Dr. Brett Braly's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Brett Braly is a board certifiedfellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon offering complete care for the cervical, thoracic and lumbar regions of the adult and aging spine. A native Oklahoman, Dr. Braly received residency and fellowship training at prestigious institutions and is excited to offer both traditional and new techniques in treating the adult and aging spine. He is Oklahoma’s only surgeon to be admitted to the Society of Lateral Access Surgery and is a leading advocate for the use of minimally disruptive techniques for spinal surgery. http://www.ossonetwork.com/physician/brett-braly/
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (Grad. 2008)
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
- Oklahoma's only surgeon to be admitted to the, ' Society of Lateral Access Surgery" and is a leading advocate for the use of minimally disruptive techniques for spinal surgery.
Publications & Research
- Eubanks J, Schnaser E, Hohl J, Xie K, Rowan A, Gable M, Hilibrand A, Belding J, Braly BA: Congenital stenosis and adjacent segment disease. Orthopaedics. 2013 Oct 1;36(10) 1251-5
- Armaghani SJ, Even JL, Zern EK, Braly BA, Kang JD, Devin CJ. The Evaluation of donor site pain after harvest of tricortical anterior iliac crest bone graft for spinal surgery: a prospective study. Spine (Phila Pa1976) 2015 Oct 15
- Woods B, Hohl J, Braly BA, Lee JY, Kang JD. Mortality in Elderly Patients following Operative and Non-Operative Management of Odontoid Fractures. Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques. 2014 Aug;27(6):321-6
- Braly BA, Lunardini D, Cornett C, Donaldson WD. Treating Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy: Cervical Laminoplasty. Adv Orthop. 2012;2012:508534
- Eubanks JD, Thorpe SW, Cheruvu VK, Braly BA, Kang JD. Does Smoking Influence Fusion Rates in Posterior Cervical Arthrodesis with Lateral Mass Instrumentation? Clin Orthop Relat Research. 2010 Sep 22.
- Beall DP, Martin HD, Mintz DN, Ly JQ, Costello RF, Braly BA, Yoosefian F. Anatomic and Structural Evaluation of the Hip: a Cross-sectional Imaging technique combining Anatomic and Biomechanical Evaluations. Clin Imaging. 2008 Sep-Oct; 32(5):372-81
- Braly BA, Lee JY. Early Management of Cervical Spine Trauma. UPMC Trauma Rounds. Summer 2010.10
- Martin HD, Savage A, Braly BA, Palmer IJ, Beall DP, Kelly B. The Function of the Hip Capsular Ligaments: A Quantitative Report. Arthroscopy. 2008 Feb;24 (10): 188-195
- Braly BA, Beall DP, Martin HD. Clinical examination of the athletic hip. Clin Sports Med. 2006 Apr;25(2):199-210, vii.
- Braly BA, Woods B, Syed I, Lee J. Lumbosacral Injuries: Diagnosis and Treatment. Lumbosacral and Pelvic Procedures. Kim D, Vaccarro A, Whang P, Kim S. 2013
- Cornett C, Braly BA, Donaldson WD. Posterior Cervical Spinal Decompression. Orthopaedic KnowledgeOnline, Jan, 2012.
- Even J, McCullough K, Braly B, Hohl J, Song Y, Lee J, McGirt M, Devin C. Clinical Indications for Arterial Imaging in Cervical Trauma Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012 Feb 15;37(4):286-91.