Ratings for Dr. Laurance F. Johnson

This review is for psychiatrist L Johnson in Pasadena. I was his patient for several years as a young woman, from ages 13 to 21. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD TO THIS DOCTOR. He is extremely inappropriate with patients, as he was with me. He should lose his license. Has no business being a psychiatrist. His treatment of me was psychological/emotional abuse, and at times bordered on verbal sexual harassment. Most of this occurred when I was under the age of 18.. My parents were unaware, as I was normally left alone with Dr. Johnson. Johnson himself told me, during my sessions, about how parents were angrily admonishing him for his weird behavior around their children. After several years, a prominent Los Angeles psychiatrist learned of Dr. Johnson’s treatment of me. This other doctor encouraged Dr. Johnson to refer me to a better therapist. Dr. Johnson is a horror of a human being.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Horrible, avoid at all costs. My son saw this man over 10 years ago. It was like my child was being slowly poisoned. With every single appointment he was worse. One of my son's extremely helpful teachers was concerned and met with my son and I. That's when my son told us about the garbage Dr. Johnson had been talking to him. I was livid. But I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. I confronted Dr. Johnson, giving him the chance to explain or apologize. I kid you not, he sat there and scowled at me. Looked at me as if he wanted me out of his office. His rates were sky-high, which we didn't mind paying if he had helped my son. I consider him an expensive mistake,and lesson learned. After that I only took my child to providers who came with a recommendation. I don't understand why people like Johnson become doctors. There must be some way that people like him can be filtered out from a profession where they can do so much harm.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr Johnson has been extremely helpful with my son for many years. He is good with troubled boys and likes to kid around with them. He is not afraid to make referrals for residential treatment when needed. He is careful not to over prescribe. We have used several child psychiatrists with our troubled son and he is among the best of the lot for teenage and older boys in my opinion. He is extremely patient but does not take any bull. He has been in practice a long time and is very experienced. I am an MD myself and so am well qualified to comment.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Dr. Laurance F. Johnson's Credentials

• Duke Univ Sch Of Med, Durham Nc 27710 (Grad. 1968)

Providence