Ratings for Dr. Joseph L. Chan

This is the doctor who told my parents to give up on me and just let me get a "white card" (a disability card for mental illness) and continue to take Abilify (@ 5mg per day) in order to "keep me from having hallucinations." During this period, I had changes to my body language, including me continuous twitching my leg. Dr. Joe Chan said to my parents that "It's simply a bad habit." The side effects of Abilify: http://bipolar.about.com/cs/sfx/a/sfx_abilify.htm "Less Common Abilify Side Effects: Blurred vision; coughing; fever; runny or stuffy nose; sneezing; TREMOR. The meeting place was set in his household during which there is no conversation between Dr. Chan and I. During these sessions, Dr. Chan mostly conversed with my father and ignored me (the "patient".) Each time, he prescribed a minuscule dose of Abilify, which coincidentally was the same dosage on the coupon he conveniently provided. YOU HAVE NOW BEEN WARNED. NOT TO SEE THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

As of September 22, 2010 the Medical Board of California is seeking to revoke Dr. Chan's license for the numerous instances of negligence, incompetence, poor record keeping and false billing. Go the California Medical Board website and select "enforcement documents" on the homepage. Then enter his name and it will take you right to the documents.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2010

Dr. Joseph L. Chan's Credentials

• University Of California, Davis School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)