Ratings for Dr. Adrian Edgar

The previous reviews stating this doctor is condescending and unhelpful are an understatement. Dr. Edgar is unprofessional to the point that I will likely contact the New Brunswick Human Rights Commission to complain before this doctor leaves someone so emotionally traumatized that they kill themselves. Oh, and the clinic manager, Valerie, is on a power trip.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Really frustrated with Clinic 554. I want to support them because their vision is admirable and they have made a positive impact for some communities in NB like providing abortions and starting some (gender conforming) transgender people on hormones. However, it is difficult to also hear the many stories from Dr. Edgar’s patients not voicing their negative experiences because they don’t want to lose access. Other reviews have talked about a “god complex” which seems to be an issue with him. Even when dealing with trans patients, he seems to need to control how medical transition progresses. Like Everyone has to go at the same rate. Also some people seem to recieve more support from the clinic personally when trying to access surgeries than others. If you fit a certain mold you recieve special treatment and support. He is very critical in a variety of ways and is also uninterested if your medical questions or things you want to discuss don’t fit what he wants to help with. Past a certain point you’re on your own. As others have mentioned, there is usually a dog in the office. It’s friendly but not everyone likes dogs and many are alllergic. A sign noting the dog is present before entering would be a good idea. The clinic also seems to close for long periods of time without letting their patients know ahead of time- which is irresponsible when their specialization means many people wouldn’t be comfortable accessing medical services elsewhere and may need important prescriptions that don’t qualify for “grace refills”. It seems like an unprofessional practice for all of these reasons. While I want to be positive, its hard when the clinic doesn’t seem to be there for everyone in the community and doesn’t seem to care about issues not related to transition and even that stops after hormones start. I feel like I’m treated more like a burden on limited resources than a patient with needs that aren’t being addressed.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I've been to see this doctor a dozen times now over the past two years and have found him to be very professional and knowledgeable. Valerie is great too :)

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I think Dr. Edgar and his staff are very professional and kind. I loved his approach with my daughter and having his dogs there was an added bonus. He has been great with me and has gone out of his way to help me. His staff are wonderful too. He is an excellent doctor with so much to offer Fredericton, NB!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

If you're a transgender person looking for hormones, he cares, but anything else and you'd just as well find another doctor. Won't raise my hormones even though the bloodwork came back as a low level of testosterone because "well you look and sound male, isn't that enough?"

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr. Edgar and his staff are amazing. He is empathetic, knowledgeable and go above and beyond.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

Dr. Edgar put my IUD in this summer and he was fantastic! Walked me through the procedure beforehand, kept me calm throughout and saw me in follow up a month later. His staff was punctual, warm, and welcoming, and Dr. Edgar was thorough, and professional throughout my whole experience. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Dr. Edgar's office is welcoming and calm. As has been mentioned, his dog comes with him to work, which I did not find offensive. The animal is very obviously a therapy animal and is in no way threatening. The staff is polite and gentle. You will be asked to remove your shoes. I found Dr. Edgar himself to be unpleasent and critical. I have seen him three times and I have left feeling hopeless, lost, and ashamed. As a transman, I thought he would be sympathetic to me being confused about my gender, and would provide guidance. He did give me alternative options, (paying out of pocket for surgery, asking my family doctor for T), but was unwilling to help me himself. If you are mentally ill, or seem remotely confused about your gender identity, I do not reccomend going to see Dr. Edgar.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Dr. Edgar is one of the most amazing doctors I have ever had treat me. I was not his patient, but had connections to his practice, but he agreed to see me and treat me for an undiagnosed chronic pain/illness. He was the first doctor to take my pain seriously and not tell me that it was simply all in my head. He came in on his day off one Saturday to conduct an ultrasound for me, as that was the only day that I was free. Upon realizing that I needed an internal ultrasound he not only asked my permission (this is literally the first time any doctor has ever asked my permission to insert their fingers/objects inside of me, and unfortunately it was also the last, as I have not been so lucky with other doctors that I've seen), but talked me through the entire process, and really made me feel comfortable. He has consistently advocated for me, and tried his hardest to figured out what was wrong with me, while other doctors were dismissing me and my symptoms. I honestly cannot say enough good things about Dr. Edgar and his staff, this is by far one of the best clinics/practices in NB.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

What a coincidence that the first post appears just when Dr. Edgar is pursuing legal action against Air Canada. The timing is amazing. I've known Dr. Edgar for many years, he's nothing but empathetic, kind and highly effective.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Adrian Edgar's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients