Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Alysha Patel

She did my bunion surgery. Very happy. No pain. Running again. Thanks.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Would not recommend this doctor unless you want to be sold bad ordotics

Submitted May 17, 2018

Dr. Alysha Patel's response
Hello, we are sorry to see that you were not satisfied with your service / product. We would encourage you to notify us personally (by phone, in person or by email info@vancouverfootandankle.com) so that we can rectify this for you and ensure your satisfaction. From your ratings it appears you were not happy with our punctuality or our staff either. Please do let us know what your concerns were so that we can address those as well.

Submitted May 21, 2018

My experience with Dr. Patel was super informative and helpful. My first time seeing a podiatrist and I was taken care of very well from the front desk staff to the examining room. Dr Patel was super knowledgeable and friendly! She was able to accurately diagnose my foot problems right away that I have been having for the past few months, everything was explained to me in detail and I already feel so much better. Highly recommend!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

She is an excellent doctor! She is willing to take the time to talk to you and explain everything in terms you would understand. Very knowledgeable about treatment options, both old and new. She also very punctual with her response to any email I send her about concerns I may have, which is a rarity. Would definitely recommend her to my friends and family!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

I concur with the other reviews that Dr. Patel is warm and knowledgeable. She went out of her way to see me on an emergency basis. As I had been suffering with a toe nail infection for a week and had already been to a clinic and emergency, I fully expected her to treat my infection on that day. Instead I was sent to get an x-ray for which I have still not received the results (10 days past) and even though she had personally given her email to contact her over the long weekend, she basically washed her hands of my situation and told me to go to the emergency room...precisely what I had been trying to avoid by going to her. I ended up at VGH where they too did x-rays and found a fracture but still saw the need to remove the nail to release the infection. Not a fun time and something I would have rather had done in the Dr.'s office rather than the hours spent in a not so pleasant emergency room. Even though I attempted to contact her via the email she had given me to see what I should do next, I was ignored and I can only surmise that she only cared about me when I was paying for an appointment. Very disappointing.

Submitted November 23, 2017

Dr. Alysha Patel's response
Hello, I am the Medical Director for Dr. Patel's office. We have spoken previously via e-mail numerous times. The Physicians and team members at our office pride ourselves on providing the highest level of care. The same level of care you received when you visited us. I would like to address your ratings and review below: 1. Dr. Patel did go out of her way to see you. When you called after office hours, Dr. Patel made a trip back to her office to see you as you were referred to her by a collegue. You were not kept waiting upon your arrival to our office, therefore, your 3 point rating for punctuality is inaccurate. 2. You encountered Dr. Patel after hours over a long weekend. She provided you with our clinic's e-mail address to ensure you had our contact information should you have any general questions over the long weekend. She responded to your numerous e-mails as late as after midnight. You were never charged for this access to your physician. When you mentioned you believed your symptoms were worsening, she recommended you present to the Emergency Department. We understand you wanted her to manage you via e-mail, however, doing so is not our clinic's standard of care as it places your health at risk. This was outlined to you on multiple occasions. You are aware Dr. Patel went so far as to reach out to her collegues in Vancouver who may have been available to see you in her absence. You were never charged for any of these services and far from ignored. 3. You began asking for management of other foot problems via e-mail. We are happy to accommodate our patient's general questions, however, the specific medical advice you were seeking is best addressed in a clinical setting after a thorough exam and evaluation. This is to ensure you are receiving the best possible care. You had a procedure performed in the Emergency Room by one doctor and then requested Dr. Patel manage you via e-mail for a procedure someone else did. We manage cases like this all the time, however, it is imperative you are physicially seen by a Practitioner. You were not ignored; there was nothing further we could do over e-mail without physically seeing and examining you. 4. Dr. Patel practices evidence-based medicine. You mentioned you were not treated on the day you saw Dr. Patel. Dr. Patel did treat you - you were prescribed medication, imaging studies were ordered, etc. You made no mention of displeasure with the treatment plan prior to leaving your visit. In fact, you were very pleasant and appreciative of the care you had received during your visit. 5. A preliminary read of your xrays was provided to you the day you had the xrays taken. We cannot provide you with a final read until we receive a report. As you were made aware, we did everything within our power to expedite the results. We strive for excellence and are disappointed to see your misrepresentations. We are still more than happy to speak to you over email, phone or in person at your convenience.

Submitted December 7, 2017

Dr. Patel was exceptional! She was so knowledgeable and gave us great advice to decide on. She was able to send us to get xrays down the street from her office and she wrote instructions that required same day report back. We went to get xrays and the technician located an on site doctor to confirm there were no fractures so we called Dr. Patel's office and they scheduled a late evening appoinment on the same day to perform surgery on our daughter's big toe to remove the infected toe nail. This is the best medical attention one can ever receive from a medical office! We are so happy and our daughter is healing and should be back on the pitch scoring goals in no time! THANK YOU Dr. Patel!!! You are the best!!!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

I took my grandmother to see Dr Patel for chronic foot pain and instability. Dr Patel was so genuine and really made us feel comfortable with my grandmothers treatment plan. She personally reviewed the MRI scan and showed us what was abnormal and very clearly explained how she would treat it, a diagnosis missed by previous doctors. My grandmother is finally able to have a better quality of life. I strongly recommend Dr Patel to all my friends and family. She sincerely cares for her patients and practices evidenced based medicine.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Great doctor! I had severe cramps in my left calf and she was able to give me some great pointers and ways to help relieve my pain. She was the first doctor to follow up with me after my visit regarding my cramps. Would definitely recommend her to all my friends and family :)

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr Patel is very personable, she has excellent knowledge in her field and she is one of the best in BC. She recently moved from New York and still very familiar with all the places who can help you do your ortho. She asked us if we want to get the orthotic done somewhere else, she was more than happy to refer us there..so overall excellent service. I would recommend her to anyone...!:)

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Very helpful and knowledgeable. Understood the issue immediately and found a solution. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Dr. Alysha Patel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Alysha Patel is a highly trained and skilled foot and ankle specialist with experience diagnosing and treating a wide array of foot and ankle conditions. Common foot and ankle problems Dr. Patel manages include bunions, hammertoes, heel pain, flat feet, warts, fungal toenails, foot ulcers and sports injuries. Dr. Patel is dedicated to getting you back on your feet and to a healthier you! Dr. Alysha Patel completed her undergraduate studies in Biology and Psychology at California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, California with magna cum laude. She then received her doctorate from Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine in 2013, graduating on the Dean’s list. Dr. Patel's three year surgical residency was completed with Northwell Health – Long Island Jewish in New York City where she received extensive training in lower extremity trauma, diabetic limb salvage, and reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle. Dr. Patel is credentialed in hyperbaric medicine and has also completed a dermatology and pathology fellowship with Bako Pathology Services. She is currently a professional member of the British Columbia Podiatric Medical Association, the American Podiatric Medicine Association and is board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine. In her spare time, Dr. Patel enjoys spending time with her family. She loves long hikes with her 2 dogs, is an avid tennis player and a new yogi.

• English

• Kent State University (Grad. 2013)

• Broken ankle/broken foot