Dr. Alexander Mantas's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Alexander Mantas MD is board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine and is regarded as one of Dallas’ premier Gastroenterologist offering consultation, evaluation and treatment of all gastrointestinal diseases. He is locally educated and trained and began his career in the field of gastroenterology in 2010 with the goal of creating a new approach to gastrointestinal care. He is a member of Digestive Health Associates of Texas (DHAT), one of the largest GI groups in the nation, and a physician at premier hospitals located in the heart of North Dallas. Dr. Mantas is excited to bring you into a state of perfect digestive health by combining the cutting edge of modern science with the gentle art of old fashion medicine. He is a doctor to doctors, a teacher to students and a mentor to those entering the healthcare field. His mission is to improve the digestive well being of everyone in North Texas by providing high-quality, comprehensive, compassionate care in a cost-effective and efficient manner. Please visit mantasMD.com to learn more about Dr. Mantas.
- Austin College (Grad. 2003)
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (Grad. 2007)
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
- Resident of the Year
- Medical Foundation Scholarship
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Posey Leadership Institute Award
- P.S. Wharton Memorial Fellowship in Chemistry
- Distinguished Alumni Scholarship
- Cum Laude Society
Publications & Research
- "A Single Center Retrospective Comparison of Balloon and Spiral Enteroscopy"
- “A Single Center Retrospective Review of Double Balloon Enteroscopy”
- “Kinetic Characterization of Z. mobilis Pyrurvate Decarboxylase”
- BUMC Basics Chapter. 1 Cardiology, Chapter 3. Pulmonary, Chapter 6. Gastroenterology,
- Capsule Endoscopy by Case Study Chapter 3. Capsule Retention
- Effects of metabolic syndrome on de novo neoplasia risk following orthotopic liver transplantation.
- Typhlitis from Levamisole Induced Neutropenia
- Kayser-Fleischer Rings of Acute Wilson’s Disease