Ratings for Dr. Adrian Edgar

As someone else wrote, this doctor does like to bully patients. His treatment of me was traumatic and has left me with a fear of disclosing anything to doctors. Do not challenge him or come in with any ideas of your own, because 'he went to medical school', hence you know nothing. And in case you are wondering whether you can find a way to work with, check out this event. A person who doesn't know when or how to dial down an argument over snacks when a flight attendant is threatening to reroute the plane to have you removed is not a person I'd want treating me. I question his intelligence, ethics, and emotional stability. http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/n-b-man-removed-from-air-canada-flight-speaks-out-1.3494089

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr. Edgar is one of the most amazing doctors I have ever had treat me. I was not his patient, but had connections to his practice, but he agreed to see me and treat me for an undiagnosed chronic pain/illness. He was the first doctor to take my pain seriously and not tell me that it was simply all in my head. He came in on his day off one Saturday to conduct an ultrasound for me, as that was the only day that I was free. Upon realizing that I needed an internal ultrasound he not only asked my permission (this is literally the first time any doctor has ever asked my permission to insert their fingers/objects inside of me, and unfortunately it was also the last, as I have not been so lucky with other doctors that I've seen), but talked me through the entire process, and really made me feel comfortable. He has consistently advocated for me, and tried his hardest to figured out what was wrong with me, while other doctors were dismissing me and my symptoms. I honestly cannot say enough good things about Dr. Edgar and his staff, this is by far one of the best clinics/practices in NB.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

What a coincidence that the first post appears just when Dr. Edgar is pursuing legal action against Air Canada. The timing is amazing. I've known Dr. Edgar for many years, he's nothing but empathetic, kind and highly effective.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I've had to switch GPs because this doctor felt like a bully to me. He's given out incorrect information to me several times (which pharmacists have corrected), once being something quite drastic (if the pharmacist didn't tell me the conflicting information it could have made me sick). He has a "god complex'. He makes you feel that you are beneath him, and that you don't know anything. He is confrontational, and argumentative. He has refused prescriptions (which were later given to me by my new doctor). My new doctor just rolled his eyes at the information (or better, the misinformation) Dr. Edgar had given to me. My friend who is a GP in another province was astounded when I told him of Dr. Edgar's bedside manner (or lack thereof). BEWARE if you are ALLERGIC or have a FEAR of DOGS: Dr. Edgar brings his dogs to work. They are big and one of them in particular smells bad. I am afraid of big dogs and I even had one of his pets seem like he was going to bite me because it sensed my nervousness (the dog didn't but I felt like if the receptionist didn't grab it, the dog would have). I have even seen one of his dogs come out of the examining room once when I arrived (this seems very unsanitary!!). Because it is difficult to get a doctor in New Brunwick, and because you have to put yourself on the doctor's list again (unsure of who you'd get), I'd always try to give him a fresh start. After many times of leaving his office angry, upset, or even in tears, I just had to switch doctors (and I'm very glad I called 8-11 and did it!). His practice takes marginalized members of society first, however; that is exactly how he made me feel. I would NOT recommend him to anyone with a fear or allergies to dogs, who is sensitive, or dislikes confrontation, and being talked down upon.

Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Adrian Edgar's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients