Ratings for Dr. Alex. Lukubisa

Came as a walk in from out of town. He rushed me out in seconds. Wrote me a prescription for sleeping pills when I was asking for Ativan for my aniexty. Clearly had other things on his mind. Would never rerun !

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

According to Dr. Lukubisa people in Canada are nothing but cry babies that can't handle pain and come crying to doctors. He had the nerve to utter those words in front of my Wife and I. I have placed a formal complaint with the Family College of Physicians Canada regarding the conduct of the doctors and administration staff in this clinic. I WAS a patient of Dr. Lukubisa's for approximately two and a half years. Like many people I went to this clinic after moving to Langdon thinking it was great to have a clinic in our small town. Dr. Lukubisa had me live with severe pain and migraines for years all because he literally had no clue what he was doing when it came to properly helping a chronic pain patient. I had migraines so severe I had to be hospilalzed. For some reason Dr. Lukubisa wouldn't even give me a referral to the Chronic Pain Clinic so I could get help from the doctors that knew what they were doing. He ended up giving me a prescription for 45mg Oxycodone daily. The problem here is that I was previously taking 750mg Codeine daily. If you do the conversion I should have been on at least 75mg Oxycodone daily. The net result was a year of torment and torture. All because he did not know how strong certain pain medications were. I switched doctors as the incompentence of both the doctors and the administration staff couldn't be tolerated any further. The physicians I see now have prescribed me 75mcg Fentanyl patches plus an additional 60MG Oxycodone for breakthrough pain. Yes that's right. Proper pain doctors acknowledged my pain was so bad I needed fentanyl to function. I am not pain free but I am not in severe discomfort allowing me to live my life with some dignity. Do not make the same mistake I did. You will see you are not a patient but a customer. They will call you in for an appointment even for a negative test result simply because they want to get paid more by alberta health care. Or a receptionist that only knows how to say "please hold" when you call in and proceeds to make you wait on hold for 10-15 minutes. The worst part about this. Dr. Lukubisa DID NOT even attempt to call me to make sure I was ok. Patients do not just stop using Oxycodone going cold turkey. It can lead to life threatening seizures. You'd assume a doctor would at least care about that. I guess not.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I've been meaning to write this review for a long time and just haven't had the time. Dr. Lukubisa was the most horrid experience I have ever had with a doctor. He basically made fun of me for my mental illness. Was so rude and inconsiderate!! Basically telling me it was my fault for having a mental illness because of how I live my life. Never will I go back to him.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr. Alex. Lukubisa's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients