Ratings for Aaron Low

I was very worried when I had read some of the negative reviews which I subsequently learned were completely unfounded. Aaron in a word is awesome. I have struggled for over 3 years with my voice. I noticed an improvement after going to him and follow up appointments. Katina, the office manger is always on top of appointments, great with email and sends reminders.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

Aaron is a tremendously skilled therapist. In my experience (many appointments over the course of several years) he is punctual, conscientious, and committed to his patients. A typical appointment consists of about a half hour of consultation: doing voice assessments, talking about your current vocal health status, strategizing, assigning and teaching vocal exercises, and so on. The second half hour is dedicated to circumlaryngeal manipulation (basically, he massages the muscles around your larynx, pulling them out of painful tension patterns and restoring proper vocal function). I am a professional musician, and many of the professional musicians I know, including touring rock musicians and famous Canadian opera singers, rely on Aaron's knowledge and judgement to succeed in our careers, often after debilitating injuries. He isn't cheap, and the price of admission is a valid concern for anyone who considers his services. But he and Dr. Osborn are uncommonly good. If I had to recommend any vocal therapist to someone I love, I'd recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Aaron was nothing but professional with me and after asking me about throat issues I was having, went right to massaging my throat and working to fix the issue. It was easy to tell that he knew what he was doing with his hand movements, and he gave very informative explanations of the process, while performing the throat massage as well. No complaints at all, and I'm very surprised to read the below comment. They are describing pretty much the complete opposite of what I experienced.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Dr Aaron Low is a scammer and a thief. He charges $170 per hour which works out to about $3 per minute, and he WASTES as much of your appointment time as he possibly can talking about completely useless garbage. The first appointment is the only time he actually earns your money: he spends the hour quizzing you on what your speech problems are, and has you make some vocal recordings into his microphone. Everything appointment after that is a complete ripoff. In my following appointment he spent a total of 15 minutes giving me some vocal coaching. The other 45 minutes I sat there listening while he talked about useless garbage. He talked about a conference he went to, he talked about food, and he talked about how much better he is than other speech pathologists and how he "would only need weeks to fix my problems whereas other doctors would take months to accomplish the same goal". He dragged his speech on until the end of the hour, then billed me $170. I repeat, that's a bill of $170 for 15 minutes of work and 45 minutes of wasting my time. In the next appointment, He didn't go through any vocal exercises with me and I didn't get ANY practice or coaching whatsoever. It began with a 30 minute long talk about absolutely NOTHING HELPFUL, followed by a 5 minute long muscle massage, followed by another 25 minutes of him rambling on about random topics or stroking his ego. In the next appointment, I received a grand total of 10 minutes of coaching and he spent the other 50 minutes talking garbage like usual, because he knows he's getting paid $3 per minute and he wants to maximize his profit by ensuring that I need to book more appointments. When I expressed my dissatisfaction with my progress, he promised to remeasure my voice patterns and do a more aggressive massage on the next appointment. When the next appointment came, there was no reassessment, no voice coaching, and no practice drills. He talked about garbage for 30 minutes, did a very light 5 minute massage, and then spent the last 25 minutes talking useless fluff all while periodically glancing over at the clock. This stupid thief doctor STOLE my money and wasted my time. He's billing $170 an hour for what truthfully never amounts to anything more than 15 minutes of actual speech therapy services. I left this idiot and will be searching for a new speech therapist - one that is honest enough to actually DO HIS JOB. Also, his appointment start times are usually late because he cares more about browsing Facebook than he cares about you.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Aaron Low's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients