Dr. Alexander Mantas

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Alexander Mantas

Thoroughly enjoyed my entire healthcare experience with Dr. Mantas from A to Z. His staff was attentive and Dr. Mantas was easy to talk to you, caring and knowledgeable. My colonoscopy went great! My family and I thank you!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

I started passing blood in my stool and thought it was just hemorrhoids. My wife urged me to go see Dr. Mantas. He was very nice! I ended up getting a colonoscopy and Dr. Mantas found a large bleeding polyp. He took it out and now I'm feeling great! Glad I saw Dr. Mantas because this polyp would have turned into a cancer soon.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

I had a long history of constipation. I finally saw Dr Mantas by the urging of my friend. He did a thorough work up, found the cause, started treatment and now I am finally much better! Thank you Dr. Mantas.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

My wife saw Dr. Mantas for some heartburn issues and she recommended him for my screening colonoscopy. Really nice guy and the process was easy. I also recommend him!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

My friend recommended Dr. Mantas for my screening colonoscopy. Really nice guy and his facility is great! Will be using him in the future. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

It is with great pleasure that I write this glowing review for Dr. Mantas! He performed my screening colonoscopy and did a superb job! The prep was easy and the center was accommodating! I recommend him to anyone in need of colon cancer screening or digestive care.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

I was having severe heartburn for nearly 5 years despite various treatments. I finally saw Dr. Mantas who did an endoscopy and found that I did not have reflux as the cause of my heartburn but rather something called eosinophilic esophagitis. So glad I found Dr. Mantas! We started treatment and I am feeling great!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

It was time for my screening colonoscopy and a friend recommended Dr. Mantas because of a positive experience. I have to echo the same sentiment! He is such a nice doctor – very caring, knowledgeable and skilled! I will be passing on the recommendation!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Dr. Mantas performed my first screening colonoscopy when I turned 50 last month. He eased my anxiety and made me comfortable. The procedure went smoothly. He found polyps as I expected given my family history and removed them. I am so glad I found Dr. Mantas!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

My husband had a colonoscopy with Dr. Mantas last year and he had a great experience! I naturally chose him for my screening colonoscopy and felt very comfortable with him. I’ll be sure and recommend him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Dr. Alexander Mantas's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Alexander Mantas MD is board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine and is regarded as one of Dallas’ premier Gastroenterologist offering consultation, evaluation and treatment of all gastrointestinal diseases. He is locally educated and trained and began his career in the field of gastroenterology in 2010 with the goal of creating a new approach to gastrointestinal care. He is a member of Digestive Health Associates of Texas (DHAT), one of the largest GI groups in the nation, and a physician at premier hospitals located in the heart of North Dallas. Dr. Mantas is excited to bring you into a state of perfect digestive health by combining the cutting edge of modern science with the gentle art of old fashion medicine. He is a doctor to doctors, a teacher to students and a mentor to those entering the healthcare field. His mission is to improve the digestive well being of everyone in North Texas by providing high-quality, comprehensive, compassionate care in a cost-effective and efficient manner. Please visit mantasMD.com to learn more about Dr. Mantas.

• English
  • Spanish

• Austin College (Grad. 2003)
  • University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (Grad. 2007)

• Resident of the Year
  • Medical Foundation Scholarship
  • Phi Beta Kappa
  • Posey Leadership Institute Award
  • P.S. Wharton Memorial Fellowship in Chemistry
  • Distinguished Alumni Scholarship
  • Cum Laude Society

• "A Single Center Retrospective Comparison of Balloon and Spiral Enteroscopy"
  • “A Single Center Retrospective Review of Double Balloon Enteroscopy”
  • “Kinetic Characterization of Z. mobilis Pyrurvate Decarboxylase”
  • Capsule Endoscopy by Case Study Chapter 3. Capsule Retention
  • BUMC Basics Chapter. 1 Cardiology, Chapter 3. Pulmonary, Chapter 6. Gastroenterology,
  • Effects of metabolic syndrome on de novo neoplasia risk following orthotopic liver transplantation.
  • Typhlitis from Levamisole Induced Neutropenia