Ratings for Dr. John R. Sealy

Physician preferred to prescribe medications, before having me see therapist for opinion to confirm disorder. I saw physician for over a year and became dependent on prescribed Ativan and had serious negative mental and physical reaction to prescribed SSRI. Physician didn't not realize SSRI was making my condition worse and got upset when I sought a second opinion or questioned his treatment suggestions. Side effects listed on medication were those I experienced. Very expensive, very concerned about ending sessions on time and regularly runs late when starting appointments. If you do see him, please seek a second opinion or find another physician if you don't see positive results after a few months. Really wish I did.I had to complete an uncomfortable intensive inpatient detox program to come off medications. I am not trying to overcome mental side effects from having taken unnecessary medications for so long.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2014

Dr. John R. Sealy's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)