Ratings for Dr. Andrew Kaye

An accident and general wear-and-tear cause a major problem at L3/L4 (according to numerous radiological analyses and consultations with other neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons). My sciatic nerve was basically pinched off and dying. I couldn't walk and my right knee was swollen up like a balloon due to two x 16cm thromboses in my lower right leg from lack of activity/motion. An orthopaedic surgeon wanted to operate 'immediately' to relieve the pressure on spinal cord and sciatic nerve. I wanted to get one last opinion and was referred to Andrew Kaye by my GP as "the best". Well he was "the worst" practitioner I'd seen. I couldn't walk so I entered his office clumsily on crutches. The first thing he said, before even speaking to me much less evaluating me, was "throw those things away and start walking properly." I should have walked (limped/hobbled) out but I didn't. Cut a long story short, he said there was nothing he could do for me (after reviewing the CT scans and MRI's). I hobbled out, some $300+ poorer. had the operation (lumbar laminectomy at L3/4) done by an orthopaedic surgeon, and over the next 4 months regained the use of my right leg. It was like being born again. I would not recommend Andrew Kaye in any way. He is an obnoxious, narcissistic person who would rather send a patient away to suffer, both physically and mentally, rather than treat them with respect, compassion, and medical expertise. One star is a couple of stars too many.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr. Andrew Kaye's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients