Ratings for Dr. Jack Edelman

While I have found Dr Edleman to be quite nice with me the receptionist is extremely rude, unhelpful and terrible to deal with. I thought I had missed my appointment in early August as I only go once a year. When I rang I was told there was no way to tell if I had missed one or had one coming up as she would have to go through her whole diary, Diary really in 2017. Then when I attend today on the newly booked appointment today I am told I missed an appointment on the 22nd, interestingly this was after I called, she read this off her computer. Just to finally finish this terrible experience off I get billed an initial consultation for a five minute chat and a script. When I called back to check this I was told well you have not seen him in over a year so that's that. Rude and terrible service and I will never return there again. Thoroughly disgusted.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

I have seen Dr Edelman a number of times now. His personality may not suit everyone, but he diagnosed me with a condition, when my GP had basically said there was nothing wrong because my bloods were normal. He has been sympathetic to my condition and my trying to continue working full time, and assisted with prescribing various medications including drugs not normally prescribed for my condition, to assist in achieving the best outcome we can. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dismissive. Arrogant. Ignorant of current key research into my condition that I wanted to discuss. No bedside manner, no compassion, did not listen. Waste of time and money.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Condescending, unhelpful, uncaring and abrupt. This attitude reflected in office staff. Didn't add to what my GP had already told me, will definitely get a new referral to a different specialist.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Excellent doctor full of knowledge and experience. Save life of my wife.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Hi, I have seen this specialist twice and so far he has been rude and dismissive. He ignored the pathology report in my blood work saying it was generated by a computer, I called the pathology department who told me it was written by a doctor. With this specialist I am deteriorating and feeling more desperate. Sadly I have to drive 200kms to see him. The only option I can see it to find another specialist, more money and more travel. Ultimately I find Dr Edelman unprepared and bored, he shouts at me when I question him and tells me that he has 30 years experience and I'm an idiot. I am traumatised, disappointed and poorer for seeing him. Please find another specialist if you are looking for good quality care.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

A friend of mine just went and saw this specialist and he basically dismissed her as having nothing wrong and to get back to her normal duties! She has pins & needles in her legs and arms and this is his prescribed course of action? I think this Dr needs to find a new field in which to ignite a passion that has clearly gone.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

An extremely good Doctor with a mountain of knowledge and experience which makes him extremely help with extremely effective treatment.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

I am writing this review for my mum as she is not the type to leave reviews, and I usually only leave reviews when I am very impressed with the service, however I feel the need to write my first negative review because I wanted to let other patients know about the terrible care she received. My mum was recently referred to see Dr Edelman in Bunbury, who diagnosed her with rheumatoid arthritis, which was a relief at first as we finally knew what was causing all her pain. Dr Edelman prescribed her chemotherapy drugs which have been proven to be a good treatment option, however he showed no care or empathy, not once did he ask what other drugs she was taking, nor did he give advice about counselling services (which we found out yesterday, he should have advised her about when taking such drugs) and gave her little information about the treatment and course of action. When my mum visited her GP, she advised her that my mum make an earlier appointment to see Dr Edelman due to new blood test results. When she called Dr Edelman, the receptionist was exceptionally rude and proceeded to say that there is no need to make an appointment (despite the GPs advice). My mother insisted, however, the receptionist still refused to make an appointment and settled on promising a return call after she had spoken to Dr Edelman. That was two weeks ago and still no word. Safe to say, she is definitely finding a new rheumatologist!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Dr. Jack Edelman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients