Dr. Kira D. Stein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kira D. Stein

I have been going to Dr Stein for 10 years. Being a nurse, I am cautious about placing my trust in a random doctor. Dr Stein understands how long term depression can deteriorate a persons ability to function. She is a genius in her knowledge of the action of medications. For years I used my internist for help with chronic depression and realized he "tried" drugs to see what worked without the pharmacological knowledge necessary for treating anxiety and depression. I have never felt that she questioned my "feelings" as being real, which is very important to me in trusting a psychiatrist. My biggest fear: what I would do without her?

flag | Submitted September 30, 2012

Dr. Stein and her staff have changed my life. She hung in with me through some pretty dark days, and has always been available when I needed her. Together, we found the right combo of medicine and nutritional supplements to bring me back to normal.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2012

Excellent doctor, passionate about her field and very thorough in her approach. Office run efficiently and cordially. Unique TMS treatment option was highly effective in recoverying from depressive episode.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Dr Stein is very knowledgeable and understanding. She uses a traditional as well as integrative approach.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

Dr. Stein is the rare psychiatrist who will listen to your concerns and help you find the right treatment for you.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Kira is incredibly smart, kind and intuitive. She is also immensely practical. This combination creates easy trust and clear communication from the outset. Ask her anything. She'll give you an answer, and tell you why. I have always been treated with optimism and personal respect. Working with her, I feel like a "normal" person with problems, instead of a "wreck" who's been triaged into treatment to survive. I feel "understood," and I feel we have a tangible "plan" to address the lifetime of pain from my anxiety, depression and family trauma. In short, very knowledgeable, very kind, very practical... and easy to open up to.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Dr. Kira D. Stein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I am a psychiatrist and have been a medical doctor for two decades. I partner with my patients to help them reach and maintain mental health and balance. I chose psychiatry as my medical specialty because I thoroughly enjoy both the science of medicine and the application of psychotherapy - both effective tools that can be used independently or in combination to achieve emotional wellness. I am also interested in supplements (such as omega-3 fatty acids, certain herbs, vitamins and minerals), relaxation techniques and exercise approaches to mental wellness, and also provide consultations for non-invasive, non-drug treatment for depression. I have not provided TMS for a number of years and refer appropriate TMS candidates to larger centers

• Univ Of Rochester Sch Of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 14642 (Grad. 1997)

• Psychopharmacology
  • Psychotherapy
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Panic attacks and panic disorder
  • Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Insomnia
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Mental illness
  • Women's Mental Health
  • Perimenopause
  • Menopause
  • Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
  • Postpartum depression
  • Atypical depression
  • Persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia)
  • Complicated grief
  • Phobias
  • Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)

Lumenos