Ratings for Dr. Adena Scheer

Dr. Scheer performed lumpectomy on July 26, 2017. She is a very skilled surgeon with a great craftsmanship and excellent communication skills who spends time in walking her patients through the whole procedure in a very pleasant manner. She is very knowledgeable and informed about the recent cancer trials and research. She has the best bedside manners which changed my scary journey into a pleasant experience. I would highly recommend her if you have to chose your surgeon in St. Michaels. Thanks Dr. Scheer - Varinder

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

She is excellent. I just love her. She is knowledgeable n has the best bedside manner. She did lumpectomy for me. My husband n I really appreciate her support n guidance.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr. Scheer removed my gallbladder 4 weeks ago. This was my first surgery ever. What I was most impressed with was her skill and planning. She first saw me in february and was not quick to cut which I appreciated. In June it needed to come out she slotted me in very quickly, explained the process and most importantly had a plan B. In the event she could not 100% confidently make the incision using the laparoscopic equipment she would be pre paired to open me up right there and do it manually. Knowing this gave me so much confidence in her. Little things added to this like she always knew my name each time I met with her she didn't have to refer to a chart. She was kind enough to hold my hand while I fell asleep in the OR which meant the world to me and she told me about her experience when she had her gallbladder. She also has a great sense of humour to put you at ease. . My incisions are super small and healed very quickly within two weeks. I am not off to enjoy my summer feeling great thanks to Dr. Scheer. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr Scheer was knowledgeable, courteous, sensitive and took the time to explain things every step of the way both before and after my wife's surgical procedure. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending her to anyone who is looking for a caring professional.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

My procedure was a lipo fill to return breast volume after several surgeries. Dr. Scheer explained everything in detail and was available for question prior. Her bedside manner was exceptional. I am still recovering from surgery but so far everything looks good and there were no complications. I highly recommend Dr. Scheer.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Just a few weeks ago I was diagnosed with DCIS, which means I had precancerous cells in my left breast. I never thought that day would come, and needless to say, I was very scared! It was my family doctor who referred me to Dr. Scheer at St. Michael's Hospital. I hold Dr. Scheer and ALL the staff at St. Michael's Hospital in the highest regard when it comes to professionalism, compassion and just overall Dr. Scheer's strong ability to make you feel at ease during this very difficult and challenging time in my life. I was very lucky to have been referred to Dr. Scheer and would highly recommend her to anyone who has to go through what I had to endure. I will be forever grateful to her and all the other staff at St. Michael's that helped me through this very scary and difficult time in my life. YOU ARE THE BEST, Adena! Thank you for everything!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Dr Adena Scheer is an "angel" disguised as a top notch breast surgeon. I am so very grateful my doctor sent me to her.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

The best,my experience and results are truly amazing.thank you for making me feel confident again

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

I am truly grateful for Dr. Adena Scheer, her surgical team and all of the staff at the Breast Centre at St. Michael's Hospital. I met with Dr. Scheer over four occasions in the span of five months for screening, surgery and follow-up care. In my experience, she is one of the most compassionate, caring , professional, and knowledgable doctor/surgeons I've ever encountered. She always took the time to answer all of my questions, and seeing her always made me feel less anxious because she has a calming and reassuring effect. She also took the time to meet with my family and answer any questions they had prior to performing my lumpectomy this past January, which they truly appreciated! I remember being in the operating room, and joking with her surgical team because everyone made me feel safe and cared for...I knew I was in excellent hands. And finally, what I appreciate the most about Dr. Scheer is her lovely sense of humour and her big heart. My incisions are healing very well and I've had no complications. I highly recommend Dr. Scheer as a surgeon and oncologist a million times over!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

She is the best. Takes time and does not rush you. The best care!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Dr. Adena Scheer's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients