Dr. Alison McGuire

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Alison McGuire

Wonderful, caring, skilled doctor who goes out of her way to accommodate you and make your treatment as painless as possible. Takes the time to address your concerns. Has excellent staff and a good rapport with them. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Excellent work , Dr McGuire was very gentle and funny during surgery. After 6 months bonedraft and implants are ready for new crown. Great receptionist always helfull. Thank you 🙏🏻 for th surgery

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I had 2 implants 6 months ago. The surgery went well and Alison was funky during surgery, and I am very please of the results. She has gentle hands and she is very helpful. After 6 months, it shoes the great results “ they are ready for new crown”. The receptionist very helpful and nice service. I would recommend it to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I was recommended by another Dr to see Dr Alison McGuire. At first I was a bit nervous and did know what to expect. As she walked in the room with a big smile she made me feel so comfortable and at ease. She was caring kind and honest that's what I was looking for. She was quick and fast got me in the following week. Dr McGuire did an implant and it went well more than my expectations. I had no bleeding no pressure just a slight discomfort for a day which was taken care by the antibiotics. In two days which was Sunday she called me to see how I was feeling? Omg I couldn't believe she was checking on me how I was feeling. I will be going to her for sure again and I definitely recommend everyone to go and see her. Thank you Dr for taking care of me Bless you

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

she is excellent and so professional.she made a nervous situation comfortable and did outstanding work.both procedures went perect,and she followed up with us that evening to ensure i was doing ok.i cannot say enough good things as she is a true professional who excels in this field. thank you again.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I woke up yesterday morning to find my right cheek area had swelled like I had hives. It turned out I had an infection in a tooth that was contained in a bridge. This required urgent and immediate care. At GumDocs, I normally see Dr. Cameron Jones however he was on vacation and was looked after by Dr. McGuire. They took me in without hesitation and was told I would need to have that offending tooth removed. Dr. McGuire demonstrated amazing skill in removing the tooth without having to remove the bridge. The swelling went down the very next day and was prescribed antibiotics to take for 10 days. Dr. McGuire also advised me that day that she also suspected there was another tooth contained within the same bridge where the xrays showed an area of concern. I was back in the following week to have that tooth and bridge removed and again was amazed by Dr.McGuire's skill level. I was offered IV sedation but I typically refuse it and rather just choose to have local freezing done, as was my choice again this time. I probably should have gone IV route but even with just local freezing, I experienced absolutely no pain and just minor discomfort when having the bridge excised and tooth removed. Dr.McGuire called me at home on three different occasions to find out how I was doing, something not normally experienced in the medical professions! This demonstrates that not just Dr. Jones is a highly skilled periodontist but his colleague Dr. McGuire is of equal talent which leads me to believe what a great practice GumDocs and its doctors is/are. And as always is the case, the reception staff and doctor assistants are friendly, courteous and a pleasure to deal with. I would strongly recommend GumDocs to anyone who requires periodontal work or tooth extractions (and also for implants which I have had done there in the past - a totally pain free experience)!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Dr. McGuire and her staff were very professional and friendly. I had no post surgical symptoms (pain, swelling, bruising, or bleeding). I would definitely recommend her to anyone who requires the services of a periodontist. Thank you Dr. McGuire !!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Dr.Mcguire and her staff were great! They were very good at making me feel comfortable and safe.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. MCGuire and Her staff are Great!!I was a bit nervous for The anesthesia and the IV sedation as it was my first sedation and anesthesia.Her and her staff were great at keeping me very calm and comfortable.Thankyou Very much to Dr.Mcquire and her staff for helping me feel comfortable for the surgery.I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I was apprehensive about letting anyone look at my tooth/gum due to a previous experience with another specialist, but Dr. McGuire put my fears to rest with her professionalism and genuine kindness. She was informative, and gave me some options to correct the issue. The staff were very friendly and were able to answer any questions that I had before and after my procedure. Dr. McGuire's assistant Trish was fantastic, very personable and helpful. I really liked that Dr. McGuire called me the day after my procedure to ensure my recovery was going smoothly. Dental surgery is never going to be a walk in the park, but having someone who is knowledgeable, professional, and who genuinely cares about her patients really makes the difference for me. Should I ever have to have another dental procedure, I know that I will be contacting Dr. McGuire because I trust her great skill as a periodontist and really enjoyed her positive attitude. Thank you again for helping me back on the road to positive oral/dental health!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017