Ratings for Dr. Ekkehard Bonatz

Dr. Bonatz is a very good doctor who explains procedures very throughly. He is a very intelligent and humble man.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Great new facility with competent staff. Dr Bonatz knows his field and makes you feel well taken care off. His assistant and therapists are particularly helpful for many questions I had!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

gave me a local anesthetic he knew I was allergic to. My hand has not healed in the 4 months after surgery. My "follow up doctor" visit was actually an attempt to get my elbow worked on even though my hand was not healed.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

New office technology, in-house physical therapy and hand therapy. Had an MRI scan right there.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr Bonatz is without a doubt the rudest dr I have ever met. He seemed more concerned in teaching his intern than spending time with me and explaining the procedure. He asked if an intern could "shadow" which was explained to me was to observe. However, I received a bill from this dr also. My surgery was on a day that his office was closed for the next 2 days. He wrote me a prescription for Lortab which they did not make anymore. "This is what we always write" was their comment. We went to 5 pharmacies that told us they had replaced Lortab with Norco which had less acetomenophine. So I had to endure intense pain for 2 days with nothing but Advil until his office reopened. I went through 3 or 4 physical therapy appts before they sent me to get an ultrasound to see if the surgery was successful. The dr that did the ultrasound said she could not find what Dr Bonatz had requested she look for. After the ultrasound, he still had me going to physical therapy knowing the surgery did not take. It was obvious to me and the dr that reviewed the ultrasound that the surgery did not take. I consulted another dr and he agreed. The surgery was a complete failure. After having to have a second surgery, I was informed of what it was that Dr Bonatz had done wrong during the procedure. So it made me wonder if he let the intern do the surgery. He used up all of my physical therapy that my insurance would allow for a year so I had to pay out of pocket for all of the physical therapy after my second surgery. Also, he has no concern for your pain whatsoever. He acts like you are a pill seeking drug addict. Very insulting. I wish I could post a picture of my arm so you could see that anyone would have been in excruciating pain. He is the rudest, uncaring, incompetent dr I've ever had to deal with. During physical therapy I had the opportunity to speak with several of his patients and ALL of them agreed with his horrible attitude and the fact that he could care less about your pain. When I returned for my third appt he had the nerve to tell me I was a "hot mess". Well, after waiting over an hour in the waiting room and another 30 in the exam room, freezing cold (which caused the pain to be even worse) being called a "hot mess" to my face was unprofessional and very rude. I wouldn't take my dog to Dr Bonatz. If you want a great dr that has a wonderful, caring attitude that is genuine, do yourself a favor and go see Dr Sherrill. He fixed my botched surgery and his physical therapy staff was awesome. This dr needs to have his license re-examined. If this helps just one person, I will be satisfied. To the rest of you that are going to him, good luck. You're sure going to need it.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Great contemporary professional environment and care!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

The staff was great. The doctor was knowledgeable but does not seem to care about patient comfort. It was embarrassing to me to be treated like I was seeking drugs when needing help with my pain after surgery. Although I trust my surgery was performed with great skill, the days following were incredibly difficult.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

overall excellent. affable, pays attention, answers questions, explains well. great staff. except for right before surgery, little to no waiting for him or staff. definitely recommend so far (hand surgery was only 2 days ago, but all seems well).

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

Apparently not concerned about patient comfort or pain. One injection in my wrist supposedly "may require a couple of Advil later today" but caused excruciating pain within 10 minutes of leaving the office. The MRI was like being water-boarded; a painful 45 minute experience in a small machine that required that I have both arms extended above my head with no movement of my arms or wrist (area being imaged). With a bad shoulder this was painful. After a surgery, an injection, MRI, bone-scan and multiple visits, he ended up not being able to solve the problem I was having so he referred me to another specialist (Rhumatoid) where I will have to wait four months. He would not prescribe any sort of medication for pain relief. He is a poor communicator. I would never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

Dr. Bonatz was affable, very knowledgable and of good humor. I have had several surgeries in multiple places, Dr. Bonatz first effort was an arthoscopic procedure on my elbow. I was amazed at how soon after the surgery the discomfort was gone. I was able to comfortably move my arm within 2 days and had full range motion within 2 weeks. I think the quickness of return to normal function is the sign of a skilled surgeon and the results of my surgery with Dr. Bonatz clearly show his skill.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

Dr. Ekkehard Bonatz's Credentials

• Med Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany (Grad. 1982)