Dr. Blake Abawi

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Blake Abawi

Dr. Abawi is thorough, knowledgeable, and kind. We have felt very well looked after. He looks after myself and my two toddler boys. We are grateful to be a part of his practice.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Dr. Abawi takes care of our entire family. He is caring, compassionate and goes above and beyond what we expected. When we moved to Ontario we were stuck with my family Dr from my childhood. I hated him as a child and still despise him today. I am thankful Dr.Abawi took on my entire family. The kids love him and he is super easy to talk to. His secretaries have always been great with us, getting us in when needed and squeezing me in as my work schedule gives me very little time to take care of myself. I'm excited as a patient to see Dr. Abawi and his family practice grow and mature.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

in the area the very best family doctors glad we belong to his ofice

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Dr obawi has been the family doctor of my husband and myself for almost one year now and he is very polite and easy to talk to and his secretaries are very friendly and conscientious. He is very thorough and seems to care a lot about his patients and is patient , understanding and works hard with his clients to achieve the best possible outcome related to staying well on medications, in our experience. There is one problem in my situation, however I find with you dr. Obawi that I was hoping would not follow me from only ONE previous GP and psychiatrist I had in the past who lied about me and broke the rules in doctor/patient confidentiality via putting me "on the spot" while they knew I was under extreme duress via C.A.S. and recklessly and cruelly interfered in our lives pertaining to the loss of custody of our son, and the false comments stated about us both and about myself pertaining to certain medications I was said to not properly take. Hence, this has had a huge and unnecessary negative and unfair consequence on my overall thyroid health and I feel has led me to be discriminated against once again, by being denied a second opinion by an endocrinologist pertaining to my thyroid health. However, I do understand that this is the way the system goes and I respect your position as a physician and your responsibility to make sound judgements in matters as such. Mabey it will be a lot easier for you and a few other people in our lives, including us, once our court battle is finally over and C.A.S. and a few other "decision makers" who were in authority in our lives at the time our son was taken from us unlawfully, are properly reprimanded and things are finally straightened out and put back in order again😊

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Dr. Abawi , what a pleasurable person and Dr. you are and what a pleasure it was to be in your office today. Your new secretary is so nice and helpful. The other secretary would have driven your practice to the ground, you made a good choice by hiring a new sectary. All the best.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

very cautious Dr caring and available we are glad to be his patient

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

I think he is very thorough, knowledgeable and great doctor! I am very very happy with him and his secretary!!!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Staff is very professional and Dr. Abawi listens and takes your concerns into consideration. Excellent!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

One of the office staff sent my referral from the CCAC back for no reason (I had gotten a referral from a wlak in clinic and it confused them.) Apparently, that was Dr. Abawi's wife who did it. CCAC said they had never seen anything like it. Tried to come in and other office staff asked me for several different forms, which would have all been sent by CCAC. Tried to tell her this and she said that there's no way that would have happened. Got another doctor in the interim and was glad for it. If I had to deal with this office staff every time I needed to see a doc, I probably just wouldn't go.

Submitted November 7, 2016

His secretary is such an obnoxious, lying person. On October 26, I had an appointment at 12pm, at about 10:30 I started feeling really bad so my daughter called in at 10:33 and informed the secretary that I might not be coming, but also told the secretary that she would call her back in half an hour and let her know if I am canceling the appointment or not. In a few minutes she called the secretary back to let her know we are coming for the appointment but no one answered the phone. In about 10 minutes my daughter called back to let the secretary know that we are coming so we left for the appointment. At 11:57 my daughter called the secretary again, at that time the secretary answered the phone and my daughter informed her that we are on the parking lot coming in, at which time the secretary started yelling and arguing with my daughter and also told her that the appointment is cancelled because we did not call back. This is when I took over the phone and told the secretary that my daughter called twice and this is the third time she is calling and you people are not picking up the phones. The secretary’s answer was, “we didn’t pick up the phone because we knew it was a cancelation” and she started laughing, this is terrible and you are a terrible liar, then the secretary said any way you are 1 minute late for the appointment so it has to be cancelled, I can rebook it for December. I told her you are just arguing with me for the past 3 minutes knowing purposely well that I am outside on the parking lot. I told her you are lying again, at which time my son went to see the secretary and showed her exactly at what time each phone call took place and showed her that she is lying at which time she couldn’t say anything because she had proof stuck right in front of her, so she just started laughing. This is terrible, disgusting and awful, in order to save your lying but you turn around and slander an innocent (disabled) person causing her to lose the only Dr. she could find in the town of Wasaga Beach. I am sure that Dr. Abawi does not know the whole truth, but if he does and he did not try to correct the wrong which his secretary did, then he is not worthy to be my Dr. P.S. November 3 2016, my daughter called the office twice as she wanted to make an appointment for herself, she already is a patient of Dr. Abawi and no one is picking up the phone. I hope the secretary is not telling my daughter to go and find herself another Dr. too because of this incident. My daughter is completely innocent, having nothing to do with the above incident and she shouldn’t be treated like this. What an awful, disgusting way to treat people or patients. I see it only right for you people to apologize and rectify this terrible thing that you have done to me and my daughter. How could she do this to a disabled person. Dr. Abawi, change this lying secretary of yours!!!!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr. Blake Abawi's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients