Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Eduard Bercovici

Dr. Bercovici is an excellent neurologist. A good listener, attentive, and engaged. Five stars for sure!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

Dr. Eduard Bercovici's response
thank you very much for such wonderful comments. I hope your positivity will allow other people to see what we can offer in our clinic

Submitted November 4, 2018

I have only kind words to say about Dr.Bercovici in terms of his compassion and dedication to his patients. Rather than treating an area that he does not specialize in e.g. trigeminal neuralgia, he takes the time to help refer the patient to someone who has more expertise in that area. THANK YOU Doctor for referring my 82 year-old mother to Headache Clinic at Toronto Western Hospital, as well as researching alternative clinically-based treatment options. You are a wonderful physician.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2019

Hi, I was wondering if you have any knowledge regarding a disease called pots and it's relation to epilepsy- is this something you could diagnose or treat in a patient with epilepsy? Thanks for your help!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2019

My son is 36 year of age. He is complaining of a ringing in his brain, since he has a mishap with certain meds, due to a pharmacist mistake in dispensing dosage..This is what he said a day ago: "I'm still in bed. I feel awful today. This ringing in my brain. It's louder." Kindly let me know if you can help him. Thank you

flag | Submitted January 8, 2019

Hi My son is 23 years old and has episodes of deja vu that started when he was 21. They used to last around 20 seconds but now last around 3 minutes. After wards he feels faint, headache and nauseous. He is conscious during episodes but a month ago he fainted once. He saw a neurologist last year and mri was done. All tests were normal. Since the frequency and intensity of episodes is increasing, we need a second opinion. We do not know if this is migraine related or epilepsy. Please direct us in the right direction. Please let us know if you can help us. He does not want to be on meds unless he needs to be. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2019

Dr. Eduard Bercovici's response
Good evening. You are right its not clear if these are seizures or not. I think we need to see him at our clinic. Please make sure we get his latest EEG / MRI. Please see our referral on www.seizuredoc.com. Also please note we are in the process of moving!

Submitted January 8, 2019

Dr. Bercovici is an amazing neurologist. He is a great advocate for his patients and ensures the resources/care they need are arranged in a timely manner. There were times I called him on behalf of my dad to report an update to his seizures (i.e., falling and hurting himself), and Dr. Bercovici would always directly return my call within a few days. I am glad we have him as part of his care team. I also see below he directly responds to these comments - I don't know any other physician who does this, but it is amazing! He really does have a calling for medicine.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2018

Dr. Eduard Bercovici's response
Good evening. Thank you kindly for the heartfelt words. It is truly appreciated to know tat we are able to help him. We want to continue to strive to improve so please let us know if we can do better!

Submitted January 8, 2019

Hi Dr. I live in Ottawa. I have horrible migraines, that were 1x month now I have 5-10x month. I'm desperate, I have tried meds and food elimination but nothing works. I would travel to see you if it meant you can help me. Can you give me any hope?

flag | Submitted December 15, 2018

Dr. Eduard Bercovici's response
Dear patient please know you should not lose hope. As an epilepsy specialist migraines are not my main forte but I would be happy to help if possible. Please see my website and have your doctor send a referral.

Submitted January 8, 2019

Hi Dr. Bercovici. Do you treat Trigeminal Neurolgia? I am desperate to find a Dr. That has that knowledge or the ability to treat it.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2018

Dr. Eduard Bercovici's response
Good evening. Sorry for the delay in response. Trigeminal neuralgia is not always easy to treat and often requires multiple options. I do not specialize it in myslef. There are specialized trigeminal neuralgia clinics. Would be happy to see you in clinic and review what has been tried if that can possible help you

Submitted January 8, 2019

Hi Dr. Eduardo Bercovici, can you please explain in depth how a lack of sleep can link to causing “complex partial seizure”? Which type of medicine would you say maybe the best prescription for complex partial seizures for young 30 year old. She doesn’t get too many seizures. How does the medicine help reduce or stop seizures? Is it better to do an MRI and do a surgery, because this patient has taken various medications and she doesn’t feel it has helped her much. Thank you very much.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2018

Dr. Eduard Bercovici's response
Good evening. You are asking a great question and I dont think I have enough space to answer your question. Lack of sleep can be associated with different seizures / epilepsy from focal or generalized. In terms of medications this is challenging as there is no perfect medication. When i prescribe i dont think of whats best now but also what can help in future if someone is wishing to get pregnant etc. I think this is something that we should meet up for an appointment and discuss. Please see my website (www.seizuredoc.com) for referral. Please note we are moving in a couple of months.

Dr Bercovici, I wonder if you treat patients with Cervical Dystonia

flag | Submitted December 3, 2018

Dr. Eduard Bercovici's response
Good evening. Thank you for your question. Specifically for cervical dystonia I do not treat since this may require specific things (such as Botox) which I do not do. Please call my office and i can try to direct you to the person who may be best for you

Dr. Eduard Bercovici's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Please visit Southern Ontario Epilepsy Clinic website for details: http://www.seizuredoc.com

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2008)

• Epilepsy