Bryan Kuhlman

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
1 review

Ratings for Bryan Kuhlman

I had severe low back pain and left leg weakness due to multiple levels of bulging discs and herniations. I could not sit for more than a few minutes, walk for more than 50 feet, and could not do my job. I was on short term disability for close to 4 months. My MD recommended me to have surgery, which I refused to have. I had therapy in two different places, then a faculty professor at Oakland University recommended me to see Bryan Kuhlman. Bryan is an Oakland graduate and OMPT certified. He took his time and explained the process of healing. He focused on mobilization to improve individual spinal segment mobility without aggravating the herniated/bulged discs. In every visit, he spent a great deal of his time mobilizing and manipulating my spine. Then after my back motion improved he instructed me in specific functional exercises that were tailored to me. His hard work and effort paid off and now I can walk for more than half an hour, I can sit for more than a couple hours and I am back to work full time. I feel so fortunate to have had Bryan as my therapist and I am so glad that I didn't choose the surgery option. I was also very satisfied with the support I received from the PT aids, especially Drake. THANKS to BRYAN and HIS STAFF!!!!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Bryan Kuhlman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Education: DScPT, Oakland University Candidate DPT, Oakland University OMPT, Oakland University (Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy) MPT, Oakland University BS in Health Science, Oakland University Membership: • American Physical Therapy Association since 2001 • Michigan Physical Therapy Association • APTA Sections: Orthopedic and Sports Professional Involvement: Bryan is a part-time Professor in the Physical Therapy Program, School of Health Sciences at Oakland University. He teaches the ‘Examination and Evaluation I’ and has been a teaching assistant in ‘Foundations of Musculoskeletal Diagnosis and Interventions’, Advanced Musculoskeletal Diagnosis and Interventions, Arthrology and the Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy (OMPT) Program. His research interests include implementation of manual therapy for the spine, headaches, the hip, and complex cases. Experience: Bryan has received the Professional Recognition, Manual Therapy and Research Excellence awards from the Oakland University Physical Therapy Program. He observed surgical and rehabilitation procedures performed on top athletes with leading doctors. He has worked with the Detroit Red Wings. He has volunteered his time for Common Ground (individuals in crisis and victims of crime), veterans, Hope Water Project, and elementary running program at Delta Kelly. He investigates symptoms to devise specific manual training and functional rehabilitation programs for each patient.

Delta Dental