Ashley Knutson's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Ashley Knutson is a board certified nurse practitioner in family medicine. She provides primary care services for acute and chronic illnesses, with emphasis on preventive health and education. Ashley completed her training in family medicine and women's health at Columbia University Medical Center. Being fluent in Spanish, she has focused on primary care services in Washington Heights, Harlem, and the Dominican Republic. Ashley has worked closely with underserved populations, including patients with chronic pain, substance abuse, and mental health disorders. In addition to clinical work, she has contributed to important health care research on high quality care, tailored to the patients' individual needs. Ashley hopes to empower and partner with all her patients in meeting their personal health care goals.
- Columbia University New York (Grad. 2015)
- University of California San Diego (Grad. 2011)
Areas of Expertise
- Type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol
- Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
Awards & Recognitions
- Community Health : Cultural Sensitivity
Publications & Research
- Social networks in health care teams: evidence from the United States.
- A pencil rescues impaired performance on a visual discrimination task in patients with medial temporal lobe lesions.
- Visual discrimination performance, memory, and medial temporal lobe function.
- Nurse Practitioner Role, Independent Practice, and Teamwork in Primary Care