Dr. Amir Azarpazhooh

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Amir Azarpazhooh

Giving Dr Amir 5 stars doesn’t do him justice. His knowledge and bedside manner is truly phenomenal. I was terrified to get a root canal. As long as Dr Amir is around, I’ll never be afraid again. This is the Endodontist you want to be treated by.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2019

Highly skilled and professional yet very comforting and caring.. During a busy schedule I was treated as if I was his only patient for the day. Post care phone calls was much appreciated. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted January 20, 2019

Dr Azar is a phenomenal endodontist. I was in agony from a botched root canal and he diagnosed the problem and fixed me right up. He continued to check up on me for days before and after the procedure. We need more doctors like him, seriously!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2019

Very professional. Performed a root canal on me. Very high tech, efficient and painless. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Root canal experience was made as easy as a root canal can be. Definitely recommend Dr. Azar.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Very easy root canal session, fantastic chairside manner, he explained every step of the procedure, his staff called me few days after to check again, definietely recommend

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

A family member has a disability and Dr. Azarpazhooh's knowledge and excellent communication skills allow him to treat my family when many others would not. If you need a dental consult I respectfully suggest you have a consultation with Dr. Azarpazhooh as he is very well versed in his profession, and has a very patient centred attitude when it comes to communicating with his patients.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I saw Dr. Azar and he relieved me from pain with empathy. His diagnosis was accurate and he was very comforting.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

I saw this Dr. for a consult. He was extremely rude, confrontational and argumentative. Any time I experienced pain and reacted to it pulling my face away, or jumping (anyone experiencing tooth pain will understand the sharp pain and sensitivity to a tooth) he would abruptly stop working and lecture me about how he cant make a diagnosis unless he does the tests. I am aware you need to do an exam but I cannot control my bodies reaction to pain. He would aggressively challenge me on whether I believed this was unnecessary and if I felt he was hurting me on purpose. He spoke so RUDELY to me that I ended the consult. Not on his ability to preform the task but how argumentative and rude he was. He was abusive in his role and even tried to intimidate me into enduring the painful testing citing his medical achievements, his head of endodontics at Mount Sinai and how he teaches dr's and how can I question him that he himself was cancelling the consult and I could go get a second opinion. I had not received the first opinion at this point. I sat through 4 moments of his lecture when the fifth one happened and he started to be abusive in his role I said we are done here and left the exam room. I am a human being and I deserve to be treated with respect and compassion. You are working on living people not machines.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Dr. Amir Azarpazhooh's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Amir Azarpazhooh (Dr. Azar) is a certified dental specialist in two fields of Root Canal Therapy as well as Dental Public Health. He received his dental degree from Iran in 2001, his specialty training in Canada at the University of Toronto in Dental Public Health (2007) and Endodontics (2010), followed by his PhD (2011). Dr. Azar has great interest in both academic and clinical research. He is an Associate Professor at the University of Toronto, Faculty of Dentistry and Faculty of Medicine. He is also the Head of Endodontics at the Department of Dentistry, Mount Sinai Hospital. Dr. Azar has authored and co-authored over 150 papers and abstracts, 6 book chapters, and has presented at over 50 national and international scientific meetings. A keen practitioner of evidence-based dentistry, Dr. Azar has a passion for collaborative decision making in teaching and in practice. Hence, he approaches patient care with the best interest of the patient in mind. Despite his heavy load of teaching, research and clinical practice, out of the office he enjoys life with his wife, in traveling, cycling, photography, and gardening.

• English