Ratings for Dr. Adrienne Bacher

At my second appt I brought my mother who has had rheumatoid arthritis for over 20yrs. She once again argued this time that rheumatoid arthritis wasn’t genetic and she said that the plaquenil that my mom has taken for 20yrs that DID help her RA and reduced the swelling was not for rheumatoid arthritis. She never listened to one word I said about my symptoms. When I challenged her about several points she said I was being rude when I hadn’t even raised my voice. She is the one who was rude, dismissive, arrogant and unknowledgeable. She puts everyone in a box and doesn’t look at each individual case as unique. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. I have struggled for 4yrs and have been told by doctors 3yrs ago that I shouldn’t be alive because of all the blood clots I had on the brain. For a year I went to Headwaters Hospital in Orangeville while they diagnosed me with migraine headaches in the meantime I was going blind from the pressure of clots on my optic nerve. I pushed for answers and it’s a good thing or I might not be here today. I think I know my own body better than a doctor they just need to start to take time to listen instead of assuming they know it all. It’s not a business it’s a job looking after human beings.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

By far one of the rudest, dismissive doctors I have ever seen. Did not listen to what I was trying to explain about the pain I was having. I would strongly suggest that she took one look at me, an overweight woman in late 40's, looked over my list of medications, that includes medicine for depression and anxiety and decided that I was barely worth a moment of her time. I feel that she non-verbally diagnosed me as "fat". And that was it. Really wasn't interested in trying to help support me in uncovering what was causing my pain. She looked at my x-rays done at the request of a walk-in clinic doctor and she said they showed, "general arthritic wear and tear" that is normal for my age. I told her that earlier in the spring, I had run a 5 km marathon and was fine. Then I explained that this pain came about in just one day in July and I had been limping and in pain ever since. She acted as though that was arbitrary and did nothing to investigate the possibility of an injury. I practically begged for an MRI which she insisted would prove nothing really. She put me on a prescription anti-inflammatory and that was the end of that. It was literally a 10 min appointment, if that, and I had been really counting on meeting her and getting support and some answers for the pain I was in. In the end, all I felt was that she diagnosed me as being fat and out of shape. General arthritic wear and tear does not all of a sudden, overnight, cause you to go from being able to walk and run to limping for months in pain, out of nowhere. To sum up my impression? Arrogant, privileged, discriminating and dismissive. Appointment was a complete waste of my time.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

The doctor appears professional; BUT GAVE ME A WRONG DIAGNOSIS and put me on treatment! The second opinion specialist who saw my blood works couldnt believe her diagnosis and got me off the treatment! She was shocked! But I strongly believe in God and forgiveness and healing.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

Dr. Adrienne Bacher's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients