Dr. Anup Patel

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Anup Patel

After 28 years on my job, I suffered from a fall. My workman's comp sent me to a well known Orthopedic firm in the Central Florida area. After two months of "treating" me there was no improvement and I was released twice during this time as "Maximum Medical Improvement". I could not use my hand. It was swollen to twice its size, the fingers could barely bend. I exercised my "one time only second opinion" and THANKFULLY got assigned to Dr. Patel. He took one look at my hand and arm, prescribed a few diagnostic tests and then came up with a treatment plan. It has now been almost five months since my fall, but I can type, I can use my hand for most activities and I am improving daily. Dr. Patel LISTENED. Dr. Patel CARED. But most of all, Dr. Patel knew his field of study, used his expertise and solved my medical problems. He is one of the finest Doctors I have ever had. He helped me to get over what was one of the lowest points in my adult life. I didn't even realize the mental impact my injury was causing until I started healing under Dr. Patel's care. I would highly recommend him to anyone with an upper extremity issue. Thank you Dr. Patel.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2019

I had carpal tunnel surgery in 1993 by a doctor in New York. I started to experience similar symptoms plus losing feeling in my thumb, index snd middle finger. Before I select a doctor I like to check, get a recommendation from a doctor that I trust and then check out their background. I spoke to one of my doctors who I hold in high regard and is a personal friend of mine. He recommended Dr. Patel. Dr. Patel’s curriculum vitae is outstanding. I made an appointment with him. After some tests he explained that my carpal tunnel had returned and I had scar tissue. Dr. Patel took the time to explain the procedure that needed to be done and that it was a very complex procedure. He had to do an extended carpal tunnel release using a microscope and free the nerve from all the scar tissue and protect the nerve with a wrap using microsurgery. I am so glad that I chose Dr. Patel. He is a very caring doctor who takes time with his patients. He personally called me the day after surgery to make sure everything went well. I have never had a doctor call himself the day after surgery. He also contacted my doctor who recommended him to me to let him know that the surgery went well. When I went for my post op appointment he took the time to speak to me and show me photos of my surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Patel - not only is he a extremely qualified doctor but his is a very personable and compassionate person as well.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2019

I have been wanting a augmentation done for years and finally made the descision to proceed. Dr. Patel had taken care of me when I needed several hand procedures over the summmer and I trusted him to to do my breast as well . I’m so happy with my results and would recommend him to my friends .

flag | Submitted February 12, 2019

I suffered from a condition known as “trigger thumb” in my right thumb. Dr. Patel performed surgery on the thumb to eliminate the condition and did a marvelous job. There was minimal discomfort from the surgery and within two weeks of the surgery, the thumb was virtually totally healed. Further, Dr. Patel made the necessary incision on a crease in my thumb, leaving no discernible scar, which was an aesthetic plus that was unexpected. I wholeheartedly applaud Dr. Patel’s medical skills, augmented by his calm, reassuring manner of handling me as a patient. Rod Caborn, Winter Park, FL

flag | Submitted February 11, 2019

I saw Dr. Anup to remove skin cancer from my nose. I am so glad I went to a plastic surgeon for this as I had skin cancer on the area before and could see my scarring. Dr. Patel is a professional and also cared so much about me through the process and my results. If you need skin cancer removed and reconstructed and want to ensure the best results see him. As someone with unfortunate experience with skin cancer I have seen a lot of people and none with the professionalism and talent of Dr. Patel.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2019

Had a great experience seeing Dr. Patel for my fillers. He inject himself which I really wanted after an issue I had. He did not push product and anything besides a natural enhancement. Very nice, smart and will be coming back for sure.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2019

No doubt this young man is the best surgeon. He helped our family even with their questions. Really makes himself available like a concierge doctor and has a very clear passion for his work. He fixed my broken wrist and ensured my scars were invisible.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2019

I saw Dr. Patel after a plastic surgery complication I experienced. Upon meeting I wish I had done more research and gone with someone who wasn’t trying to sell so much. He gave me information and options and made himself available to me even though my complication occurred somewhere else. Grateful to had found him.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2019

My mom has major arthritis and has been in pain for so many years and seen many people. She was referred to Dr. Patel from her rhematologist and I did my research before she went in. Needless to say I was pretty impressed and also skeptical. I went in with her for her appointment and can confirm he had her best interests in mind not going directly to surgery as a option and thinking about her treatment more thoroughly unlike the past. He explained things took time and gave me and her his email so we could follow up. He was quick with that as well. If you want a doctor who not only has the best of the best education and thinks his patients cases through individually go to him. Genuine care and hard working with his quick he is.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2019

Back in October 2018 I nearly severed my finger tip in a work accident. I was taken to the Florida hospital in Orlando and was told by the E.R physician that there was nothing they could do for me and I needed an orthopedic surgeon. After waiting in the E.R for almost 2 hours in agonizing pain the orthopedic surgeon on duty finally came to see me and he also told me that there was nothing he could do for me and that I needed a hand specialist and plastic surgeon.They dressed my wound and sent me home. After being home for a couple of hours the orthopedic surgeon called me and asked if I could come back that same night for an integra surgery (fake skin). I told him i wanted to see the specialist for a 2nd opinion before I made a decision and went to see Dr. Patel the next day. Dr. Patel looked at the wound and immediately told me that the dressing they put on at the hospital was all wrong. They basically packed the wound full of gauze and sent me on my way when it really needed to be a wet dressing. At this moment I realised that the hospital didn't have any idea on how to treat my injury. I told Dr. Patel that they wanted to do the integra procedure and he again informed me that this was not what I needed at all and that he could save my finger by doing a thenar flap surgery where my finger would be sewn to the thenar muscle in the palm of my hand. I had the surgery done a couple of days later but before doing the procedure Dr. Patel had to first remove the gauze that was wrongfully packed into the wound by the Florida hospital. It's been almost 4 months since my first surgery with Dr. Patel and my finger looks amazing. I have full function back and can barely tell that anything happened at all. When I stepped into Dr. Patels office my finger was on the verge of needing amputated at the first knuckle and he saved it when nobody else could and he did it using my own skin. I'm very grateful for his knowledge and understanding of my injury and if not for him I would have been treated in the wrong way. Dr. Patel is the absolute best and I would recommend him to anyone that needs a plastic surgeon with no hesitation.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2019

Dr. Anup Patel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Anup Patel is a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon trained in hand/upper extremity surgery, microsurgery, and plastic and reconstructive surgery. He completed his plastic and reconstructive surgery training at Yale University followed by a hand and microsurgery fellowship at the New York University Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. Dr. Patel received his MD and MBA from the Yale University School of Medicine and Yale University School of Management, respectively. He graduated as the valedictorian of his class at the University of Florida majoring in economics, biochemistry and molecular genetics and valedictorian of his high-school class at Lake Highland. Dr. Patel has served on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons’ Board of Directors and Government Affairs Committee, as well as the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal’s Editorial Board. He is on the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Global Open Journal’s Editorial Board spearheading its operative video instructional series endeavoring to train surgeons worldwide. He serves as reviewer for the Aesthetic Surgery Journal. Dr. Patel has worked in the United States Senate assisting with healthcare finance involving the Medicare Prescription Drug Bill. His academic success including innovative research has garnered numerous accolades and been featured in various media outlets. Recently, NBC’s Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon thanked Dr. David Chiu and Dr. Patel on the show for their help in managing and treating his ring avulsion injury and nerve compression. USA Today and former Governor Jeb Bush recognized Dr. Patel for his academic achievement and volunteer efforts at the University of Florida. He has published extensively in peer-reviewed journals on various topics in surgery including aesthetics, burns, craniofacial, trauma, hand and microsurgery, and peripheral nerve compressions. Of note, he was awarded the Nobel Laureate Joseph E. Murray Award for his research on cost effectiveness of treatment of skin cancers. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Florida and New York. He is affiliated with Orlando Regional Medical Center and is a surgeon with Orlando Hand Surgery Associates and is the founding surgeon at Orlando Plastic Surgery Institute.

• English
  • Gujarati
  • Hindi

• University of Florida (Grad. 2004)
  • Yale University (Grad. 2009)

• Face-lift
  • Skin cancer
  • Breast Lift

• Top Research Award, American Association of Plastic Surgeons, 2015
  • Fellowship for Cleft Surgery, Operation Smile and Stryker International, 2012
  • Betsy Winters Award: Selected by the graduating medical school class for the resident at Yale Hospital who has made the most significant contribution to the education of the class, Yale School of Medicine, 2011
  • Top Prize for Clinical Research, Yale School of Medicine Section for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2011
  • Best Clinical Research Project, Nobel Laureate Joseph E. Murray Award, 2009