Ratings for Dr. L. KATHLEEN Posey

I was a patient of Dr. Posey. I came in for a regular exam, and she looked like she had just rolled out of bed, a total slob. Her hair wasn't combed, no makeup (she needed some), her clothes were wrinkled, and she had a nasty attitude. I have fibromyalgia and have more discomfort with the exam than other patients. She was so rough with me during the vaginal exam that I was near tears. She actually said to me in an angry tone, "Haven't you had S*x before?" Yes, I am small, but she as a gynecologist should know how to maintain a professional attitude and be able to examine all patients, regardless of size. I left and cried for about an hour after the "exam" which felt more like an assault. I pray this woman no longer practices medicine.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Waited over an hour in the waiting room to see Dr. Posey. I drove from New Orleans to be seen by her upon a recommendation that she specializes in treating vaginal pain. Once seen by her, she immediately said I probably had chlamydia (I didn't, I had already had a battery of tests including that one from my other Dr) and suggested that my husband was cheating on me and had infected me. After telling her my husband was not sleeping around, she pressed the issue, asking if he traveled frequently and if I trusted him. She then examined me forcefully and painfully and said that I "needed to have a baby to loosen this thing up." She did nothing for my actual issue, which was then successfully treated by another physician in New Orleans. I left Dr. Posey's office in more physical pain and in tears. I actually reported her to the state board but they told me they couldn't do anything because it was my word against hers. Horrible doctor and person. Do NOT go to Dr. Posey.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

What is the point of making an appointment if it's going to take an hour before they call you back? Unfriendly staff, Doctor is even more unfriendly. Would never recommend. I'm actually sitting in the waiting room right now. Dr. Posey just asked the receptionist if there's anyone waiting. To which the receptionist nodded towards me and said "that girl." Never again.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

She's very rude and disrespectful. I would not recommend Dr. Posey to anyone.

Submitted August 10, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Posey since 1998. After Katrina I was about 6 weeks past the date I normally see her. We managed to get back for a few days before Thanksgiving and I had an appointment with her. We left Thanksgiving day to go back to Virginia and the following Monday morning, Dr. Posey herself called me to say that I had to find a breast surgeon. Through her contacts in Arlington, she found a surgeon. Two days before Christmas in 2005, I had breast surgery in Arlington, VA to remove 4 tumors. I was very lucky and I don't believe that too many doctors would have taken that much time for one patient. I still see her today and I am 71 years old.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

I chose Dr. Posey because she is not only board-certified, she is a fellow in the American College of Ob & Gyn. This means she is smarter than your average doctor. To me, this is a much more important attribute than being "warm and fuzzy." In my experience with her, she has been professional and has taken the time to answer my questions. In fact, she even took the time to give my partner some medical advice for something totally unrelated to me, when she found out my partner didn't have insurance or the money to see a doctor at the time. I think Dr. Posey is an excellent physician. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a smart, thorough professional.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Knows her hormones ! I also had the O shot for stress incontinence and it worked great. I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

When I read some of these negative comments.I had to write. Dr. Posey may not be warm and fussy. But people she deals with whiny woman all day.For God sakes!I can barely handle myself once a month. She saved my life. Sternly insisting I get a colonoscopy. Not wanting to return to her office without getting it done.i had a precancerous polyp. The dr. Told my sister when I was out of surgery" your sister saved her life by getting it removed".I would of Never had that embarrassing procedure done, if dr. Posey was warm and fussy.i had no symptoms. I own and run 2 companies I dont allow anyone to talk to me sternly except dr. Posey, because I know if I don't listen to her I wouldn't feel as well as I do. So ladies be my guest go somewhere else less time for me to wait in the lobby.. I didn't even mention the fact that she is a person who might have her own health problems or issues. Geezz give her a brake. she is smart and accurate trusting & caring .

flag | Submitted October 26, 2013

I'm over 50 and have been looking for a hormone expert. Dr. Posey was sympathetic and extremely knowedgable. Not only did she fix my hormone issues, but also corrected my sexual dysfunction and stress incontinunce with one procedure. Amazing!!! I've told all my friends to see her as soon as possible.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

Went to see Dr. Posey for Bioidentical hormones. Was very easy getting an appointment. Dr. Posey listened to my complaints and started me on new treatment that helped with all my hormonal symptoms. Would advise any woman with hormome problems to go see Dr Posey;

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Dr. L. KATHLEEN Posey's Credentials

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1978)