Ratings for Dr. Arif Karmali

Knowledgeable; helpful I recommend the clinic where he works

flag | Submitted October 19, 2019

I was in tears with two torn miniscus my first appointment with Dr. Karmali. I had no idea I had injured both knees so badly and I kept unknowingly reinjuring them until Dr. Karmalis diagnosis. I was better but far from well after my first of 7;appointments. As I said to my husband, I knew I was in the hands of a master. I still have to do my homework exercises to complete my therapy, but I can walk instead of hobbling everywhere, and my pain is gone. Dr. Karmali also rid me of a pain in my right lower back of over a year. I thought that’s just the way my life was going to be, with that dull pain. Its gone. Thankyou, Thankyou Dr. Karmali. My husband is seeing you tomorrow!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2019

I had a very sore left knee when I knelt. I’m a runner and was afraid it would affect my running. Dr Karmali assessed me and immediately started a treatment plan. He was very informative and positive. I noticed a change after the second treatment. It only got better. I’m doing physio now and I can honestly say the pain is negligible. So grateful to Dr Karmali for fixing me up so I can stay active!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2019

I had been suffering with back pain issues for over a decade - had tried in-numerable massage and physiotherapists - which generally turned out to be a very short term patch to the issue. Dr. Karmali was the only person who explained the core issues i had in a way that i could understand and really helped me get a long term reduction in pain. He is a very friendly and knowledgeable person always ready to help you understand the source of the issue and help provide with a sustainable long term treatment. Thanks for the care.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2019

I had severe knee pain due to arthritis and an injury and had gotten nowhere with my family doctor. That changed when I found the Knee Clinic. Dr Karmali diagnosed the problem and explained it in plain language. He gave specific, helpful guidance and worked on my knee for two months. After three weeks there was already significant improvement. I also saw a physio at the clinic. I was impressed with Dr Karmali’s genuinely friendly, knowledgeable professionalism. He truly wants to help his patients and provides excellent care.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2019

I have had knee pain off and on for many years. After a visit and assessment,x-rays were done and arthritis was found to be the main problem due to an operation 16 years ago . The meniscus was found to be worn out as well. After a series of visits my ability to function more normally was greatly enhanced and the addition of a brace helps even more.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2019

I suffered through knee pain that limited my activity level for close to a year. I had seen a doctor and physiotherapist with very little result. I then decided to go to the Knee Clinic and met with Dr Karmali. Within the hour, I had a diagnosis chronic right subpatellar chondrosis as well as a treatment plan. I saw Dr Karmali twice a week for three weeks and also met with the physiotherapist. After the first visit, I had a noticeable decrease in my pain. By the end of treatment, I am back to my level of activity. Thank you very much!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2019

Great experience with Dr. Karmali. He seems very knowledgeable. I left the clinic every time feeling so much less pain.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2019

Arif helped me recover from a knee injury I had from skiing. I fell in an awkward position when skiing and had torn my MLC (very minor tear). Arif diagnosed me and helped me recover with no pain in 3 weeks. He is a joy to talk to and helps you understand what is wrong with your knee with terminology and analogies that make sense to a person with no Kinesiology background.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2019

After falling in a ski competition I had some tearing in my lateral meniscus Dr. Karmali was able to identify the problem and some other previous problems I also had with my knee. After around 2 weeks I revived my orthodox and he was able to help the pain and stability in my knee. I am really looking forward to skiing again can’t thank Dr. Karmali enough for his work and time.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2019

Dr. Arif Karmali's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Born and raised in Calgary, Dr. Karmali completed a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology at the University of Calgary in 2010. During this time, he gained a solid understanding of how various walking and running biomechanics can lead to injury as a practicum student at the Running Injury Clinic. Following his tenure at the University of Calgary, he successfully earned a Doctor of Chiropractic degree in 2014 from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto. His desire to practice as a Sports Specialist has led Dr. Karmali to undertake the challenge of being a Resident of the Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (Canada). As an athlete and recognized Exercise is Medicine Canada (EIMC) professional, Dr. Karmali thoroughly enjoys working with athletes of all levels. He is actively involved in his community and has future plans to volunteer his time and knowledge with World Spine Care. He also endeavours to earn the opportunity to give back to the chiropractic profession as a clinical supervisor and educator at a chiropractic institution. Dr. Karmali is a proud member of the Elite Sport Performance team. He embraces a comprehensive approach to healthcare and is committed to providing high-quality, evidence-informed, patient-centred care to facilitate improved performance and to achieve optimal wellness.

UnitedHealthcare