Ratings for Dr. Ahmed Khan

Newport Center Medical Group 275 Victoria St Ste 1E Costa Mesa, CA 92627 We were assigned Drs. Ahmed and Munazza Khan when we got a new health insurance in 01/2014. The first bad experience was with Ahmed Khan who was my husband’s doctor. My husband has muscular dystrophy and needed a new authorization to see his neurologist. For that he made an appointment with Dr. Khan and told him during the office visit about the authorization. For the authorization Dr. Khan wrote down a completely wrong diagnosis. The authorization was denied. No matter how many times we contacted Dr. Khan’s office they were not able to get the diagnosis right, which is very simple, muscular dystrophy. It took months and we never got the authorization. Finally the neurologist stepped in himself and helped us get the authorization. This happened from July till November in 2014. Next bad experience was Dr. Munazza Khan who was my doctor. I developed an intense pain in my lower abdomen. Called her office for an urgent appointment on Monday morning. Was told that the next available appointment is in a week, next Monday. I asked if they could see me sooner since I was in a lot of pain. Alma, at the front desk promised to call me back the same day. Never received a call from her. I called a couple of days later, still no sooner appointment. When I finally went in next Monday and got scans my pain turned out to be stage 3 cancer that needed an immediate surgery. I would also like to add that Munazza Khan is very unpleasant at the appointment. She does not listen to the patient, cuts off while the patient talks and her mind seems to be someplace else. I would also like to add that this doctor’s office does not have after hour’s service. You call on the weekend or after closing hours and all they offer you is to call back during the office hours. There is an option for other Drs to reach Dr. Khan though and thru that option I was able to obtain a call from Munazza Khan on a Saturday. When she called me and heard that I was a patient in pain she simply hung up the phone. Our next awful experience was in February 2015. My husband had developed extremely painful hemorrhoids that were not controlled neither by Norco or Percocet which dr. Ahmed Khan prescribed. I personally went into dr. Khan’s office to obtain an order for blood test and a prescription for a different pain medication. Talked to Alma again. I was promised to be called back the same day and I gave them the fax number to fax Labcorp. Naturally Alma did not call me back. When I called 5 minutes before their closing at 5pm Alma informed me that my husband needs to come to see the doctor. When I told her that he has already been there with that problem and he cannot since he is in so much pain and hardly is able to move all Alma said was find a new doctor and hung up at me. There is another receptionist at Drs. Khan’s office besides Alma and they both exercise extreme arrogance. It is hard to understand how such women can even work in health care. But the doctors themselves are not better and I guess they are a perfect match for each other.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015