Ratings for Dr. Robert Carruthers

I feel very lucky to have Dr Carruthers and the UBC MS Clinic to help me through my MS journey! I have a couple of things going on which made diagnosis more difficult, but I feel that Dr Carruthers takes time with his patients and truly cares. I normally hate to go to doctor appointments but feel completely relaxed and at ease when visiting Dr Carruthers and the MS Clinic. It's such a reassuring and nice feeling to know I'm being looked after and in the best of hands. I also never feel rushed and especially like that Dr Carruthers lets his patients have a say in treatment plans and different options. It isn't always easy to find an amazing specialist, so I am extremely thankful.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Very caring and knowledgeable. Never makes me feel rushed. My MS symptoms are invisible ones and I'm never made to feel like he doubts me about them (which I have experienced from other doctors). I believe he really does care about his patients.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

My previous neurologist that I had for 20+ years retired and Dr. Carruthers took over my care. He is very professional and knowledgeable. He understands my symptoms and takes the time to listen and to explain information; I never feel rushed. He goes above and beyond to make sure all the bases are covered. He is supportive and helpful with my condition and very caring, kind and understanding... He is like a breath of fresh air in a very fast-paced world we live in now. I would highly recommend Dr. Carruthers and am very pleased and grateful to have him as my MS specialist.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

Misdiagnosed my seizures and failed to medicate me until I had a major seizure and almost died. I was then re-referred to another neuro who has then saved my life.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

Dr. Carruthers is a very caring, polite and intelligent neurologist. He is very knowledgeable about MS. He always makes me feel relaxed and comfortable at each visit. No matter how busy he is, I appreciate that he always takes the time to listen patiently and I never feel rushed. Great personality and an awesome doctor!!!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NgNjlh3mvI -- showed up late (i was 1st appt) , berated, mocked , ridiculed, threatened and left me to die.. because hes A COWARD

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

A kind, knowledgeable, caring and informative neurologist. He has helped my husband tremendously and spent time informing him about MS and the treatments. Very accessible to him as well. Top notch man.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr Carruthers is a very knowledgeable young neurologist. As an ms patient I learned more info from him that past Dr's haven't mentioned.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2015

Kind and caring, young and energetic. Very knowledgable about MS and related illnesses.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015