Ratings for Dr. Morris B. Seymour

He said he could fix my back with surgery and basically destroyed my life. Left me unable to walk without severe limp and bladder and bowel incontinence and both buttocks numb. Has a tendency to lie on medical records. A real turkey - avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

Dr. Seymour is a fabulous surgeon. He is dedicated to his patients and medical practice. He spends time in the exam room with his patients and answers given questions in detail. He is friendly, honest, and respectful. Dr. Seymour follows the doctors' medical oath to help their patients. When you are desperately in need of medical knowledge and surgery, you can trust Dr. Seymour. He is accurate in his diagnosises, provides excellent care, surgery, and follows up with his patients after surgery. I think very highly of Dr. Seymour. I can not say enough positive things about Dr. Seymour, his staff, and his medical skills in the operating room. Dr.Seymour is wonderful and I recommend him. Beth Calhoun Redman

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

A great doctor with class...very knowledgeable and is an awesome surgeon...Highly recommend Dr. Seymour!!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

I was told by Dr. Seymour that I needed surgery upon my first meeting with him. I asked why don't I have any other options and was told no. He performed my cervical fusion and placed a plate and screws in my spine. I never got any relief from pain after the surgery. I went back 7 months later and he tried to tell me it was my shoulder and wanted me to see a shoulder doctor. I had an MRI and CT showing that one of the screws had gone through the bone and a fragment broke off. I also had bone spurs and the nerve root exposed. the fusion hadn't was not successful. He then said he would do another surgery to repair it or I could just live with the pain. Needless to say, I chose to find a new surgeon. He left me worse off than I was prior to the surgery.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2013

Dr Seymour did a bone fusion in my neck 14 months ago. I still hurt as if I hadn't had the surgery. 7 months later I tell him, had me to a MRI, he said everything is fine. Went to Birmingham yesterday had a myleogram/ CT. My Doctor told me that it never fused! Plus I had 2mm of movement where it was supposed to be fused I kept telling Dr Seymour, but he was very pompous and said that just comes with old age... What?? So glad I went to another doctor in Birmingham that cares enough to be through. I'm having surgery this Wed to fix what Dr Seymour was suppose to do. Do not use this doctor, you are herded in and here'd out of the office. And after surgery, they don't wont anything else to do with you. I've been living with this pain for so long, because I trusted Dr Seymour knew what he was talking about. Never Again.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

This doctor said that my husband had a very healthy back. We could help but to laugh because we have already visited 4 other surgeons, 2 of which would not even consider to do surgery because of the severity of his injury.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

NIce guy, smart, explains things so I could understand. Highly recommend. Very conservative in his approach to surgery

flag | Submitted August 5, 2012

Did not care for this doctor. He told me I needed surgery on my back when I told him I wanted to try another route his answer was you will be back in 3 yr begging me to do surgery, in the meantime lose weight. Been lots longer, haven't had the knife yet and I might beg someone but it will not be him.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

I think he did a great job on my back surgery! He doesn't "sugar coat" anything; he is straight forward and honest in his assessments. He may come across as arrogant, but I think it's just his personality! He is easy to talk to and will explain everything in "laymans" terms". I will use him in the future if needed.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2011

Very good surgeon! Pretty straight forward; explains everything well. I agree with the poster that said he was confident! He is, and that can be perceived as arrogance but oh well. He did a great job on me. I would use him again!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2010

Dr. Morris B. Seymour's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)