Dr. Amanda Sim

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(55)

"My optometrist sent me to Dr Paul because he has a nationally renowned reputation in su..." Read more

Ratings for Dr. Amanda Sim

As a 53 yr. old female suffering from post concussion syndrome following a MVC, I had been searching for some treatment to help alleviate persistent symptoms of feeling 'in a haze', dizzy, having difficulty reading, having a headache and many more life altering effects. I was referred to Dr. Sim who expertly and compassionately worked with me, communicated with my family doctor, sent me for further testing and suggested vision therapy. After 20 sessions with Matti the vision therapist, I am so happy to say that I have made a lot of progress and many of my symptoms are improving. Matti always is sensitive to how I feel during our sessions and supports me as she encourages me. Dr. Sim is an excellent patient advocate and she provided me with information about concussion and pain clinics at a recent reassessment. Vision therapy is a crucial component of my ongoing concussion recovery.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2019

If you're reading this and are searching for a new optometrist, I highly recommend Dr. Sim and her team at York Mills Eye Clinic. What's best about Dr. Sim is that she is more than willing to spend the time to make sure you understand your exam results (and treatment plan, if need me). Above all, Dr. Sim is knowledgeable, helpful, kind, and punctual. It's clear she deeply cares about her patients and their wellbeing. I no longer live in the city, but I will make the trip back to see Dr. Sim annually.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2019

Knowledgeable and friendly that respect children and there needs

flag | Submitted April 17, 2019

Our son was referred to Dr. Sim because our optometrist (of the same office) noticed a problem during his annual check up and suspected he might require vision therapy (this was new to us, we had never heard of vision therapy before). Dr. Sim assessed our son, she was very professional and knowledgeable. She gave us a good explanation of what vision therapy was, why he needed it and how he would improve with it, she was confident that he would get better, which was reassuring as we didn't know what we were getting into. We trusted Dr. Sim and we enrolled in the vision therapy program right away. The office staff were excellent at working with us to book our appointments so we could get started ASAP. Matti works with Dr. Sim's patients, she was amazing with our 9 year old son. She was very patient, kind and supportive during the therapy appointments. Some days were harder for him and she wouldn't push too hard, if some days were easier she would encourage him to do more. We were given "homework" to do, our son didn't complain about it because he knew something was changing. Not only were his eyes getting better (vision) but physically his co-ordination with his hands, feet and core all improved. We are happy to say that Dr. Sim's vision therapy program worked for our son. She changed his life for the better. We are so thankful and grateful that we are patients at York Mills Eye Clinic, it's an excellent clinic with the best doctors and amazing staff.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2019

Excellent service by Dr Sim and her staff. I didnt think anything was wrong but she found that I had retinal holes and promptly called the on call surgeon to see me, which I think set her behind schedule. The surgeon said she made the right call. Dr Sim called us later that night to check up on us which goes to show how much she cares.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2019

I went to see Dr. Sim as I hadn't had my eyes checked for a couple years. From the beginning the staff was very welcoming and I did not have to wait long to see Dr. Sim. She took her time with me and did a very comprehensive exam and explained what she was doing so I could understand as well! I find eyes fascinating so she even took extra time to show me what she was looking for in the retinal photographs. She takes the time to get to know you and genuinely cares about her patients. I live downtown but I will definitely make the trek up to see her again, and have recommended her to all my friends!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2019

Dr. Sim is very thorough in her eye exams. She explains eye conditions in layman's term so that I can understand. She also took the time to recommend what type of fit and shape of glasses look good on me. I never felt rushed the entire time while trying all their frames they had available in their clinic. She was also very accommodating in helping me order a specific pair of frames I have found that fit my petite face frame when they didn't have it in their clinic. The glasses came in 2 days. I was truly impressed how efficient Dr. Sim and her clinical staff are. Also, not only is Dr. Sim a kind, diligent and fantastic optometrist, she also specializes in vision therapy which she is very compassionate about.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2018

Dr Sim is nice, she doesn't rush the appointment and do take the time to explain and make sure you understand the exam results and the treatment plan.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2018

She is kind, compassionate and listens. Had a great experience

flag | Submitted September 22, 2018

excellent optometrist. diagnosed my issues correctly when other specialists couldn't. will definitely be back.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

Dr. Amanda Sim's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University of Guelph (Grad. 2013)
  • University of Waterloo (Grad. 2017)

• University of Waterloo des Grosseillers Humanitarian Award