Ratings for Dr. Renuka Prasad

Dr Prasad is always late for his appointments at least 1 hour +. He left the country and did not leave another doctor in charge of refills emergencies etc. I had to go without my antipsychotic for over four days, I ended up phoning my family doctor, almost manic, and pleading with him to fill my script until Prasad came back from India. Also I have requested another psychiatrist for a second opinion to Dr Prasad himself who has told me five times that he will refer me to a female that is excellent however nothing has come of it.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Still waiting for him to come into his office to see me. 20 minutes after appointment time, it's always like this and medical arts building parking is so expensive I've already had to go and plug in another $2

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

Dr. Prasad is a terrible doctor. I would avoid him at all costs. He over prescribes medication and he asked me inappropriate questions regarding my sexual activities. I felt uncomfortable so I switched doctors and never went back. This was after seeing him for a year. He doesn't listen well and I don't know how he is practicing.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

How do you prescribe a drug, said person has a massive reaction to it, pharmacy flags it, yet you prescribe the exact same drug a year later?? After numerous calls from myself and the pharmacy, including faxes he hasn't responded to authorize a change for the meds, terrible Doctor!!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

If you suffer with a mental illness that requires care and attention....he is not right for you. I suffered a temporary bout of both anxiety and depression....the depression is under control, the anxiety is not. I had 1 appointment with him...the next scheduled appointment, his office cancelled....we rebooked.....the rebooked appointment was also cancelled by his office....we rebooked for the end of the next business day.....his office called and asked if I would mind coming down an hour early...I did.....after waiting for 1.5 hours....I asked how much longer....no idea as there were still 3 people ahead of me....I rebooked and left saying my anxiety was too bad to wait....the day of the rebooked appointment came up...his office called less than 2 hours before and cancelled....they offered an appointment over a month away....I complained....was told I could come on Saturday as he had to catch up from being off.....showed up for my scheduled time and there were 5 people waiting...I asked the person at the front desk if they were all booked for the same time as me?....his answer was vague. I asked how long I might have to wait? There were 3 ahead of me......could be another hour or so........I left and asked that my file be sent back to my gp. It is unlikely that it is just me that has experienced this poor care consistently.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

Very busy office, i see why he is so busy he is the best doctor He always fits me in when and is caring. His receptionist has been there for years and I just love her. Sometimes I go to appointments early just to chat with her. Very funny and caring. Don't know what i would do without them.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Very busy! I found him to be knowledgable about medications and took the time to listen to my concerns.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

He is consistently 90 minutes late for his appointments and gives my client mere lip service to her issues. Either through neglect, incompetence, or shear could care less, he did not transfer my client's file to her new psychiatrist resulting in severe side effects that may result in permanent damage. He over-books his clients then spends between 2-5 minutes ranting to the client, not giving the client a chance to express themselves. Then he scouts them out of his office - next.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Do not work for this doctor. They constantly hire new afternoon/evening receptionists. They don't pay well and treat you like garbage.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

Epic fail…This man is in the wrong field, in no way should he allowed to care for other human beings. He rushed our group electro shock therapy barely stopping to glance at our charts to see if any special considerations needed to be made so he could caught a flight out of town. Normally - he rushes because he doesn’t seem to believe in the operation, or the thought of sending live voltage through someone else’s brain doesn’t imbue him with a sense of concern for another’s well being.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011