Dr. Ben Thomas

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ben Thomas

When I went to Sierra Dental two years ago, my teeth were totally a mess and Dr.Thomas has been fixing them ever since. After a major but mandatory surgery in April 2018, I am in the process of gaining back my smile and I feel good about myself. I was was also helped because Dr.Thomas speaks French and I was more comfortable communiting with him as I was still struggling with my English. He educated me and told me all my options and it helped me in making informed decisions about my treatment. Dr.Thomas is also a good community builder. I invited him on the 25 th commemoration against Tutsi in Rwanda and he joined with hesitation. I was so impressed and so humbled when he showed up. When my 10 year old daughter and myself go to the dentist office , we are very confident as Dr.Thomas and his team have our vest interest at heart. Thank you so much , Dr.Thomas.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2019

Dr Thomas is extremely knowledgable, patient and professional...otherwise awesome! I appreciate that he walks through the procedure before, during and after in layman's terms. He recently removed a broken abutment so that I was able to retain the existing implant when two other professionals had indicated that the implant had to be completely removed and redone. My periodontal health is at an all time high primary due to Dr Thomas. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2019

I have gone to two periodontist in Calgary before I found Dr. Ben Thomas through online searching. Now both my husband and I are his patients. Dr. Thomas is very professional, knowledgeable and responsible. He cares about patients, tells us what we should do and what we don’t have to do. He is always very patient to answer all the questions we have, and explain the reasons or procedures well regarding the periodontal treatment, bone grafting, tooth extraction, implant, etc. He even advised us how to brush correctly to prevent further expense on tooth root planning /deep cleaning. We wish we would have come to see him years ago. Dr. Thomas’s assistant Stacey is professional, patient, efficient and super helpful as well. We can’t be happier with Dr. Thomas and his team. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2019

Excellent, professional, skilled, knowledgeable and efficient. I had a very complex dental situation and he resolved it. Excellent aftercare and post follow up

flag | Submitted May 29, 2019

I seen Dr. Thomas for my wisdom teeth extraction. I’ve never had a more pleasant experience! Both Dr. Thomas and his assistant Ashley made me feel very comfortable and at ease. Dr. Thomas is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and personable. I highly reccommend anyone to see Dr. Thomas at Sierra Dental!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2019

I saw Dr. Ben Thomas at Sierra Dental for an extraction of a wisdom tooth. I was nervous but he really made me feel at ease and was very gentle. Good experience all around. Would highly recommend him and Sierra Dental.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2019

Knowledgeable, understanding, and attentive Dr. Thomas took the time and care to ensure that I was comfortable with the procedure. He has a warm personality and provides excellent after-procedure care by providing his cell phone number should you have any concerns/questions while healing.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2018

I was in to see Bienka for a follow up on a periodontal issue and as always it was a pleasure !. I would have never thought I would use that description when it came to submitting a dental review however Sierra always treats me so well- from Reception,hygienists and Dr. Ben Thomas I would not hesitate to recommend!tp

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

Being seriously afraid of dentists Dr Ben made me feel completely at ease considering I needed a gingevectomy, a crown lengthening procedure and implants. The work he has done has been a welcome relief and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

Due to a serious of misadventures with dentists at other offices, I had to have a tooth that had been through two deep fillings, a root canal, and two crowns extracted and permanently put out of its misery. Dr. Thomas was extremely friendly and gentle, very clearly explained the procedure (I had to have some bone grafting done as well), and explained alternative treatment options so I could make an informed decision. His assistant, Ashley, did a great job as well, and made me feel completely at ease throughout the entire surgery. I was only locally anesthetized, but felt nothing more than a little bit of pressure from the injection into my palette. Post-surgery, I felt no pain or discomfort. I would highly recommend Dr. Thomas and Sierra Dental!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

Dr. Ben Thomas's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ben Thomas was born in Calgary and raised in Crossfield, Alberta. After high school, he spent two years abroad before moving to the United States to pursue further education. He completed his undergraduate education at Brigham Young University, where he majored in Neuroscience and minored in French. He then earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree, Master of Public Health degree, and Specialty Certificate in Periodontics from the University of North Carolina. His training also included certification in Intravenous Sedation and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.

• English