Ratings for Dr. Awad Mortada

Horrible bedside manner, constantly pushed unneeded medicines, focused solely on one symptom and denied it was caused by my medication. He is extremely arrogant and unclear in his interactions, it took me over 10 months to find out that I had received a diagnosis of epilepsy at the prior appointment. I now drive to a specialist in Calgary and it is WELL worth the trip to escape the "care" of Dr. Mortada, who threw a childish fit and excused me from his care after I expressed concern about how he was treating me.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

Amazing doctor!!!! Very personal great bedside manners, he actually listens which is rare in a specialist. I know I'm in great hands.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

The best doctor I have ever had. He has rushed to emergency to meet me, called me to check up, entered daily medication with caution because of my extreme reactions to meds. He really cared about me getting my life back after years of migraines. I wish all doctors were this careful about prescription and moving forward with treatment!!!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Love him! So patient and kind and so knowledgeable and supportive. Also a compassionate man! Fantastic!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

Someone should remind this guy that he signed an oath to help people.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Went to Dr awad to help in my diagnosis of sca after I informed him of my use of medical cannabis he began to judge every symptom I discribed. He told me because my mother has all these symptoms that they are all in my head. He was also blown away with my knowledge of the disease although I informed him that I've studied the disease since I was 14 and first found out I could also have this gene mutation. He then made multiple mistakes on a blood requisition to the point that when my blood made it to the lab it sat around and went bad. When his staff called to inform me of this I said ok let's get another blood requisition and could you refer me to a different doctor the one I had originally asked for they said no problem. When I went to get the new paper work they told me he wasn't gonna give me another requisition and that I would have to go to my family doctor for the referral. Where I live it's hard to get a family doctor so I'm forced to use walk ins. Now I have to go back and start the whole process again that I started 5 months ago.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

My husband saw Dr. Mortada in January and we are very impressed with him. He is very knowledgeable, able to explain a complex specialty and possible illness with great clarity. We found him patient, concerned and personable. His staff are also excellent; efficient and personable. Red Deer is fortunate to have a neurologist of this caliber.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

I'm hoping this is the same Dr A Mortada that is currently practising in Red Deer now. Was referred to him after I asked for a new neurologist. I had been having difficulties with my previous doctor. I was very impressed. Although he was running about 45 minutes late, he did apologize for making me wait. He not only covered ALL of my questions & concerns he also did a full neurological work-up. Something my previous neuro never did. He explained all new medications to me, including side effects & his reasoning for putting me on them. He also explained what will be done if these new meds do not work. It wasn't a "well let's try this & see what happens" with no plan B if they don't. His receptionist was incredibly friendly & overall I was very impressed. Looking forward to my follow-up in three months.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

If this is the doctor in Red Deer then stay clear of him. I cannot rate his knowledge other than terrible because he spent the whole time lecturing me rather then doing his job. He was also 45 minutes late!! I value my time and deserve more respect then what he gave me. Shame on you and to think he will get paid for my time is outrageous!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

Very nice respectfull staff and office was very clean organized . He was very professional.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015