Ratings for Dr. Geoff Sinton

If I don't schedule an appt first thing in the morning I sit there for hours. I have had problems with pain and also suffer from anxiety and depression. I have been prescribed pill after pill and have had to refuse now. He has given me so much he has even said there is nothing left to try! So I am just supposed to suffer I guess. I don't feel like he's listening to the problems. I have cancer and other diseases that run in my family and have been having pain that I fear could be caused by these but he just want to give me this and that rather than send me to a specialist to make sure things are ok. When I refused to take the last thing prescribed and told him to send me to a specialist he refused to send me unless I took the prescription first. I don't trust him and that makes it hard to have to go there. But what else am I supposed to do I guess??? Seriously frustrating!!!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

He is my grandmothers doctor and it is clear that he has a bad case of agism. He has refused to take her blood pressure (though she has recently had a heart attack and her blood pressure is very important) and he actually has said to her 'You're 90 something how long do you want to live?' She is in pain, and he constantly tells her there is nothing wrong with her. It got so bad that she will not want to go back to him and would rather go to the walk-in clinic and wait. If I have any recommendation it would be to find another doctor!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

Was very thorough and understanding. Thank goodness we still have doctors that love their jobs.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Complete joke. Trys giving meds that have nothing to do with your problem. Too lazy or doesnt care enough to diagnose properly he has a bad rep in b.c and people of niagara will eventully catch on. #1 worst doctor.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr Sinton is my family doctor. I have now been violently ill for a year and they have done nothing to relieve any symptom or pain. I have resorted to the hospital because I would rather wait 45 minutes there than at a doctors office where 1) the doctor is not there 2) the replacement doctor is non existent and 3) uneducated on symptom identification. As a nurse I am not impressed. I've had staff call me and yell at me for asking about getting a referral. Terrible.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

I love having Dr. Sinton as my family MD. He's the most intelligent, helpful, kind, and effective doctor I've ever had. If you go into his office expecting a doctor that will pander to you, you're going to have issues, because that isn't his job, nor should you expect it to be. But in my experience, he listens to what I have to say, and really seems to care about his patients. I love his sense of humour, and his staff is just wonderful. All around, I could not be happier or more confident in my choice of doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Physician-patient interactions I have had with Dr. Sinton have left me with an overall sense of cynicism regarding medical practice. His superiority complex exceeds anything I have ever encountered in the past. He refuses to listen to the patient's experience of the illness. This repeated "He is not a pill pusher" is a crock because he does NOTHING. He looks at you with a blank stare, rarely examines you and then belittles the problem or gives some platitude like "things just take time.." and you are out the door in five minutes. NEXT.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Sinton since he started at the thorold medical clinic. I've never had a problem. The staff there is AMAZING. Mary was a nurse present for my birth so I'm very comfortable with her & she is the most amazing nurse and person. You'll never feel uncomfortable there. I'm never kept waiting long & they're great about scheduling appointments on short notice for my son and I. I LOVE everyone there

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I have had the "pleasure" of having Dr. Sinton as my GP for over ten years. I basically stay with him because I can't find another GP in Niagara Falls who takes new patients, and you need a GP. I like to call him Jekyll & Hyde. If I have the chance to see him first thing in he morning, I find he's got better bedside manner. Not great, but good. But %80 of the time, he sucks! To those who say he isn't a pill pusher, are you SERIOUS?! He's tried to prescribe me all sorts of meds for issues he's still refused to have me checked for. I have suffered from hypothyroidism for decades, but he won't treat it, because my "levels are normal". Just a five minute google search will tell any lay person that the usual tests are not thorough enough. And after my levels jumped a few points during my last blood work, all of a sudden I'd have to be on medication for the rest of my life. I once went to him with a badly hurt wrist that would not heal, he grabbed my wrist, palpated it a bit, and announced "it's not broken, you don't need an Xray", I later developed a painful ganglion from the injury, and X-rays from another Dr in a walk-in clinic showed a hairline fracture that had not healed properly. And don't get me started on his staff! They somehow managed to mess up my personal information MULTIPLE times, calling a totally different number than mine to tell me the doctor was not going to be there for my appointment, and gave me heck when I showed up. You'd think they'd have apologized for their foible when I discovered they'd dialed a wrong number, but no, they put it on me. I've tried to get my files from him, which he agreed to give me for a fee, but his staff has continued to give me the runnaround and have not given them to me. Like I said, I'm actively looking for a new GP, but Niagara Falls seems to have a shortage of those... I should add, I can't disagree with any doctor who refuses to treat people who refuse to quit smoking. It's not a disease, you weren't born with a cigarette in your mouth, and if you can't care enough about your body not to pollute it, why should any doctor?

Submitted December 24, 2014

Too every one that think's Dr. Sinton is not a great doctor.. If you think he does not do his job or respect you or him being rude then go find another Doctor. I been with him now for 4 year's if not longer and i must say he is the best doctor ever, he helped me through everything and helped my parent's, he is not a pill pusher which is awesome. So if you hate him so much move on to something better. Awsome doctor and staff ...keep up the great work!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2011