Ratings for Dr. Gary Goplen

Dr. Goplen performed surgery to remedy my carpal tunnel Following surgery when the freezing was gone I a little discomfort and went to bed The next morning an thereafteri never experienced any pain whatsoever I was amazed 3-4 weeks later my hand is back to normal without any symptoms of carpal tunnel Dr Goplen is in unbelievable and he deserved a 10+

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

I am a 71 yr old female with MS. June 2017 I was suffering from Trigeminal Neurolgia. Dr Goplen was one of the few surgeons that would operate to relieve this unbearable pain. The procedure called MVD (micro vascular decompression) was done on the left side of my head with success. One year later I am still free from facial pain and thank Dr Goplen is so kind, patient, sympathetic and I would recommend him to anyone. I am 71yrs with MS and was suffering from Trigeminal Neurolgia on the left side of my head. One year ago Dr Goplen operated on me MVD (micro vascular decompression) and to this day I am still free of pain. He was one out of a few surgeons in Canada that would do the surgery on me. Thank You Dr Goplen you truly made my life worth living. God Bless You. g

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

Our family had a wonderful experience with Dr.Goplen. Our son needed an emergency brain surgery, and he was called in, there in a hurry, did an amazing job with our son, and was one of the kindest men we’ve met. He’s been so helpful throughout our journey with our son (who is doing wonderfully, may I add) and would recommend him to anyone. We couldn’t thank Dr.Goplen enough for helping our little boy survive !!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

Thank you Gary . I went to see him Dec 18 2017 and made my visit with him very unstressed and relaxing . He was very knowledgeable and made me feel very comfortable about what had to be done as well answered all my questions . He is very kind person and helpful . I was told that it would be about 6 weeks before surgery on my C6/7 Anterior cervical dissecting and fusion . To be continued .

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Zero stars to Gary. I went to him in February 2017 about a pituitary tumor the size of a quarter. It was affecting my hormones and pushing on my optic nerves. He said he'll schedule me for an MRI in a year and that he wasn't going to help me out . I went to Calgary for another opinion and they said it was quite urgent had it out two months later. Calgary's knowledge was exceptional. GARY'S....nonexisitant.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

I suffered severe trauma to my neck and back in an accident at work in 2002. three years later I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my neck. I now have osteophytes growing on my vertebrae and severe narrowing which is causing my arms and hands to go to sleep. lost all strength in my hands. He asked me five times which of the two fingers go numb first. Mi middle or ring finger. I told him neither each time. I finally asked him if he was waiting for me to agree or if he was going to listen to my answer. His receptionist told me she would get my MRI results before the appointment which she never did. I drove 8 hours to get told I have carpal tunnel. Even after an orthopedic specialist recommended decompression surgery. I was in his office no more than 10 minutes and he decided I need a hip replacement with no prior knowledge but didn't think my neck was an issue. Arrogant and ignorant.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I met with Dr. Goplen for the first time today. He was very knowledgable and answered all my questions, as I have a bulging disc in my lower spine that needs to get operated on. He told me that I would be in the hospital operating room with in the next month and went through the operation procedures. His staff were also very kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

I suffered from lower back pain for several years. Back in June 2017, my condition became so severe I was unable to walk due to a herniated disk. I was taken to KGH where I met Dr. Goplen. I found him to be very professional and extremelly knowledgeable. Dr. Goplen worked around the clock the weekend I was in. The following morning, Dr. Goplen operated on my back for approximately 2 hours. Upon waking up, the pain was completely gone. My right leg remained numb for approximately 3 weeks but the numbness eventually phased off. I subsequently had my follow up appointment with Dr. Goplen. I found him to be once again very caring and professional. Dr. Goplen has, without a doubt, given me a quality of life I had lost several years back. I would definitely recommend Dr. Goplen.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I found Dr. Goplen's bedside fine and he listened to my concerns. I'm not sure why he is getting so much hate here. I have not been back for my MRI results yet.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Seems to be a common trend on here.... Dr Goplin was the epitome of condescending and rude. I felt like an inconvenience to him. After being in excruciating pain for 6 months and trying 14 types of medication, trying physio, massage, chiro, Accupuncture, spinal injections, exercise, etc, Dr Goplin was my last resort. He refused to help me as soon as he looked at my MRI (which he only looked at 1-2 photos) and said he wouldn't help me. He didn't care that I wasn't sleeping, can't walk, can't work, and am losing all muscle mass on my left side. When I asked him what I should do his response was " I'm not your doctor, I'm a neurosurgeon. My job is to say yes or no to surgery and my answer is no" I would recommend not waiting your time!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017