Ratings for Dr. Alexandra Schmidt

Dr. Schmidt is an amazing plastic surgeon. I saw Dr. Schmidt for a lower face and neck lift as well as structural fat grafting. I was immediately impressed by how approachable, skilled, and professional Dr. Schmidt was. During the consultation I knew this was the best plastic surgeon for me. The entire staff at Blue Water Plastic Surgery are top notch and the recovery was quick and remarkably easy. I absolutely love my natural looking result! I look like myself except younger, refreshed, and rejuvenated. I would highly recommend Dr. Schmidt to anyone looking for a top notch plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2019

Beautiful results. Easy experience. Everyone is incredibly professional and organized. This is the most expensive practice in the area and for good reason. Law and Schmidt are like Neiman Marcus surrounded by dollar store docs.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2019

Excellent results. Start to finish was a dream. Her medical team made me feel so safe and comfortable. From the consult to every post-operative appointment I have been made to feel like I am the most special person ever. She really cares. She listens, she is talented and she has the best staff and OR anywhere. I was referred to her partner Michael law from two of my personal physicians. I was surprised to learn he had a female associate who moved from Charlotte. If she has seal of approval, I thought I'd at least try a consultation. I'm so glad I did. I can't imagine a better experience. NO Pain. No nausea and now, no support bras. How about that?!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2019

Dr. Alexandra Schmidt's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Alexandra Schmidt is one of a select few plastic surgeons with advanced aesthetic surgery training endorsed by the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). She performs the full range of aesthetic surgery of the breast, body, and face and has special interest in “mommy makeovers” and breast surgery. Dr. Schmidt graduated with honors from The Johns Hopkins University where she earned both Bachelors and Masters degrees in neuroscience. Her achievements led her to medical school at Vanderbilt University. From there, she was accepted into one of the oldest and most distinguished plastic surgery programs in the country at Washington University in St. Louis where she completed rigorous and comprehensive training in plastic and reconstructive surgery. She was then one of only nineteen residents in the country selected for an ASAPS fellowship, focusing exclusively on aesthetic procedures including innovative techniques in body contouring, facial rejuvenation, and breast surgery under the instruction of Hunstad/Kortesis/Bharti Cosmetic Surgery. Her fellowship mentors are world-renowned for body contouring procedures with large-volume liposuction and give national instructional courses for breast augmentation and lifting. She has co-authored numerous peer-reviewed research articles on improving surgical outcomes and book chapters on plastic surgery techniques and has presented at international conferences. Outside the operating room, Dr. Schmidt loves outdoor pursuits and traveling. Since her early years growing up in Vermont near Dartmouth College, rowing, trail running, hiking, and cross-country skiing have been big parts of her life and she takes any opportunity to get outside city limits. She is a dual US/Swiss citizen and her love for travel and culture grew from visiting family in Switzerland and France from a young age. She speaks fluent French and enjoys finding authentic cultural experiences when she travels. She shares these passions with her husband, a North Carolina native. They live in North Raleigh where they enjoy spending time outdoors with their two young sons and their rescue dogs.

• English
  • French

• Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 2007)
  • Vanderbilt University (Grad. 2012)
  • Washington University Saint Louis (Grad. 2018)

• Mommy Makeover
  • Rhinoplasty
  • Breast reduction surgery
  • Juvederm
  • Botox
  • Gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men)
  • Arm lift