Ratings for Dr. Alexis Blanks

At the age of 49, feeling like I was 60 after 10 years of declining health and 3 years of major digestive problems, I saw Dr. Blanks last fall for a consultation. Some blood tests and an analysis of my diet resulted in a diagnosis of Celiac Disease. My physician endorsed the diagnosis and I immediately went gluten free. Since then I have experienced a remarkable 180 degree turn in my health. I have seen Dr. Blanks 3 more times since and every time I come away with more useful information. Dr. Blanks gets my highest endorsement as she truly changed my life for the better.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I honestly wish there were more stars I could give Dr. Blanks. She has been my Naturopath for almost 8 years and even though I've moved from Victoria, I find myself often turning to her in times of acute illness when I'm lucky enough to be back in the city. I was lucky enough to start working with Dr. Blanks when I returned from Guatamala with sever stomach issue that no MD seemed able to help me with. She quickly discovered parasites, bacteria, and a gluten allergy, and before long I was on a path towards health after close to a year of living in fear of my own bodies digestive issues. Since then, I have worked with Dr. Blanks on longer term digestive issues including SIBO and Leaky Gut. She is a touch stone of support when things in the medical system seems to fall short. In times of acute symptoms, Dr. Blanks has often found the underlying issues that other doctors, both Naturopathic and MD, have overlooked. She is always up to date on new research in health and wellness. Dr. Blanks is someone I wholeheartedly trust with my health.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

I cannot recommend Dr. Blanks highly enough. She is caring, knowledgeable, and a good listener, all of which form the foundation of someone in the holistic health profession who you truly want in your corner. She has helped me deal with digestive issues, stress and anxiety, by treating the causes, not just the symptoms. Over the course of our sessions, we've worked as a team, not just to "fix what's wrong" but to work toward optimal health in the long term. With her guidance and support, I am learning not just how to follow a concrete plan that's set out for me but how to help myself, even when I falter. I've gone from feeling stuck to feeling a gentle current of onward progress. I feel safe, hopeful, and encouraged, and I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Blanks' excellent care to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

For a while I was feeling desperate about my digestive issues, not knowing where to turn, particularly because conventional medicine didn't provide any answers for me. The compassion, open-mindedness, knowledge and support from Dr. Alexis has been invaluable and put me at ease as I work with her on my long-term health. My digestion has improved significantly.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Dr. Alexis Blanks is absolutely amazing and I would highly reccomend her! Gastroenterologists were having a hard time diagnosing some issues that I was having so I decided to see a Naturopath for some extra help. Dr. Alexis Blanks took the time and with her expertise and guidance she helped me regain my health. I've never been so thankful!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

My wife and I were both patients of Dr. Blanks when we lived in Victoria. We were very impressed by her knowledge and compassion. She is passionate about the care she provides and is very personable. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Dr. Blanks has helped me so much with her kind, supportive, and knowledgeable healing practices. I have been able to better manage severe period bleeding, improve my digestion, and identify bacterial issues I had no idea to look for! I appreciate the ways in which she has worked my GP, and when I have been unable to make appointments at her office because of my poor health she has been in contact either by calling or email. When she's not sure of something, she investigates or sends me to the right place to get useful information. I am grateful that she is part of my health team because she offers an important set of skills to help me.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Dr. Blanks has been able to find natural and healthy solutions to problems that my conventional doctors have said are: incurable. She is patient and listens well, and is willing to explore several routes to healing if necessary. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Blanks for almost a year. She has helped me identify the foods that were causing my digestive and general health issues, and has supported me in the transition to a new way of eating. She has also supported me in my fertility and prenatal health. She is a compassionate caregiver who listens well and takes into consideration not only the patients physical health, but also their mental well-being. She stays abreast of the latest research. I would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I (and my son) have been seeing Alexis for over two years and am very grateful for having been referred to her. Her demeanor is soothing, nurturing, caring, and fun. She has always offered her advice in an respectful and objective manner. She is tremendously knowledgeable while being open-minded with the many practices of healing, including conventional medicine. She is genuinely interested and will research wherever needed to provide optimal solutions, appropriate care, and even work alongside other practitioners. She has helped me through many a rough patch. I trust her and her remedies which have been top quality and effective for me. I am greatly appreciative for her support. Furthermore, she has been most accommodating with me, where she has been prompt at replying to me by email for continued support. Dr. Blanks is passionate about health and wellness, and I feel we share many of the same views about lifestyle. I plan on keeping her!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Dr. Alexis Blanks's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients