Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Eduard Bercovici

Dr. Bercovici is an excellent neurologist. A good listener, attentive, and engaged. Five stars for sure!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

I have no words to describe his kindness, patience and knowledge. He never rushed my husband answering to all our questions proving amazing suggestions and not the least giving us hopes. Just want to say a big thank you Dr Bercovici.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2018

Hi Dr. Bercovici can u pls recommend a good specialist for neuromuscular disorder/diseases and not from Toronto General Hospital he was no help at all did no testing did basic tests that a nerve conductor does in a regular office. Pls need help thank u.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

Hello Dr. Bercovici, I am writing you with regards to my dad. Over the past couple of years he has been treated for Hepatic Encephalopathy caused by Liver Cirrhosis as this was his diagnosis. He has been on a steady decline to the point that the symptoms (hand tremors, confusion, trouble speaking, loss of balance/motor coordination) are constant and more pronounced. It was just yesterday that a liver specialist expressed that she believes this diagnosis is not correct and that my dad needs to see a neurologist immediately. This, I am on the hunt for a neurologist that comes highly recommended and can save my dad. I see that your ratings are excellent. I wonder if there is any way you would make the time to examine him and his case. The liver specialist is ready to send in the referral asap. I look forward to hearing from you. Warm Regards, Gina

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

Dear Dr.Bercovici, I am an adult and in April I started with waking up to the room spinning.I am a very active mom who did go to the the gym,yoga and is very active with my kids.Then by the beginning of May I was spinning all day, nausea, I can not be in a crowded room or if there is a lot of movement I feel unsturdy and disoriented. I don’t have much balance, I walk like I am drunk, I have to watch the stairs if I am climbing the stairs or going down. The Cert Medicine is not working. The ENT doesn’t know and is sending me to Sunnybrook for further testing. I have now developed back of the head and neck pain and pressure all the time. I haven’t worked since May 3rd and really need help.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2018

Dear Dr Bercovici, I am an adult who has suffered 3 generalized seizures. After having a real hard time getting hold of your secretary , my GP is told that I am being referred to a 'first seizure' clinic, which we have not heard form yet. I am very concerned about this situation . Could you please help? Thank you.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

Dr. Eduard Bercovici's response
Good evening prospective patient. can you please clarify which site you called (I work at two places). Often patients who present with first time seizure (or even several in one evening) are referred to first seizure clinic to expedite their workup as my wait list may be long. If you prefer I see you please call the office and clarify this so I can get the message and we can try to put you on cancellation list.

Submitted September 12, 2018

Dr Bercovici, My doctor has referred me to you following several tonic clonic seizures. I was wondering if you could advise me on the wait time to see you? If the wait is too long, would another neurologist in the clinic be able to see me sooner? Thank you!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

Dr. Eduard Bercovici's response
Dear prospective patient. Depending on where you have been referred. At the hospital there are a few of us who have quite a lengthy wait list. in my own office (at sherway) the wait list is shorter but can still be a few months. we often take cancellations and no shows so we would be happy to put you on cancellation list. please have your GP send referral printed from my website.

Submitted September 12, 2018

Dear Dr.Bercovici, I broke my arm two years ago, and when I was assessed by staff in Markham Stouffville Hospital they told me that I broke my ligament. I was referred to specialists in St.Micheals hospital but they bent my arm in an incorrect manner and made it worse. I have been wearing a straight brace and a mobile brace, alternating, but my swelling appears off and on. The doctors who have assessed me have said that it is a matter concerning my nerves, as I have a history of a spinal chord surgery back in 2010. I would really appreciate getting your opinion as well because no other neurologists are available and I need help as soon as possible as the situation continues to get worse. Thank you

flag | Submitted August 26, 2018

Dr. Eduard Bercovici's response
good evening and I'm sorry for late response. I would be happy to help but if you have nerve injury you may need a test called EMG/NCS which I do not do. I think it may be easier to be sent to a neuromuscular specialist if it concerns your nerves. thank you

Submitted September 12, 2018

Hi Doctor, My sister is visiting me from over seas. She has fredrick ataxia. She is 34 years old. I would like to know if you can visit us for consultation. Thank you

flag | Submitted August 19, 2018

Dr. Eduard Bercovici's response
good evening and thank you. we have a process for international patients. please call the office (at sherway) and this can be explained. unfortunately we cannot do travel visas but if you know the dates/months the patient is coming we can try to figure out if we are able to see her.

Submitted September 12, 2018

Excellent receptionist/nurse when I phoned to inquire about an appointment. She was friendly and helpful, answered my questions eloquently and didn’t make me feel like I was bothering her (which sometimes happens when calling a clinic/office). I am looking forward to meeting with DrBercovici at my appointment.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2018

Dr. Eduard Bercovici's response
Good evening thank you kindly for the encouraging words. when you meet me please let me know which office that is you had a good interaction with and I can pass on these words to the appropriate admin assistant.

Dr. Eduard Bercovici's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Please visit Southern Ontario Epilepsy Clinic website for details: http://www.seizuredoc.com

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2008)

• Epilepsy