) 2015 Oct 15
  • Woods B, Hohl J, Braly BA, Lee JY, Kang JD. Mortality in Elderly Patients following Operative and Non-Operative Management of Odontoid Fractures. Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques. 2014 Aug;27(6):321-6
  • Braly BA, Lunardini D, Cornett C, Donaldson WD. Treating Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy: Cervical Laminoplasty. Adv Orthop. 2012;2012:508534
  • Eubanks JD, Thorpe SW, Cheruvu VK, Braly BA, Kang JD. Does Smoking Influence Fusion Rates in Posterior Cervical Arthrodesis with Lateral Mass Instrumentation? Clin Orthop Relat Research. 2010 Sep 22.
  • Beall DP, Martin HD, Mintz DN, Ly JQ, Costello RF, Braly BA, Yoosefian F. Anatomic and Structural Evaluation of the Hip: a Cross-sectional Imaging technique combining Anatomic and Biomechanical Evaluations. Clin Imaging. 2008 Sep-Oct; 32(5):372-81
  • Braly BA, Lee JY. Early Management of Cervical Spine Trauma. UPMC Trauma Rounds. Summer 2010.10
  • Martin HD, Savage A, Braly BA, Palmer IJ, Beall DP, Kelly B. The Function of the Hip Capsular Ligaments: A Quantitative Report. Arthroscopy. 2008 Feb;24 (10): 188-195
  • Braly BA, Beall DP, Martin HD. Clinical examination of the athletic hip. Clin Sports Med. 2006 Apr;25(2):199-210, vii.
  • Braly BA, Woods B, Syed I, Lee J. Lumbosacral Injuries: Diagnosis and Treatment. Lumbosacral and Pelvic Procedures. Kim D, Vaccarro A, Whang P, Kim S. 2013
  • Cornett C, Braly BA, Donaldson WD. Posterior Cervical Spinal Decompression. Orthopaedic KnowledgeOnline, Jan, 2012.
  • Even J, McCullough K, Braly B, Hohl J, Song Y, Lee J, McGirt M, Devin C. Clinical Indications for Arterial Imaging in Cervical Trauma Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012 Feb 15;37(4):286-91.

MSP/BC Med