Ratings for Dr. Anup Patel

Not a sugar coating type of surgeon. He is honest and really good at what he does. Orlando’s secret as I was looking to go to other surgeons, but this doctor is not pushy and helps you on his own without pushing me and my questions to a nurse or a PA. He made so much time for me and even suggest I not do a procedure I thought I should do. If you want quality go to Dr. Anup. I am so happy after consulting with pretty much every plastic surgeon I chose him.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2019

I needed carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists. I was in tremendous pain for several weeks before each surgery. Dr Patel completed surgery on first my right and later my left wrist and my left index finger. Within a very short time and along with following Dr. Patel’s physical therapy instructions, I experienced no pain and full range of motion with both wrists and hands! I highly recommend Dr. Anup Patel without hesitation to anyone needing hand surgery.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2019

I was self-conscious about a mole I had on my hand for a couple of years. I decided to see Dr. a new Patel, because he is a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in aesthetics and focuses on minimal scarring. He did an amazing job with me! He took his time and was very gentle throughout the whole process. His staff is definitely amazing all the way around front the front desk, to the nurse, to the surgical scheduler, to the surgeon himself. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs cosmetic surgery. Thank you Dr. Patel! I will definitely be in for more procedures in the future!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2019

So I rated this doctor last year when he saved my father’s face with a skin cancer issue. He was able to maintain form and functionality to his face, while removing all of the cancer! This was my dad’s 3rd surgery on the same issue...he sought out Dr Patel because he needed someone to actually solve the problem instead of just hacking away at his face and not getting it all. And I honestly cannot say more about how wonderful Dr Patel and his staff were to my family back then, what an amazing job he did, how he saved my dad and preserved his face. And he did all of it while showing compassion, making us feel heard and understood, and not ever dismissing our concerns or silly questions away, as many doctors do. His bedside manner is as spectacular as his awe-inducing amount of skill. I could not honestly say any more. Until yesterday. Yesterday, my son had a bicycle accident and got a deep laceration on his face. And the only person who popped into my head was Dr Patel. I think that says everything you need to know about what kind of a doctor he is. As a mom, the only one I could trust with my son’s face is Dr Patel. He and his staff were our biggest blessing. He was compassionate, kind, he fixed my son’s face. And he and his staff stayed late to us! I mean when was the last time a skilled surgeon put his own schedule aside to help a patient? Ive never met one before Dr Patel! When was the last time you encountered a staff who happily stayed and put plans on hold to help someone , while having a smile on their faces? that is exactly what they did. I am humbled by their grace shown to my family, their awesom amounts of skill, their bedside manner in dealing with my son. I honestly cried in the parking lot at our blessings to have found this Doctor, and for him to have been the one to help two members of my family in preserving their faces. He and his staff are absolute Godsends. Literally the biggest blessings I can think of. May God always bless you Dr Patel, and staff.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2019

Excelent experience. Dr. Patel was amazing, beautiful human being. My daughter 10 years old had for 15 days a broken finger, I found Dr. Patel and he did a surgery inmediatly.with excellents resulta. He is very professional, he did a great job. Also I would Like to thanks To the staff which is very very friendly and try to help all the time, my experience so far it have been wonderful. Dr. Patel God bless you! You are the best! Thank you once again.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2019

I am so grateful Dr. Patel opened an office in the Villages. He is kind, but most of all a world class surgeon who is hard to find in our area. Highly recommending him to all my friends here.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2019

Dr. Anup Patel performed De Quervain's surgery on my left wrist several months ago. My wrist was at the point that I could not practice on my guitar as well as limiting my workouts at the gym. And turning door with my left hand was completely out of the question. The surgery went exactly as he explained it. I followed his post operative instructions and I am now back to normal and participating in my hobbies as if I never had an issue. And a plus is that as a plastic surgeon, the scar is not at all noticeable. He is a very skilled and compassionate surgeon that I cannot thank enough for getting me back to normal. But my experience with Dr. Patel continues. Several weeks ago I had a home gym workout related accident whereby I fell which resulted in a laceration on my head that was a three way directional wound. I also had lacerations on the bridge of my nose and my thumb. I was concerned with the highly visible location of the wounds on my head and nose. I knew that I would need the skills of a plastic surgeon and immediately sent a picture to Dr. Patel. Although this was a Sunday, he responded within an hour and set me up for reconstructive surgery. The wounds are healing up nicely and I will have minimal scaring. If there is a need for further work on the head injury then I know I will be in excellent hands with Dr. Patel for any additional reconstructive surgery. I can already say that the laceration on the bridge of my nose is not at all visible due to his plastic surgery skills. I cannot thank Dr. Patel enough for the immediate response, incredible and personalized care and concern that he provided to me. His responsiveness to my immediate needs goes well beyond the normal standard of care that I would ever thought was possible. And a big thank you goes out to his nursing and administrative staff for their professionalism and incredible and caring attitude that they provided to me. Lastly, it goes without saying that I highly recommend Dr. Patel to anyone needing medical treatment and surgery for hand and wrist issues as well as reconstructive plastic surgery for injuries. Russ

flag | Submitted September 23, 2019

I drove from St. Augustine to Orlando to have Dr. Anup Patel do open carpal tunnel surgery and thumb cmc arthroplasty on my right hand. The surgery center was wonderful and Dr. Patel did an amazing job! He is caring, professional, knowledgeable, and obviously very skilled. My surgery was done on May 31st and I am almost finished with my occupational therapy. I will be having the same surgeries done on my left hand in the near future and wouldn't consider going to any other doctor. I am truly grateful for Dr. Patel and highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2019

I had carpal tunnel surgery and thumb joint arthroplasty on my right hand in May of this year. I was very comfortable and impressed with Dr. Patel's compassion, knowledge, education and skills! I will be having him perform the same surgeries on my left hand, hopefully later this year. I couldn't be happier with my results and highly recommend him! Dr. Patel is also a plastic surgeon, which made my incisions barely noticeable at this point in the healing process.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2019

I got a breast augmentation and lift with Dr. Patel and I am confident he was the best for this procedure. He takes things very seriously and from the beginning made me feel confident in his approach and plan. My results 6 months out now are simply amazing and he has been available for me at any moment. I highly recommend him. He is an artist with all his attention to detail and the best in town. Most honest there is compared to the others I have consulted with.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2019

Dr. Anup Patel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Anup Patel is a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon trained in hand/upper extremity surgery, microsurgery, and plastic and reconstructive surgery. He completed his plastic and reconstructive surgery training at Yale University followed by a hand and microsurgery fellowship at the New York University Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. Dr. Patel received his MD and MBA from the Yale University School of Medicine and Yale University School of Management, respectively. He graduated as the valedictorian of his class at the University of Florida majoring in economics, biochemistry and molecular genetics and valedictorian of his high-school class at Lake Highland. Dr. Patel has served on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons’ Board of Directors and Government Affairs Committee, as well as the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal’s Editorial Board. He is on the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Global Open Journal’s Editorial Board spearheading its operative video instructional series endeavoring to train surgeons worldwide. He serves as reviewer for the Aesthetic Surgery Journal. Dr. Patel has worked in the United States Senate assisting with healthcare finance involving the Medicare Prescription Drug Bill. His academic success including innovative research has garnered numerous accolades and been featured in various media outlets. Recently, NBC’s Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon thanked Dr. David Chiu and Dr. Patel on the show for their help in managing and treating his ring avulsion injury and nerve compression. USA Today and former Governor Jeb Bush recognized Dr. Patel for his academic achievement and volunteer efforts at the University of Florida. He has published extensively in peer-reviewed journals on various topics in surgery including aesthetics, burns, craniofacial, trauma, hand and microsurgery, and peripheral nerve compressions. Of note, he was awarded the Nobel Laureate Joseph E. Murray Award for his research on cost effectiveness of treatment of skin cancers. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Florida and New York. He is affiliated with Orlando Regional Medical Center and is a surgeon with Orlando Hand Surgery Associates and is the founding surgeon at Orlando Plastic Surgery Institute.

• English
  • Gujarati
  • Hindi

• University of Florida (Grad. 2004)
  • Yale University (Grad. 2009)

• Face-lift
  • Skin cancer
  • Breast Lift

• Top Research Award, American Association of Plastic Surgeons, 2015
  • Fellowship for Cleft Surgery, Operation Smile and Stryker International, 2012
  • Betsy Winters Award: Selected by the graduating medical school class for the resident at Yale Hospital who has made the most significant contribution to the education of the class, Yale School of Medicine, 2011
  • Top Prize for Clinical Research, Yale School of Medicine Section for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2011
  • Best Clinical Research Project, Nobel Laureate Joseph E. Murray Award, 2009