Ratings for Dr. Jack Edelman

Hi, I have seen this specialist twice and so far he has been rude and dismissive. He ignored the pathology report in my blood work saying it was generated by a computer, I called the pathology department who told me it was written by a doctor. With this specialist I am deteriorating and feeling more desperate. Sadly I have to drive 200kms to see him. The only option I can see it to find another specialist, more money and more travel. Ultimately I find Dr Edelman unprepared and bored, he shouts at me when I question him and tells me that he has 30 years experience and I'm an idiot. I am traumatised, disappointed and poorer for seeing him. Please find another specialist if you are looking for good quality care.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

A friend of mine just went and saw this specialist and he basically dismissed her as having nothing wrong and to get back to her normal duties! She has pins & needles in her legs and arms and this is his prescribed course of action? I think this Dr needs to find a new field in which to ignite a passion that has clearly gone.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

An extremely good Doctor with a mountain of knowledge and experience which makes him extremely help with extremely effective treatment.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

I am writing this review for my mum as she is not the type to leave reviews, and I usually only leave reviews when I am very impressed with the service, however I feel the need to write my first negative review because I wanted to let other patients know about the terrible care she received. My mum was recently referred to see Dr Edelman in Bunbury, who diagnosed her with rheumatoid arthritis, which was a relief at first as we finally knew what was causing all her pain. Dr Edelman prescribed her chemotherapy drugs which have been proven to be a good treatment option, however he showed no care or empathy, not once did he ask what other drugs she was taking, nor did he give advice about counselling services (which we found out yesterday, he should have advised her about when taking such drugs) and gave her little information about the treatment and course of action. When my mum visited her GP, she advised her that my mum make an earlier appointment to see Dr Edelman due to new blood test results. When she called Dr Edelman, the receptionist was exceptionally rude and proceeded to say that there is no need to make an appointment (despite the GPs advice). My mother insisted, however, the receptionist still refused to make an appointment and settled on promising a return call after she had spoken to Dr Edelman. That was two weeks ago and still no word. Safe to say, she is definitely finding a new rheumatologist!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Dr. Jack Edelman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Healthnet