Ratings for Dr. Jerry K.L. Tan

Inconsiderate doctor and staff. Doesn't honour appointment time if he discovers it is no longer convenient for him, and if there aren't enough patients to be seen (i.e. $$) for it to be worth his time to be there. It doesn't matter if it's inconvenient for you. They do not care and obviously the bottom line is money.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I had him back in 2010 regarding a gigantic bump on my bottom lip that was like the size of a pea. I don't remember the experience much, but I do recall him and the staff being polite. As for the actual procedure, I know he didn't remove my bump properly because for the past 7 years I've been living with a (much smaller, yet still noticeable) bump on my lip. It wasn't removed completely, and it's been something that I've been very insecure about for a long time. I was thinking maybe he was just afraid to remove it completely since I was really young at the time but after reading the reviews on here, I am beginning to feel like he really just didn't do a good job. Have finally had enough of this bump, and I'm finally going to see a different dermatologist to get it completely removed so my lip can look like normal again. Thought I'd leave a review saying that although I don't remember the actual experience much, he didn't completely remove the bump that he was supposed to remove, which left my bottom lip looking bad.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

I tried this doctor in 2 different cosmetic procedure ,the first time went for lip filler and told him want it to be normal not too much to put in wich it turned out normal and nice ,but for how much they sell u world and show u picture of people they done something ,u think that it will turned out like what they show u ,I tried under eye filler ,big big mistake they don't look natural the dark circles under my eye even showed up even more darker than before ,his staff told me might be tendall effect , I did dissolve the product with another doctor because I don't trust him touching my face ,they should show u pictures of procedures that he has done not randome Dr ,don't believe what they say they want u just to pay ,his staff was ok but not his consultant .

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

I have so much positive to say about Dr. Tan and his staff. His nurses Julianna (I hope I spelled correct) and Kayla have been so kind and compassionate. Everyone there has been so friendly and helpful. Dr. Tan is very thorough and caring. He removed my Melanoma and continues to thoroughly check and remove any suspicious moles. I couldn't ask for a better place to go.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Didn't like that doctor ,as far as i know that doctors are payed to see patients for up to 15 minutes ,that was not what i got with this Dr less than 5 minutes . Last year i went to his cosmetic office his consultant was advising that i need 2 full syringes of filler ,went and made another consultation with a doctor not a consultant and told me that 1 syringe is ALL what i need and 2 will be too much ,don't know what she was thinking ,advising double the ammount needed.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

It's amazing just how ignorant and self-entitled the average person is. Do any of you know how many Derms there are south of London? I'll tell you: 3. Between Lasalle, Windsor, Tecumseh, Amherstburg, Chatham and Belle River ALONE there are over 434,000 people. Based on recent statistics, one in 5 people will get skin cancer, and 1 in 10 will see a dermatologist for other reasons which means that there is roughly,1 in 13 people in WINDSOR ONTARIO ALONE will visit a dermatologist. The comments on this page are filled with hate and egocentrism. Dr Tan and his staff have been nothing short of wonderful. Low wait time to be seen when visiting the office, great disposition by his staff and a warm atmosphere overall. Less ignorance and more awareness will make a much better world. Thank you Dr Tan and staff!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Worst doctor and staff ever ,u won't understand what i am and other people saying until you try his service ,but too bad if you want to change doctor u have another 4 to 5 monthes wait ,but if you are in for cosmetic he will fit u in quickly .

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I was referred to dr Tan by a friend and must admit that I was skeptical because of the reviews, but you have to think to yourself...people in this profession in this small town must be great at what they do because he's been in business for a while. The staff: such a warm group of women! The secon I walked into the office I felt welcomed. They complimented my hair and my smile and made me forget I was there because of something hidden that has drowned me in self consciousness from the past few years. They were all so sincere and genuine! While I waited for my appointment they happily engaged in conversation with me. The nurses: great bedside manner and very warm and receptive. Listened to my concerns closely and anything else I had to say. Dr Tan: so very pleasant! I've had 4 or 5 appointments in total. The first appointment I was told I needed a biopsy, which made me SO nervous because I knew there was a needle involved and I, like many, HATE needles. My second appointment included the biopsy. Before I could admit that needles made me nervous he sensed it so he immediately engaged me and tried to distract me with light conversation with a lot of laughter in between. the other appoinemts after have been just as pleasant. Thank you dr Tan and staff. You've restored my healthy image with more than just medicine, but also with all of your kindness. JC

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

worse doctor ever ,don't waste your time ,no idea what is happening to the doctors thos days they see us as money more than a patient ,less than 5 minutes checkup .

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

My family doctor sent me to this doctor for a cyst i waited 5 monthes for that appointment ,the doctor took him couple minutes said do not worry its nothing no biopsy no nothing asked him if he can check the cyst again in few monthes he refused need another referral to see me again ,saw his cosmetic office i was asking few things about cosmetic and said that i can see him next week ,weird too busy for ohip coverage and has free time for cosmetic procedure ,i changed my mind because it looks like he loves money more than he love his work ,not going there anymore ,i would ask my doctor to send me to more proffesional doctor .

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017