Ratings for Dr. Bruce Lockwood

Dr. Lockwood prescribed medications without adequate examination, intake, counseling nor did he consider family observations/feedback about side/negative effects of prescribed medications on patient...and was not readily available and supportive for emergencies.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

First of all, some of these review sites need an "N/A" option for Staff. Many psychiatrists and therapists do not have a staff, so this would artificially skew the results downward. I have seen Dr. Lockwood for about a year and a half. He is calm, respectful, kind, and obviously an expert in his field. He keeps excellent track of prescriptions, which is absolutely necessary (he is an addiction specialist). When speaking with him, I absolutely feel like a respected person, not just another patient with an addiction problem. His sense of humor is great and makes it even easier to speak about myself. He gave me his emergency line a long time ago, and he always responds, even on the weekends, in a short amount of time. Whether it is a prescription refill, an urgent issue, or just a question, Dr. Lockwood has been there for me every step of the way. He helps build a working relationship with a strong foundation of trust. I have made great srides in my life since I first started seeing him.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2013

Do a simple google search for this doctor and you'll see mostly bad ratings. Note the time of those reviews if you can. Older ones are good but the latest ones are bad. I'm putting my review wherever I can. He's not helping his patients. Here's my experience and why I'm giving him a bad rating: He has no staff at his Westlake Village location. He sets appointments himself and doesn't do any of the follow up that other providers do. He expects you to do all the work he's supposed to pay a staff to do. This causes disorganization and confusion. That is dangerous in this field. He comes off nice at first (when he's billing you) but after that he couldn't care less. Do not use this provider.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Dr. Bruce Lockwood's Credentials

• Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr Sch Of Med, Lubbock Tx 79430 (Grad. 1979)